Respected Contributor

I too am a bit puzzled.  The day of the TSV, there were a few threads on these forums about Rachel Hollis.  Much of it was negative about her line of clothing.  Some of it was critical of her business and philosophy.  Really though, i did not think anything was nasty or "over the top."  I wonder if she complained.  It seemed like in one big swoop, all the threads were gone. Poof! Poof!  Poof!

Trusted Contributor

It's right on the front page - All Rachel Hollis on sale through 12/19.  Just a sale.  QVC is actually having one.  Can you believe it? The price will go up after that. She's not going anywhere.

Respected Contributor

I don’t know if she is going anywhere but I received my TSV shirt yesterday and I think it’s going to be my favorite cute comfy shirt.  I got the camo and went down one size from my normal QVC size and the fit is perfect.  Still oversized as it was meant to be but it drapes nicely so it doesn’t look that way.  I’m glad I took a chance on it  

Honored Contributor

It could be that sales are dismal and and slashing prices is a way to get people to try the line.  I just found it odd because in 30 plus years, I've never seen QVC put all, every bit (with the exception of the TSV) of any designer's line on sale.

Honored Contributor

I don't know who she is and don't know her business philosophy.  I saw part of the TSV presentation the morning of and was not impressed with the fact that she didn't seem to know much about, well, anything.  She was actually proud of the fact that she got a type of fabric correct.  

I also have no idea why I would want to buy a sweatshirt that said Girl Wash your Face on it.   

Esteemed Contributor

What I wonder is: what were the prices on TSV day?  I can't listen to the videos where I'm at, but the visual no longer shows the price (guess that's new? I don't watch a lot of Q's videos.)  Says sale prices through the 19th, but were some cut after they were shown on TSV day?  This thread was a couple of days afterwards.  I agree with the OP, that it's a little odd.

@itsmagic  I'm actually wearing the camo TSV today - I like it too!  Didn't size down and do think the neckline is a bit too big.

@Lipstickdiva  I don't know who she is either and have subsequently found out that "Girl, wash your face" is the name of one of her self help books.  I still don't know what it means!!  LOL

Honored Contributor

I bought that cotton sweater with the steer on the back that was on sale. I tried to review it, but could not. The sweater is attractive in a hip way and I could see that young people may like it. That being said, the cotton is very thin and wrinkles easily, IMO it's not worth the sale price so I'm returning it. I do like RH and respect that she is a self-made success, but I doubt if her clothing line will survive.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Rachel Hollis LTD

[ Edited ]

Remember when QVC did their quarterly summer financials how the Rachel Hollis brand was played up during their conference call? Linked from QVC's investor page is a powerpoint presentation, take a look at page 6:

http://ir.qurateretail.com/static-files/273f1b98-6405-4801-8f1e-e33f75dc785c

I think that the millennial customer that QVC is looking for probably isn't going to be buying her merchandise on QVC. Rachel Hollis is also a keynote speaker at a lot of MLM conventions and it would be wise to do your research about her as well as the controversies about her and her books before deciding if you want to support her brand or not.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I don't know who she is and don't know her business philosophy.  I saw part of the TSV presentation the morning of and was not impressed with the fact that she didn't seem to know much about, well, anything.  She was actually proud of the fact that she got a type of fabric correct.  

I also have no idea why I would want to buy a sweatshirt that said Girl Wash your Face on it.   

I've read a little bit about her, and this doesn't surprise me at all. She's basically a motivational speaker for surburban millenial moms. There is no substance to anything she espouses, but her wholesome image and "inspiring" messages appeal to some women I guess.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

Re: Rachel Hollis LTD

[ Edited ]

@JJsMom wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I've read a little bit about her, and this doesn't surprise me at all. She's basically a motivational speaker for surburban millenial moms. There is no substance to anything she espouses, but her wholesome image and "inspiring" messages appeal to some women I guess.

Me too.  I never heard of before and when I looked her up, I wondered what the heck is QVC thinking?  She has no background in fashion or style or design or retail.  But she has a following so QVC must have assumed that following would follow her right over to QVC and buy clothes only because her name is on them.  I haven't seen her presentations but my friend saw her show and thought she wasn't prepared and didn't even pretend to know what she was talking about.