Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFOrMED SHOPAHOLICs week of March 4

Good Afternoon.  It is cloudy and a bit windy here, but nice and warm. 

DH was very sleepy again today, but he managed to eat at least half of his lunch.  The lady I was told is taking over as the "main" caregiver was there, but she told me that her boss had not told her she was taking over.  So, it is a bit of a mystery. I told her that I planned to have DH's celebration on Wednesday at lunchtime (rather than his birthday on Thursday), and she will be there.

Very quiet day so far, which is fine with me.  

Hope all is well with you Barbara, and the aches are giving you a break.  Also hope you are doing okay, Claudia, and the dogs and cats are behaving.  Also hope R is doing okay.

Sleep well everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I am back from working a booth at a business fair. I sat a lot and my friend was with me. I hope to pick up a couple os customer.

The man who is trimming out cacti is here, so things are a little noisy. They look so much better.

it feels like rain...that would br a very good thing. The temps in Minnesota look pretty nice for next week and no storms are predicted. 

I am ok ok but still not where I want to be...that should improve after my infusion.

Glad you had a good visit with Dh..Hope the caregiver gets figured out.

whe I went to use the restroom, a gentleman asked to see if his wife was in there because she has Alzheimer’s. She was at the sink but very disoriented so I helped her wash her hand s and got her to her husband. He was very grateful.

Claudia. Hope your day is going well.

enjoy the rest of if

Respected Contributor

We had a bit of snow overnight. This new storm will probably be south of us. Icicles were dripping onto the front porch and I've was forming so I sprinkled some left safe ice melt after clearing as much as I could.

Last night I noticed Pippen was not his usual self. He is the biggest one of Miss Boots kittens and is not fond of people. You'd think he was half feral like older brother Spot.I also noticed he wasn't eating. So this morning I managed to get him squeezed in at the vet's.

Now the minute the cats see a pet carrier they magically disappear. I knew if he got under the bed there's be no hope of getting him. I might get down on the floor but back up with 20 pounds of cat would be a different story. When I saw him laying in the hall I quickly closed all the doors but when I came upstairs from telling R where I was going helpful brother Fitz had managed to open the bathroom door and Pippen was under the clawfoot tub. Near 100 year old house some doors don't stay shut. In desperation I turned on the water, Pip dashed out from under the tub heading for the bedroom door which stayed shut and I was able to get him in the carrier. Whew. Not sure what's wrong with him but the vet is keeping him for observation. i wonder if he has a uti. 

If it's not R heading to the er on the weekend it's one of the cats or dogs.

I'm glad you're feeling better, Barbara and hope the infusion helps.  That poor lady. It's good you were able to help.

How odd that the caregiver hadn't been told she was taking over, Linda. You do well at getting your DH to eat.

Both dogs are napping. I may go to bed early tonight. I kept waking up last night worrying about Pip. Nothing I could do late at night but that never stops me from worrying.