Honored Contributor

Raincoats, Spring Coats, Blazers, Jackets And Such

[ Edited ]

How often do you actually button, zip, or snap all of your coats?

I'll tie a belt around me, but I never use any other closure.  I detest leaning over trying to thread a zipper head onto teeth!   

For warmth, I use a cashmere, wool, or acrylic scarf to keep warm and hold the coat to me. I DO go out and warm my car.

When I buy the item, I make sure it buttons for fit.

If I'm wearing a hoodie at home for warmth, I'll zip that..But that's it!

Respected Contributor

Re: Raincoats, Spring Coats, Blazers, Jackets And Such

I like a car-length coat to both zip and snap. I can snap when in a hurry and do both if the weather is extreme. If I wear a full-length coat, it's usually because it's cold, very windy, or pouring rain, and during that weather I button up.

Esteemed Contributor

For coats, i fasten a couple of buttons or snaps. I dont button blazers. I really prefer cardigans with buttons or snaps to fasten one or two at strategic places to complement my figure (or so I think).

Valued Contributor

Don't wear any of these is south Florida. Just too hot. I do have a poncho for the torrential rains that we are having right now. 

Honored Contributor

When I worked in Chicago and took the train in, I always buttoned or zipped up.  Chicago is the "windy city."  Now, being retired, I wear jackets and if it is chilly I will button up otherwise I leave the jacket open.  I remember when I was going through my divorce and purchased a $800 Max Mara black coat.  I thought I might as well get it while I can.  lol  I still have that coat.  The wool is so soft.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Almost always. I prefer them closed.
Honored Contributor

I don't like zippers on coats.  I seldom button coats unless it is windy and then I will button a couple just to keep the coat from flapping.    

I do have a couple of rain coats but I only wear them for walking the neighborhood.  

I never wear hoodies or sweatshirts.  .  

Esteemed Contributor

I don't wear any jackets, blazers etc. much to hot. The most I will wear is a hoodie for when it's real cold outside. Rarely zip unless it's windy. 

Esteemed Contributor

Most blazers and sweaters I don't button.   Sometimes it will depend on the style though.

Winter coats, well living in the northeast, that depends on the weather of the day!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

I rarely button or zip any kind of coat, jacket, hoodie, or blazer. I prefer to wear them open. 

Exceptions:

If it’s really cold, and I will be outside awhile, I button and/or zip up my winter coat. 

I wear my crew neck printed cardigans buttoned up as tops often. I usually leave the top and bottom buttons undone when I do this.