Respected Contributor

Re: REFoRMED SHOPAHOLICs week of May 12

Part 2..the cursor got stuck..

Claudia..I had a chuckle over your long ago road trip without the proper gear.  I remember when we did a rtrip out to Ca when the kids were young..I was so worried about crossing desert areas the I made v get a 5 gallon water container..did we need it..no...my brother ,mwhom we were visiting thought it was hysterical.

Linda..your trip sounds interesting, but I would have trouble with all of that activity...if I were more mobile and had less pain, I could probably do it. Enjoy..and I know seeing your family will be special.

have a good evening. 🌸🌸

Respected Contributor

The pace of your tour certainly is busy, Linda. I hope you are enjoying it.

Tippy is very active this evening - the result of being crated while we were at the VA hospital about R's possible hernia. I wasn't about to leave her loose in the house though. Right now Griff is hiding. He's had enough.

I was going to mow tomorrow until I saw the rain forecast. With all our rain the past week the grass has grown fast. I mowed out front and got a third of the back mowed before the battery needed to charge. The temperature had dropped from 70° and it is very windy.

R was told he doesn't need surgery but that surgeon feels there's a musculoskeletal problem that is causing the difficulty walking.

Tomorrow someone is coming to measure for the door to R's upstairs work room. We discovered his sit up bench must have been in the utility trailer when he had it and assorted junk hauled away. We can't find it in the house or garage. Something that big can't be overlooked. I don't recall it being in the utility trailer but can't think of any other explanation.

Covering any flat surface sounds very familiar, Barbara. I haven't looked around for any planters or plants yet.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Glad you are getting things cleaned off and arranged, Barbara.  Your flowers and planters sound nice.

Good the R doesn't need surgery, Claudia.  But, it sounds like he still has several issues to be repaired/solved.   I guess Tippy is putting you on notice about the crate.   I don't blame you for putting her there while you were out.  At least you got some mowing done.

Our weather was nice today -- sunny and warmer.  Another busy day -- Library of Congress, Congress, Supreme Court, and the Air and Space Museum.  Lots of walking and stairs.  Also, had to go through security several times.  Dinner was on our own, and a couple of ladies and I went out to a seafood place -- lots of food.  

I am pretty sure that I lost one of my hearing aids at the Air and Space Museum.  It is possible that it is in the bus, but I doubt it.  I'm not a happy camper, but nothing I can do.  We use a device to listen to our tour guides that involves putting in a ear phone/head phone in one ear, and I think I lost it when I had to take it out to go through security.  Hopefully, I can get.a replacement with no problem when I get home.

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..I had my infusion this morning and then went to part of knitting...that was fun. There is one woman who does not like me and will only speak to me I feel I ask her something so I shower her with questions..lol.

Sydnie has no shorts and I had a 30% coupon from kohl’s so I picked up several pairs. The smallest size I could find was a 1..

Claudia..glad that r does not have to have surgery. I have a mechanical issue with my left knee that there is nothing that can be done.  Pepper had a dead squirrel head hidden yesterday..she tried to bite me and I really bopped her on the nose.she can be very stubborn.

i laugh over Tippy s antics.

Linda you are mighty busy on that trip. Sorry that you lost your hearing aid...I could see how that could happen with those headphones. Good the weather got better.

it is 81 today but will be much cooler and rainy for the next few days.

i await my headache.

sleep well.😘😘

Esteemed Contributor

Hope your infusion helps and your headache isn't too bad.  Glad you were able to go to knitting and find some shorts for Syd.  There are sure a lot of school kids visiting DC this week.  Most seemed to be pretty good, but their leaders have to do a lot of crowd control.

Our weather is nice, and I enjoyed our visits today -- two monuments I had not seen before, and two Smithsonian museums -- I saw the African American History Museum for the first time.  We are going out to dinner and then to the theater and get back late (for me, anyway).  The leader checked, and no one has found my hearing aid, so I hope I don't have trouble getting a new one fairly quickly after I return home.  It may take a while since the audiologist only comes to my area a couple of times a week (at most.)

Hope your day is going okay, Claudia, and R and your furbabies are doing okay as well.

Have a nice evening.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Linda, is there any way you could call and leave a message for the audiologist that you lost one hearing aid? That might hurry the replacement. I'm glad your weather is warmer. It was 70° again today. I hurried and finished the mowing. It rained a bit overnight. Normally I would have waited another day or two to mow but rain is forecast for the next couple of days.

