Respected Contributor

Re: Rails Hunter Plaid button-down shirts -- I am in love

I love plaid shirts but I prefer cotton. If anyone is interested in some really nice no iron cotton plaids try the Foxcroft brand. They have their own website but also available at Drapers, Appleseds, Tog Shop, etc. And Amazon of course. Most come in petite and plus also.

Honored Contributor

@froggy wrote:

I love plaid shirts but I prefer cotton. If anyone is interested in some really nice no iron cotton plaids try the Foxcroft brand. They have their own website but also available at Drapers, Appleseds, Tog Shop, etc. And Amazon of course. Most come in petite and plus also.

@froggy, cotton is surely an option. But I am so impressed with the feel and the drape of Rails Hunter plaids, and the choice of colors is impressive. I wish I could buy them all. :-) Something about them just seems a bit more feminine than traditional cotton or flannel ones.

As always, it's just a personal preference.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3

Your shirts are also available at Bloomingdales. I find that this store frequently has better sales than some of the others.

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@SouthFlorida321, and everyone else.

I received my two shirts, and they are perfect -- material, style, color, and fit. I washed them on gentle/cold and hung them to dry. No wrinkles.

I was so impressed that I bought three more at discount on Amazon. That will be it. :-)  The 100 percent rayon makes these shirts feel like silk but still substantial. That's what I wanted, not a heavy cotton or flannel.

Interesting tidbit: When I checked the prices of the five shirts just now, they have all gone up considerably. I think that is strange. I wonder what algorithem uses to determine changing prices.

If you are at all interested in looking at them, search on Amazon for Rails Hunter plaid shirts and fine the page that has almost 50 different shades from which to choose. There are many good discounts, depending upon which you choose. Shipping and returns are free, at least on Prime.

@suzyQ3 Congrats! Thank you for posting the info on "Rails" quality.  Now you have me curious about the Rayon with it's easy care for this line!  I did go to Amazon and saw the selections and indeed they were pricier than what you paid for them, lucky you!

I think the pricing at Amazon goes up as the inventory gets lower?  This is what I have noticed from my experiences with them.  I'm keeping my eye out at all the shops for discounts.  

I liked this plaid too.Woman Very Happy

9774129_fpx.jpg

Respected Contributor

Pretty shirts @suzyQ3.

Kinda sorta OT, but I've become a big fan of Anna Feris in Mom too!

Honored Contributor

Saks Off Fifth has some for $59.99. If I could find one in my size for that price I'd order it. Only with free returns.

How does the sizing run @suzyQ3? I'm always a medium in a top unless it's really skimpy sizing. I have a very small chest.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

Hard for me to say, @Greeneyedlady21.  I'm an xsmall or a xxsmall. The smallest option on amazon was xsmall, and it fits nicely. I think they good when not too tight.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I went to amazon and searched for Rails Hunter shirt and here is one of the search  results 🤣dumb.jpg