Respected Contributor

RUFFLES AND FLOUNCES AND TIERS

I am so tired of all the ruffles, flounces and tiers on dresses, skirts and shirts.  To me they are very juvenile and are not very tasteful for us older (70) gals.  Just sayin.....I prefer a more tailored streamlined look.

Super Contributor

Re: RUFFLES AND FLOUNCES AND TIERS

I agree with you.
Too frilly is not my style.
Those tiered dresses look horrible on me anyway.
Esteemed Contributor

I think each has merit.❤ I concur regarding a well tailored look.😊 You can never go wrong with it!👍  I am a girly girly sometimes, and LOVE a little ruffle and perhaps flounce on skirts here and there, if they are not overdone.🥰

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

While I like simple lines & elegance in some of my clothes, I also like a little femininity with a touch of a ruffle, a tier, a flounce, or a bit of eyelet or lace, etc. in some of my other clothes. I like a variety & I also like moderation.

Respected Contributor

@SandySparklesi agree!!  I love variety!  I wear a black double breasted suit with the best of them, however, i enjoy some ruffles and such also,  I enjoy variety and if one place doesn't have what I like then I move on to a place that suits me! That is why I am glad that there are many places to shop and spend my money!!

Respected Contributor

I just read on the tv forum that it is the 50th anniversary of the little house on the prairie show.   Perhaps they want us all to dress in that style.   That's what these types of dresses remind me of.   Ma Ingalls must have shopped at the Q

Honored Contributor

Ruffles, flounce and tiers just add bulk and make a person look larger.  Who wants that?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Ruffles and flounces and tiers!  Oh, my!

Lions and Tigers and Bears…Oh my!!

All I know is that when I'm in ruffles, flounces and tiers, I look like this:

WGN's Bozo the Clown, Joey D'Auria Bozo The Clown, Clowning Around, Period Costumes, Favorite Tv ...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee    bst.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Yes,  have to admit  the designs are based on the least amt of sewing as possible . Most of the prints ,  have not appealed to me , even though  I often  do like floral prints. 

Seen some lovely , Talbot dresses or even Boston Proper  and Soft Surroundings that have a variety of A line or straight along with  lace or ruffles if you like. Even North Style has a better variety for women of all shapes and sizes .