Esteemed Contributor

Re: Raise your hand if you think you own 20 or more pairs of black pants, including capris & jea

Nope, not black ones.  Can't imagine.

Honored Contributor

Re: Raise your hand if you think you own 20 or more pairs of black pants, including capris & jea

I think I own one pair of black slacks.  I live in a warm area, so I rarely wear slacks out.   Several pair of shorts, bermudas, a couple capri pants ....  and my favorite around the house "pants" are comfy black culottes with great pockets.

Trusted Contributor

@Mindy D   I probably owned at least 10 pairs of black pants as well as skirts and blazers while I was working.  I'm not sure where you live but I have always lived and worked in either NYC or central NJ and black was just a staple in my professional wardrobe.  When I first started working in Manhattan many years ago the company I worked for required me to wear either a skirt or suit!  I know from my sons and daughters-inlaw now that things have relaxed quite a bit in dress code.

Honored Contributor

Absolutely!  Black and white are the quintessential background for color.Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

@santorini wrote:

Yes.  Way more than that.  Almost every day I either have back on top or on bottom.  And yes, I am very pale with blonde hair but I love the contrast of blonde hair with a black top.  I don't understand people saying they're pale and can't wear black.  I love it.

@santorini   Obviously, I agree. I'm fair with silver hair and used to be a very dark brunette (my natural color). I always wore black...can't remember not wearing it. Although many say black may be too harsh as we get older, fair or not, I beat to my own drummer. Black on top, near my face, is fine with me.

Honored Contributor

No black pants for me, I bought a pair of dark navy in preparation for funerals.  With Covid any deaths I know have been held up for a funeral.  I've always worn navy, the few black tops I own make me look really washed out. They were just failed experiments.

Esteemed Contributor

I own less than 20 black pants, but I like wearing black. Age has nothing to do with black; it depends on one's skin tone, not how old they are. 

Black and white together is classic; add a pop of color in accessories, set to go. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like black pants and jeans, but I don't own that many. I have 2 pairs of dress black trousers (one with a slim leg, and one with a straight leg), one black casual chino style pant, one black bootcut jean, and 2 black knit pants for around the house. I also own a tiny black and white check print pant. That makes 7 pairs. 

@goldensrbest 

True about black not being best if you have pets. I always have a lint roller handy. I had a black sweatshirt once that said, "No outfit is complete with dog hair." There was a cat version too. 

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA 

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Guilty ....

But, I have more black tops than I have black pants.  38 black turtlenecks. (That's JUST turtlenecks - no idea how many black tops total.)

@ALRATIBA @@The 38 black turtlenecks is the most I have heard of anyone owning. That is amazing. I bet you have some very pretty ones. This season, I had trouble finding a longer length black turtleneck for me. I found one from Isaac on waitlist, but QVC cancelled my waitlist. I have quite a few blacks in a smaller size than I need. I was hoping to find one for me this year.

I'm retired now, and live in a very hot climate, so I would only need a couple of them in a cotton and maybe one in a sweater, since I would get little chance to wear them in the very few colder days we have here in S. Florida. It's kind of a shame that I own many cashmere turtlenecks in every color but they don't fit right now. I can't bear to part with them. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think I have exactly 2.  One pair of pants and 1 pair of jeans.  That's it.  I own a ton of jeans, but they are in much lighter colors than black.