Respected Contributor

REFOrMED S HopAHOLICS. Last week of 2016

Good morning..the winds are really howling..gusts up to 50 mph. I think it might be icy out because we had freezing rain yesterday. I do not have to go out until tomorrow.

Sydnie had a bountiful Christmas. I had to order a different controller before she can play her games but she is fine with that. The turkey was yummy.

Linda, sorry that dh was having such a hard time yesterday. It was good that you could settle him down .. Hope he is better today. Your luncheon sounded lovely. Good that you could skype with your dgs...

Claudia..yikes about leaving the car running.. Ours ding a lot when the door is opened and it is running. I am glad that you got to talk to Adam and your grandsons. 

Have ve a good day. We are looking forward to getting out of the cold.

Honored Contributor

Re: REFOrMED S HopAHOLICS. Last week of 2016

December 26,

Image result for day after christmas images

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Icy weather is not my thing for sure, Barbara. Glad you don't need to go out until tomorrow, and Syd had such a good Christmas and does not mind waiting for the controller.  I saw pictures of my great nephew (two years old next month) on FB, and it looks like he had a very bountiful Christmas as well.  My SIL looked very happy, and I'm so glad she has a grandchild now.  

DD and I used "Google hangouts" rather than Skype this time.  It worked pretty well, but I prefer using the computer to the phone.  I think you can use it with the computer, but it is more difficult.  

Hope you are doing well today, Claudia.  

Funny graphic, meallen.

DD and family gave me a Q gift card (electronic), so I'll look to see if there are any "want" items that are on sale.  I was hoping for a new robe, but the one I particularly like is not available in my size.  Not that it is really needed, but my robes (I have two -- red and blue) are pretty old.  

Took a long walk this morning, and now I need to get ready to visit DH.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. It was pretty cool on my walk (in the 30's), but I was wrapped up, and it was sunny.

Respected Contributor

Barbara, I hope tomorrow's weather is better. Sydnie is such a good kid.

Our vehicle dings too but R didn't notice it.

Weather is 50's today. I had hoped to start a massive yard cleanup but it has drizzled all day. Maybe tomorrow I can start.

I have country style ribs in the crock pot. It just dawned on me I used the recipe for cube steak. Oh well. Hope it turns out okay.

Linda, my grandmother would get agitated like DH was. It's all a part of the disease. It comes and goes. I hope he's better today. How nice you were able to see DD and family even if Skype didn't cooperate.

Respected Contributor

I just noticed the title for this thread...Pepper was sitting on my lap helping me. Syd is not paying attention when she brings her in so she has had some solo walks.thankgoodnes she stays on the sidewalk because I think she thinks she is on a walk. 

V is helping me clean and he pulled out peppers kennel  only yo discover a very dead mouse. I need to have a conversation with my cleaning lady whousuallydoes a good job but has her moments when she does not dos great job.

Forgot to mention tha tigon the hambone from Amie so made split pea soup last week.

Clauda good luck on the dog clean up...we only have one small dog...I can only imagine.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning!  Did Syd like the pea soup, Barbara?  I don't think I would have liked it as a kid, but my tastes have changed.  I used to be a fairly picky eater, but not so much any more.  Sorry about that dead mouse -- yuck!  

Hope you are doing okay today, Claudia.  We had cooler than normal weather on Christmas and yesterday, but it should be warmer today.  

Need to get ready to go to the senior lunch program soon.  After that, I'll go to the gym and visit DH.

He was even worse yesterday than on Christmas.  He had to be in the wheelchair (could not walk), and was talking and talking without making sense.  And, he kept his eyes shut during dinner, which made feeding him very difficult to say the least.  The caregiver put drops in his eyes, but it did not seem to help.

Hopefully, he will be better this afternoon.  

Have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Linda, I'm so sorry your DH isn't doing well. I think quite often after having the stimulation of family members not often seen there are problems like this. R's great aunt would talk without making sense and mother briefly had a roommate that kept her eyes closed all the time. I hope he has a better day today.

The yard cleanup is done and I am exhausted. The day started out warmer than expected but the temperature has been dropping. At least all the ice was melted.

Dead mouse- shudder. Not what you want to find.

Respected Contributor

This has been a busier than usual day.,I had to see my rheumatologist so I took Syd along. He is in a southern suburb so is a bit is a drive.,we went lunch at a bagel place...they have good soup and Syd loves bagels. Then off to target for prescription refills and I was able to get the few groceries I need.  She was such a big help I bringing in a couple of cases of water. 

Nothing else today, thank goodness.

Libda, sorry about dh..I think Claudia has a point..anything outside of the ordinary routine can. Create unbalance. When my mom was in assisted living, I saw that in some of the residents when sub caregivers where there. I hope he is better today.

((((((hugs))))

Claudia as I said, I could only imagine the clean up. I am guessing that Pepper got the mouse. M had found droppings but could not find the mouse.

Hope the rest of your day is good.

Esteemed Contributor

Glad it was warmer this morning at least, Claudia.  I always feel cheated if it gets cooler during the day (except in summer, of course.)   Glad you got the yard work done.

The hospice nurse called me while I was working -- she was with DH since they told her that he fell yesterday.  Weird that they did not tell me, but maybe the caregiver with the strong Spanish accent was trying to tell me.  Anyway, she said she did not find any bruising, and he was not in pain.  He did walk a little with her, so maybe he is better.  I'm still going to the gym and visit him later.  She pointed out that he seems to have a bad day on Monday (true for the last three weeks for sure).  I think the family visit may have contributed to it as well, but.....

Respected Contributor

I agree the change in caregivers plus family visit may have contributed to it. even so the family visit was so worth it for the enjoyment it gave him. so many ups and downs with this disease. I hope he was better this afternoon,  Linda.

R is heading off to bowling soon. I hope to get bills paid and put away some laundry.