I still need to trim the grass along the fenceline but at least the mowing is done.

We still have R's total body bone scan Tuesday. So the worries aren't over yet. He slept most of the afternoon. Tippy certainly has many of TT's mischievous quirks.

I'm glad you were able to go to knitting, Barbara. I know you enjoy it very much. I hope the shorts are a good fit for Sydnie.

Have to go Tip is telling me she needs out.

Esteemed Contributor

I hope R's scan goes okay, Claudia.  I guess Tipp will calm down eventually, correct?  I took your advice -- had to look up the number, etc., but called the audiologist.  She called back very quickly -- the hearing aid is on order, and I'll pick it up next Thursday.  I couldn't ask for faster service.  It will cost $300 (my deductible), but still not bad.  I'm feeling pretty naked without the other hearing aid, but so far so good as far as hearing goes.

Poor DD had quite a difficult drive to pick me up this morning-- road closures galore plus detours on toll roads, etc.  But, we made it back via a different route (no tolls).  We had an early lunch and then stopped by the grocery store so I could pick up some yogurt and fruit, etc.  She did a little shopping as well.  

Oldest DGS had the day off, and he had taken youngest DGS out to lunch and then drove him to work.  He is looking older -- wearing some facial hair, and he was dressed casually.  Looked good.  DD looks good as well.  Actually looks younger as well as thinner.  She picked up DGD and a grocery order from Wal Mart, and then took me to the hotel to check in.  It is sort of an extended stay place -- large room with a refrigerator, microwave, and even dishwasher.  I think I could entertain there.  LOL

My SIL just left work a little while ago, so he will be later than usual.  The other two boys are working, and I don't know when they will arrive.

DD showed me the deck, new door, new flower beds, new furniture, and new appliances.  All very nice.  She has the new front door in the garage, but no date for installation since there has been too much rain, etc.  Not sure it will be done by the time I leave, but.....

Hope your headache wasn't too bad, and you are having a good day, Barbara.  

Also hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. I really enjoyed the play last night, but we didn't get back to the hotel until about 11:00 p.m., and I had trouble getting to sleep.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon...I have been trying to keep on top of my headache..took a nap and that seemed to help. V is not feeling super..headache and fever but he has perked up this afternoon. 

So so I have not accomplished a lot but that is ok.

Glad you got your hearing aid situation figured out, Linda. I am sure you will have a great visit with dd and family. Her deck sounds very nice..enjoy.

claudia..fingers crossed that rs scan is good. Hope Tip behaved herself today..I wonder what Griff thinks of her. 

Have a a good evening...hope you sleep better tonight, Linda,

🌺🌺🌺

Respected Contributor

I'm glad you will be able to get the replacement hearing aid quickly, Linda. Enjoy your time with your CD and family.  I bet it was nice to see the various improvements at your DD's.

I'm a bit irritated with R. He went to practice at the muzzleloader range for his firearm qualification with the sheriff's department (the first time he's been able to do this in the past 3 years). He came home and announced he's going back down tomorrow to help with the cleanup before the Memorial Day weekend rendezvous because his buddy only has one other person to help. He can't walk more than 75 yards, is short of breath, can't do much lifting. Smh. If he finds he can't qualify Monday because he did too much he'll be sorry. I wish he'd take it easy until after he has the scan.

Tippy has been extra active today. She's forgotten all her lessons on no jumping and no nipping. At least she's tired herself out for now. Griff sometimes tires of her exuberance and retreats to his crate or the kitchen.

Barbara, I hope V continues to peek up and your headache improves. Sometimes you need a day or  two to just take it easy.

I hope to go to bed early tonight. At least I'll try.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..it is very cold and rainy here..high of maybe 46. Brrrr..this is why I haven’t planter anything yet.

i have decided a solution for my too many clothes problem...I am going to store half os what I have so will have relatively new clothes. And I am definitely on a nonbuy kick.

Linda..hoe you are enjoying your visit with dds family. Glad you got the hearing aid figured out. 

V is having a terrible time because his left ear is blocked...whatever the dr gave him is not working and of course, he will not call. 

Claudia..r seems to not want to pace himself. I think it is harder for men to accept that they can no longer do what they could in the pst. 

We head for our trip East on Weds...need to think about clothes because the weather looks sketchy.

syd is home and is being very entertaining. I am going to have her start cleaning out her room

enjoy your day.🌻🌻