Honored Contributor

REVIEW ON COLLEEN LOPEZ T.S.!

[ Edited ]

I received my T.S. on Tuesday.  I ordered it in black and absolutely love it.  I ordered my normal size, and it fit perfectly.  I was concerned it may run big.  It does run a bit long, but it's definitely not too long for me.  It also doesn't run big imo.  I am five 8 and the length is perfect on me in the regular length.

I looked at reviews, and the first few pages of reviews are terrible on it.  It's the oddest thing...the more recent pages of reviews are very favorable. It's interesting how some hated it and some loved it.   I absolutely love the sleeves, but I can totally see how some who dress more conservatively or basic may find them "too much". The sleeves and lace detail are what drew me to it, and I'm very happy with it.  It's not scratchy though a couple said it was.  The fabric is nice, and it will wash up well.  I will wait for it to go down on sale in 3 or 4 months and probably buy another one.  It will be nice for the holidays or just dinner out.  I dont' think it's in the least bit too dressy, and I can easily wear it with a pair of nice dark jeans. One could dress this up ,though, and wear it to a more dressy occasion.  

I did notice how some didn't like that clay color and they called it ugly and awful.  I wasn't drawn to that color from the start so that was no surprise to me. 

Anyway, if anyone else received their top, I'm curious  about your review.  I think they are going to be very mixed!   For me..it's a total yes!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Re: REVIEW ON COLLEEN LOPEZ T.S.!

Would you be able to do a product #.  I wonder if she will do clothes once HSN is on board with Q.  I really like her.

Honored Contributor

Wonderful review @winamac1.  I agree, I love it!  I purchased it in blue.  I am 5'7" and like you say, it's a bit long, but it's intended to be and I like it for the style.  The sleeves are supposed to be exaggerated bell sleeves, and they are beautiful and airy. 

@qualitygal the item # is 557-388.

Respected Contributor

I received mine, and I love it too. 

I feel very comfortable wearing it off the shoulders or on the shoulders.  The sleeves are so dramatic.

I can wear it with jeans or dress pants. 

Honored Contributor

I've been reading the reviews and they are pretty bad.  Out of 47 so far, it's average 2 stars.  Reading some of them left me shaking my head.  I know colors can vary from tv to tv but on my tvs, my computer monitors and my phone, the red looked like a clay color.  It didn't look like a vibrant red at all yet people were complaining about the color being muted?  LOL

Lots of complaints about how the shoulders will not stay down and some complaining about the bell sleeves.  Did they not see the sleeves when they bought the blouse? Woman LOL  

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I've been reading the reviews and they are pretty bad.  Out of 47 so far, it's average 2 stars.  Reading some of them left me shaking my head.  I know colors can vary from tv to tv but on my tvs, my computer monitors and my phone, the red looked like a clay color.  It didn't look like a vibrant red at all yet people were complaining about the color being muted?  LOL

Lots of complaints about how the shoulders will not stay down and some complaining about the bell sleeves.  Did they not see the sleeves when they bought the blouse? Woman LOL  

I completely disregard those types of reviews.

Colleen stated multiple times it wasn't a vibrant red. 

And as far as the sleeves - I don't even know what to say about that.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I completely disregard those types of reviews.

Colleen stated multiple times it wasn't a vibrant red. 

And as far as the sleeves - I don't even know what to say about that.  LOL

I saw this presented multiple times and every host commented about the red shade in particular and how it wasn't really red.  LOL

Honored Contributor

I shake my head at reviewers who complained about the sleeves.  The sleeves were shown and the sleeve detail was mentioned many times. 

The reviews are bad early on.  The more recent ones I saw early this a.m. were good.

I snagged the original in the blue (last one in my size), and I love it too.  It was $10 more than the T.S. and is obviously a return.  

I don't wear mine off the shoulders so I don't care if it stays down.  I want mine up.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm in the minority here but the majority on HSN.  I received black and it was one wrinkled mess.  It had more than a few threads hanging from the sleeve lace.

I tried putting the neckline not too far down on my shoulders the way Colleen wore hers.  It kept popping up.  It stays if I pull it at least 3" down but then it looks strange.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@abbeythe 8th wrote:

I'm in the minority here but the majority on HSN.  I received black and it was one wrinkled mess.  It had more than a few threads hanging from the sleeve lace.

I tried putting the neckline not too far down on my shoulders the way Colleen wore hers.  It kept popping up.  It stays if I pull it at least 3" down but then it looks strange.

That's a bummer!  At least you can return it!