Honored Contributor

Re: RL “PALACE” Line can you say “grunge?”

There are a few solid shirts under all those prints. That’s all I see that I like. My DH wears traditional RL polo shirts, but he would never wear any of these printed pieces. 

Respected Contributor

This line is a collaboration between Palace Skateboards and Polo RL. As such, I wouldn't expect it to look like classic RL -- it has a younger appeal. A lot of the older classic brands have lines specifically aimed at younger people -- Brooks Brothers, LL Bean, etc. They generally have a more modern, updated take on the classics, with slimmer cuts, etc.

Honored Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

This line is a collaboration between Palace Skateboards and Polo RL. As such, I wouldn't expect it to look like classic RL -- it has a younger appeal. A lot of the older classic brands have lines specifically aimed at younger people -- Brooks Brothers, LL Bean, etc. They generally have a more modern, updated take on the classics, with slimmer cuts, etc.

@jonbon  As I actually do not know anyone who, in the executive world, would wear this --- young or old --- I am assuming this is for the kids who have not yet gotten jobs and live in their parents' basements? 

Trusted Contributor

Yuck. Maybe just to hang out around the house?
Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

@jonbon  As I actually do not know anyone who, in the executive world, would wear this --- young or old --- I am assuming this is for the kids who have not yet gotten jobs and live in their parents' basements? 

First of all, this is not supposed to be executive work wear. But a younger person (well, anyone, I suppose) could easily have a great job yet wear something from this collection in off hours, or at a creative-type job of some sort. I don't know. I was simply providing a bit more background about how the collection came about and why it has the "look" that it does. It is not "classic" RL Polo, and as with the RL looks in the other thread, I'm not so sure someone would wear all of the pieces together as shown in the post.