Honored Contributor

Re: Rachel Hollis' Longhorn Sweater

@Desertdi wrote:

I'm afraid someone might call me a "heifer"............

@Desertdi.  There are worse things....

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

Are you referring to her plagiarizing or something else?

@RetRN What are you talking about?

Honored Contributor

If the graphic were upside down, if the color was red, and it said BOOMER SOONER, I would consider it.

I think in the southwest that's pretty much a Texas thing.

Respected Contributor

I'm a Texan and a UT grad, so this one is calling my name, particularly the black one.  It does seem a bit pricey for such a light weight, cotton 'sweater.' Since it's 100% cotton, I wonder how much it will shrink when laundered.  

Respected Contributor

@Sooner 

Along those lines, if it was red/black with a Double T on it, I'd get one.   No way this Texas Tech gal is going to be seen  in that.  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

I'm afraid someone might call me a "heifer"............

@Desertdi.  There are worse things....

@Kachina624                   !

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am not an Alabama fan (University of Alabama) but I bet those people spend near the national debt on college logo clothing and probably 50% have never even driven by the UA. 

It's like University of Kentucky basketball.  Oh, my.  They are obsessed with basketball in Kentucky.  But what about the Rock Chalk/Hawk Jayhawks

You do not have to be a UK basketball or University Kansas fan or a UA football fan to love your alma mater.  I see plenty of Ohio State, UCLA, Michigan, Georgia Tech and Penn State clothing and I remember when Hook 'em Horns and Boomer were all the rage.  There are reasons we know the names of Vince Young, Refrigerator, Sweet Walter Payton, OJ Simpson, Cam Newton, Tom Brady, Bart Starr, Tim Tebow, Peyton Manning, Joe Namath et al.  They are rock stars in their leagues.  And hey, your school UT is one of the top 50 in several areas as well as  disciplines academically in the world.

People who love their college have every right to wear it with the pride and class it deserves. 

People who wear T-shirts with an arrow pointing to their baby or all those talking/word shirts sold on QVC with love/peace slogans.  I find word shirts with popular slogans more irritating than colic to me, but if they want to wear them, more power to them and it is not my money.  

Respected Contributor

HOOK 'EM HORNS  !

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday Don't forget Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray, Dede Westbrook, Sterling Shepart, Kenny Stills, Adrian Peterson, and others. . . BOOMER SOONER!  We're in the playoffs ya know! 

OU!  Not just a name from the past!  

@Nonametoday wrote:

I am not an Alabama fan (University of Alabama) but I bet those people spend near the national debt on college logo clothing and probably 50% have never even driven by the UA. 

It's like University of Kentucky basketball.  Oh, my.  They are obsessed with basketball in Kentucky.  But what about the Rock Chalk/Hawk Jayhawks

You do not have to be a UK basketball or University Kansas fan or a UA football fan to love your alma mater.  I see plenty of Ohio State, UCLA, Michigan, Georgia Tech and Penn State clothing and I remember when Hook 'em Horns and Boomer were all the rage.  There are reasons we know the names of Vince Young, Refrigerator, Sweet Walter Payton, OJ Simpson, Cam Newton, Tom Brady, Bart Starr, Tim Tebow, Peyton Manning, Joe Namath et al.  They are rock stars in their leagues.  And hey, your school UT is one of the top 50 in several areas as well as  disciplines academically in the world.

People who love their college have every right to wear it with the pride and class it deserves. 

People who wear T-shirts with an arrow pointing to their baby or all those talking/word shirts sold on QVC with love/peace slogans.  I find word shirts with popular slogans more irritating than colic to me, but if they want to wear them, more power to them and it is not my money.  

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday.  Hey, what if you just like cows or steers of the longhorns variety?  They are symbolic of the Old West.  To heck with the universities; I graduated from one in Pennsylvania.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment