Respected Contributor

Re: REFOrMED S HopAHOLICS. Last week of 2016

Good morning...Sydnie has a friend over so she is busy.i am happy that she has friends to play with. 

I made a de what I hope is my last grocery run here.,it is pretty mild out..about 31 v is looking forward to returning to warmer temps. 

Linda..maybe falling contributed to the extra confusion.,I find it hard to believe that you are not notified when things happen. I hope he was better yesterday. 

Claudia..hope your day is good. You should post a pic of all your dogs on FB.

pepper gets groomed tomorrow...she really needs it. 

Nothing to report..have a good day.

Respected Contributor

It's in the 20's here with sprinkles of snow. I bet V can't wait to get back to AZ.

Tomorrow we take the Impala in for oil change/tire rotation. I just noticed the inspection is due so hopefully they can do that too. on the way home we'll pick up the milk and dog food.

Somewhere R has a picture of all 3 dogs at the gate.

I'll need to schedule the dogs for grooming in mid January. I ordered 2 Lands End waterguard doormats. one small, one larger. TT kept slipping on the floor when getting up. The smaller is by the door. The larger is in front of the tv armoire. Those are the 2 places he likes to lay. I wanted something heavy enough it wouldn't scrunch up and Griff wouldn't drag it off. So far it seems to be helping. initially TT wouldn't lay on either one. Now he sees it helps him. I ordered one of the days they had 50% off everything.

Linda, I hope you are having a good day

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Fortunately, DH was better yesterday afternoon and this morning.  No bruises that I could find, and he is back to walking.  Also, not talking so much and making more sense.

I think that the one caregiver was trying to tell me that he fell, but her English is very bad.  For example, she calls him "she", and it took me quite a while to figure out that she meant, "he".  She does an excellent job, and is the most faithful caregiver there (works more hours, etc.)  I think I'll need to double-check with the head caregiver when she says things to me.

It has been a very busy day for me, and now I have a new cell phone to figure out.  Same brand, but there are some changes.

Need to get back to feed DH dinner.  Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I went to knitting after dropping Pepper off at the groomers. She looks much better...not so much a fluffy ball anymore. Knitting was fun, as usual..My shawl is almost done.

the Christmas decorations are all put away...I did not want m to do all,of that. Now I am in I some pain...Arghh.

we are checked in for our flight..v is looking forward to getting back to warmer weather.mit could be pretty cold here next week.

Linda..glad dh was better yesterday. I know a little Spanish but not enough to make much sense...lol.

ClaudiA. Hope your day is going well..

Have a good evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Nice of you to take down all those decorations, Barbara.  DD said that DGD did most of that for her.  I'm not looking forward to the job -- takes longer than I expect, etc.  Probably will do that on Saturday or Monday.  Glad you and V will be back in the warmer temperatures soon.  It is cloudy today, and we even had some sprinkles.  But, it should reach the upper 60's, and it was not too cold last night.  Sunday is expected to be cooler with rain, but still not all that cool.

Hope your day is going okay, Claudia.

I saw the director at DH's facility this morning and asked him to make sure that the higher level caregiver told me about falls since I have the language problem with the lower level caregiver.  I'm sure if it was the "regular" upper level person, she would have done so, but.....

The handyman was scheduled to come between 8 and 9:00 a.m., and I called when he didn't show up by 9:15.  He forgot all about the appointment, so I'm glad I called.  He didn't come until an hour or so later, and then had to go to the store to pick up some supplies.  I was concerned that I would be too late to feed DH lunch, but it was not a problem.

It cost more than I expected, but I guess it could have been worse.  The shower head I had ordered from Amazon was cracked, but he figured a way to use the one I had.  After I fed DH, I went down to ship the shower head back to Amazon.  (I really like the free shipping that I get with Prime.)  

And, I also went down to the Post Office to mail off my Passport renewal.  It wasn't due until May, but I wanted to get it in early since they said that 2017 would be an unusually busy year.  

