Respected Contributor

REFoRMED SHOPAHOLICs week of May 12

Happy Mother’s Day...my kids are not good about remembering these things...but Sydnie made me breakfast and a card, V is getting steaks for dinner...

Sydnie won 2 trophies at her tae kwondo championship yesterday. Her teachers said that is very unusual for a beginner.

I have a few chores to do today...I need to get back into knitting.

I wonder is Linda is traveling???

Clauda..hope your fur babies treat you well today.

Enjoy 💜💜

Respected Contributor

Re: REFoRMED SHOPAHOLICs week of May 12

Good for Sydnie. I hope you get back to your knitting, Barbara.

I have 3 bags ( the 13 gallon size) of donations in the back of the car. I spent part of the day putting laundry away and sorting through clothes. The yard cleanup and cat litter are done and the garbage is out.

My guess is that Linda is on her trip now.

Our weather is cool and rainy.

Right now I'm trying to muster the energy to vacuum and dust upstairs.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I am on my trip.  Lots of adventures so far.  The weather stinks -- cool (50's) and rainy.  I think it is supposed to be warmer and more sunny on Wednesday or Thursday, but.....  I took a chance to go to Arlington Cemetery today via Metro, and I went to the columbarium where my parents are buried.  There was a free bus to go to the grave site, but I decided to walk back.  The bus driver saw me walking (not far from the entrance and gave me a ride.   I got a little wet and chilled, but not too bad.  

DD and I talked, and she was having a very good day and got several nice gifts from the "kids".  She had sent me a card before I went on the trip.  And, DH's DD called and left a message wishing me a happy day which was very nice.  

The tour sounds very interesting and I had some nice conversations with a few of the ladies.  

Happy Mother's Day to both of you, and I hope you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Back from getting my hair trimmed..my visit turned out to longer because my hairdresser is quite chatty. She is an excellent stylist and does beautiful precision trims.

it was sunny but now is cloudy. I am not inspired by this weather.

Linda..I was just checking the weather for our trip to the East Cosst next week and it does not too warm...I hope you are enjoying your trip. 

Claudia..sounds like you had a nice mother’s day. My kids are not intomgifts for these kind of holidays, but we had good visits via FaceTime. 

Groceries here have gotten so expensive...I am going on a field trip tomorrow to do some pricing. I am thinking of Target and Costco for meat.

enjoy your day....🌸🌸

Respected Contributor

Sorry The weather stinks, Linda. I'm glad you got to Arlington and hope you enjoy your trip. Good thing you packed that sweater.

It was nice of your DH'S daughter to call and I'm glad your DR had a good day.

It rained here most of the day and it is chilly. Two good things. First Tigger is fairly healthy for an almost 17 year old cat. The vet had thought there might be a tooth problem. She looked at her teeth though and said " these are in really good shape especially for her age". Heart and lungs are good. She has lost weight though so I have an appetite stimulant to give her. Second, the DAV van take us to and from Pittsburgh.

Barbara, every time I go to the store it seems prices have gone up. I find myself checking out Aldi's more often. Pippin's special food from Chewy has also increased. I'm glad you are pleased with your hairdresser and your trim.

The terrible Tippy distracted me by rattling the copper tray and mugs on the dining table. While I was investigating she went back to the living room and dumped my ice tea all over the floor, small table, and chair slipcover. Major cleanup in progress.

Have a good evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Definitely cool and rainy here again today.  We saw so much, and I'm pretty worn out.  Glad you are happy with your hairdresser, Barbara.  Good luck with finding less expensive groceries.  

Glad to hear about your pretty healthy, if elderly cat, Claudia.  Glad to hear about the van.  

I did not sleep well last night, so I think I'll try to get to bed pretty soon.  Another busy day tomorrow, and it is supposed to be chilly again with a chance of rain.  I wish I brought a warmer coat like some of the others.  My little rain jacket and sweater are not enough.  Go figure the temperatures would be well below normal.   Oh well.

Hope both of you sleep well tonight.

Hugs, 

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..I made a grocery store run and indeed, prices are higher here than in Az. Wonder what additional costs the tariffs will bring???

it is nice enough here to have some windows open...v is down stairs and I am sure that I will have to close them when he comes up stairs.

Linda..could you buy a omething to keep you warmer??? I I hope you did not have too many misadventures getting to your destination. I take a couple of cotton scarf wraps that I made,mwhen intravel.in spite of being cold, hope you are enjoying yourself.

Claudia..hope Tippy settles down...I think I told you that Pepper does not have too many puppy qualities left. Hope you are having a good day.

fingers crossed that I feel better after my infusion on Thursday.

have a good rest of the f the day.🌺🌺

Respected Contributor

Linda, the year Adam was born R and I took a mini vacation along Skyline Drive visiting DC and Williamsburg/Busch Gardens. It was late May and R saw no need for jackets and sleeping bags. Big mistake. We ended sleeping in the mini van sharing a poncho liner. Next day we bought sweatshirts as soon as we could. That night we stayed at a hotel. I hope your weather warms up.

Adam called a bit ago wishing me a late Happy Mother's Day. While we were talking Tippy came from the kitchen carrying 4 bananas. Yikes. The surviving bananas are now in the cereal cupboard.

Barbara, I think prices increasing due to tariffs will only apply to imported food and other imported items. The current higher prices may be due to the weather problems the past several months. I hope the farmers affected can recover and have a good growing season.

On a side note I see the county and the local school district will be raising property taxes.

I hope Thursday's infusion has you feeling much better.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Hope your infusion helps, Barbara.  I heard that tomatoes coming from Mexico will be considerably more expensive -- not sure it is due to tariffs or something else (I think there was some sort of law and the Florida tomato farmers prevailed).  It is unfortunate for those of us living in Arizona since most of our tomatoes come from Mexico.  But, I have no idea about other foods.  I know that most of the fish sold in the U.S. Goes through China at some point.  Amazingly enough (to me) our fishermen catch the fish, but then send it all the way to China for processing, and it is sent back to us.  I think this also happens with other foods.  So tariffs might affect more foods than we expect.  

That Tipp is something else, Claudia.  Sorry about the loss of all those bananas.

Fortunately, the sun came out today.   It was chilly in the morning, but warmed up later -- thank goodness.  It is supposed to make it up to 70 degrees tomorrow and the 89's on the weekend.   That is more like it.

They are really running us ragged -- we started with a lecture (very interesting), and then went to the Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam Memorial, Korean Memorial, the National Gallery of Art (where we had lunch and then a very interesting tour), then to the WWII Memorial.  Fortunately, we didn't have any activities after dinner since I think most of us were pretty worn out.  I think quite a few of the participants are even older than me, and several are using canes, etc.  One guy has a walker and uses a wheelchair -- his wife has her hands full.  

I am learning a lot and enjoying myself, but I think it will be good to have a few days after this when I'll be just visiting DD and family, etc.  

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..it is a nice day here..warm enough to have the house open. I cleaned out an rearranged a couple of kitchen cabinets. I was able to get all of the stuff on top of the refrigerator cleared off. My housemates..mans s consider any flat surface needs to have stuff on it..lol..

v and I went to Costco and lo and behold,mtgey had beautiful planters, baskets and bedding plants at a very reasonable price. I wanted a red and white theme so got 2 big planters, a hanging basket and flowers for my box in front of the bedroom winters. V made it my mother days gift. 🥰🥰