While I was waiting for the handyman, I called Verizon.  Now I have more data for $6.00 less a month -- no contract, etc.  That was a happy turn of events.

I had planned to go to the gym this morning, but I will be doing so now.

Hope you have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Barbara, I hope you and V had a good flight back to warmer weather. Good of you to pack up the decorations.

Linda, I am happy to hear DH is doing better. it's a good thing you reminded the handyman when he didn't show and he was able to get the showerhead to work. a shame the one you ordered was cracked.

I woke to the sound of the snowblower. We left before 9 to drive 30 miles to the Chevy dealership for inspection, oil change and tire rotation then had lunch at a nearby diner. on the way home we picked up dog food and milk then alterations at the dry  cleaners. 

I thought I might need to take R to the Dr as he complained of chest pain. I discovered though he had been wearing shape wear for men similar to the Spanx cam is for 2 days. once we got that off he felt much better. With a large hiatal hernia he should not be wearing something like that for more than an hour or so. Smh. He wanted to look thinner.

I found a message on the phone from the vintage and primitive antique shop so went to look at the painted  dresser/chest and brought it home. I have it by my chair.

Hope everyone has a good evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Hope you are back in the warm again, Barbara.  

Glad you were able to get that painted chest, Claudia.  I imagine it is lovely.  That is really something about R and the thing he was wearing to look thinner.  Good that taking it off helped him feel better.

They had a harpist playing at DH's facility New Year's party, and she was very good.  And, she told us a bit about the harp and playing it.  DH was doing well, and I fed him lunch before going to pick up a few groceries.  Talked to DD who had a migraine, but was busy getting ready for youngest DGS' birthday party.  Hope the headache went away before the party.  DGS sounded very happy.

One of my neighbors invited me to dinner on Sunday, and I'm looking forward to attending.  

When I went back, DH was doing quite well.  Hope that continues tomorrow.

I have started taking down some of the Christmas decorations, but I know this will take time.

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good morning...it is good to be back in warmer weather. It was 73 here when we landed and I was removing layers as we walked through the airport. Lol. We had a good flight..had a couple of big bumps during the flight but that happens.

i hope some of the achiness will go away, now that I am in warmer weather.

We are staying in tonight...I will make meatballs and cheese and crackers...big celebration...not.

Claudia..yikes to what r was wearing. Good you figured that out. I am glad you got your painted chest. M said Pepper got into the pretzels and ranch she was eating. 

Linda...how nice to be invited out to dinner. I am happy that dh is doing well. Hope dds migraine went away. M has intractable migraines....and sees a neurologist periodically. I have very few decorations to put away, That will be done today.

Happy New Year's Eve.🎉🎉🎉

Respected Contributor

I hope DGS has a great birthday. They grow up so quickly, Linda.

Barbara, I hope the warmer weather helps. That Pepper. Always looking for something to get into.

Another cold day here. R asked if I wanted to go to a NYE party and kiss a lot of people !? Uh no I don't think so. I told him I'd rather stay home with him, share a pizza and have a glass of spiced peach wine. so we'll see. Actually I'd rather have a quiet evening and go to bed about 10 pm.

Esteemed Contributor

Glad you are back in the warmer weather, Barbara, and I hope it helps your aches  It isn't very pretty here today -- cool and cloudy with some wind.  And more rain expected tonight and tomorrow.  At least it isn't freezing or anything.

I would much rather stay home even if I had a choice, Claudia.  Hope R goes with your plan.

I didn't sleep well last night -- had a headache, etc.  I'm doing better today, but not as lively as normal.  Several people were visiting their relatives at DH's facility today, including Larry's wife.  She could not find him, and it turned out that he was in another ladies' room, and apparently made quite a mess in her bathroom.  I think Larry requires much more than average attention.  

Fortunately, DH was fine.  He did have some eye issues, but he was able to keep his eyes open after I used his drops.  And, he was able to walk around quite a few times.

Back home to have my lunch and get back to de-decorating now.

Hope both of you have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda