Respected Contributor

REFORMEd SHOPAHOLiCS. Week of October 30

I must be more tired than I realize...did not wake up until almost 8. No church today..will start next week. We need to make a Target run to gets prescriptions and some odds and ends. It remains pretty arm here.

Linda..I could not walk as far as you did yesterday..I ordered a foot sock like support to see is that will help. When it cools a bit I am going to star walking if my foot can take it. 

How owe nice dh had such a good day and was so with it.  Dementia ebbs and flows for sure. You sound much more relaxed now.

Claudia..glad you had a good birthday. I was really confused on the days.  Yikes.

i am going to see if this posts.

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMEd SHOPAHOLiCS. Week of October 30c

Complete with out of place words it did post.  My iPad has a mind of its own..lol

i hope you both have a nice day.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMEd SHOPAHOLiCS. Week of October 30

I'm sure you needed the rest, Barbara.  I thought of you at church when the choir director said it was so nice to have some of the "snowbirds" back and singing.  Hope that sock helps with your walking.  I'm still having some heel pain (right foot), but not too bad.  They are saying it will be cooler tomorrow and the rest of the week.  Not exactly cold, but cooler.  I'm ready for a bit cooler -- after all, it is practically November.

Yes, I'm pretty happy about how DH is doing.  He was able to push his chair out from the table yesterday evening and at lunch today.  That is big progress.  He was really unhappy when people had to push his chair back.

Called his DD -- at work, but no patients, and she told me her MIL is having hip replacement surgery tomorrow.  She has only been having problems the last six months or so -- pretty fast.  I'm starting to think that it is fairly normal to have hip and/or knee surgeries when you get older.  But, I sure don't like the idea.  Better than the old days when there was nothing they could do to help.

I need to pick up a few groceries later today.  Not exactly exciting stuff -- milk and some produce.

That restaurant sounded interesting, Claudia.  I used to get a free birthday meal at a barbecue restaurant in Maryland, but no perks here so far.  Of course, I don't go to restaurants often.  I'll be going to lunch with my caregivers group this Thursday.

Hope all is going well with you and your menagerie, as well as R. 

Also hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

We had thunder and lightning and heavy downpours this morning. It cleared up in the afternoon. I put the books and various items that I took out of the bookcase when I moved it beside the mantel back. Found some more books to donate. I decided to keep only one set of wooden Scottie bookends. The other set and another set can go to auction along with some of my jadeite collection.

Barbara, someone posted Happy Birthday 2 days early and others jumped in. It/ was only 2 days early. I hope the sock helps you. It was probably good you slept in after your travels.

R had his muzzleloader shoot today. He was thinking of staying over and turkey hunting tomorrow but was tired and came home. Now I need to decide what to have for dinner.

Linda, that is great that DH was able to push his chair back.

Respected Contributor

Good morning..I saw a couple  of my friends this morning. It was nice to catch up.

v took the car in for regular maintenance. I have some laundry to do..otherwise nothing exciting. 

Linda..that is great about dh being able to push his chair back. I think you have a Halloween party at his place this afternoon. 

Claudia..thin I posted twice on incorrect days for your birthday...lol. 

My my little ones are very excited about going trick or treating tonight. Sydnie always gets enough candy to last her until summer. 

Enjoy ot your day.

Respected Contributor

It's so nice to catch up with friends, Barbara. I know I'm looking forward to Thursday's breakfast.

R has been sacked out in the recliner most of today. Yesterday's shoot really tired him even though he skipped the woods walk. I made a trip to the post office to return the wk t-neck swing sweater in navy. After I had it on I noticed there was an area at the bottom that had started to unravel.

We will not have our light on for trick or treaters tonight. Griff would have fits and really once it's dark my mind tries to tell me it's bedtime.

While out I stopped into our mall (that has a lack of stores) and had my hair trimmed. I kept meaning to get around to it but something always came up. Finally it's done.

Linda, hope you enjoy the parties.

Respected Contributor

Poor m just called ..her big boss has taken away all work at home privileges I. Two weeks. That means Syd may not dance and she could be home alone until 6 or later. He wants everyone to work 9 to 5... No leaving early because of bad weather. If you come in late, you are expected to work 8 hours.

Yikes, says me...he surely does not know how to keep employees happy. She will look for someone to drive her but that could be easier said than done.

i could give him some lessons on keeping your people happy.😡😡

Esteemed Contributor

So sorry about M's new work rules, Barbara.  That boss certainly  needs some lessons on how to keep employees happy.  That just seems mean to me, but perhaps there are some who have abused the privilege or something.  Yuck. Glad you were able to get together with your friends.  

Sorry R is so worn out, Claudia.  I just realized that I won't be here in case any trick-or-treaters come.  Guess I better not turn on my Halloween lights.  My dogs really had a hard time with the doorbell ringing, etc.  Not an easy night.  Glad you were able to have your hair done.  I really need to have mine done, maybe later this week.

It has been a busy day.  The hospice nurse called this morning to tell me DH was okay despite his fall yesterday.  I didn't know anything about a fall, and I visited him twice.  To make a long story short, the caregiver called DH's DD's home number rather than mine.  His DD was working yesterday, and did not play back her phone messages when she got home.  

The fall happened after I fed him lunch, but no one mentioned anything when I came back to feed him dinner.  

I talked to the caregiver, and pointed out her mistake in calling.  She said that Larry was wandering around and for some reason several of the other residents (including DH) were doing the same.  They really had their hands full.  She was sorry she called the wrong number.

After the nurse called, the director called to tell me DH's flu shot had been rescheduled for this afternoon, and I told him about the fall (this was before I knew they had called me).  I saw him when I visited, and told him what happened (calling the wrong number, etc.)  

I made an apple pie yesterday evening, and took it in today.  They had it for lunch with ice cream, of course.  LOL   The podiatrist came, and i had her look at DH's feet.  She trimmed his nails.  She doesn't take insurance, but it is only $35 a visit.  I'll probably have her look at his feet every few months -- she seems nice.

I went back at 2:00 and went to the party with him.  It was nice -- lots of food and decorations.  Some of the residents are pretty confused, but most are nice enough.  And, I was able to help out with a couple of them (little things.)

When I took DH back to his house, I discovered a new caregiver was taking his wipes to use on a different resident.  I caught him in the act, and he apologized, but really.....  Hospice knows this sort of thing goes on, and they limit the number of wipes.  

DH's DD very kindly offered to pay for a birthday trip for me.  I was really touched by the offer.  I have found an overpriced by interesting two-day trip to Prescott, AZ (Victorian Christmas celebration, etc.) that might fit the bill, but I haven't decided to go or not yet.  I don't want to accept her money, but she seems to want to do it.  DD says yes, go for it.

By the way, oldest DGS already received the TSV sheets from Saturday -- wow!  And, it turns out that Army DGS has been squinting, etc. to pass vision tests.  So, DD will take him to the eye doctor before he takes the driving vision test.  

Need to get ready for the Halloween potluck now.  

Hope both of you sleep well!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

The Halloween potluck was fun, and I brought more than enough crackers and cheese.  I left some of the cheese and crackers for the host.  And, I'll take more crackers to DH's facility this afternoon.

Work went fine today, and I'm headed to the gym shortly.  DH was doing well yesterday, so I hope that continues.  

Hope both of you are doing well and having a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. This Bank of Mom needs to cover Army DGS' dental work.  Not a huge amount, but DD just received the bill yesterday and it is due Friday.  So, I feed I need to help.  How is your Bank of Mom doing, Claudia?

Respected Contributor

Just put funds in Adam's bank for the first set of student loans.

Busy day here. When I got up it was dark and I saw a kitten near the foot of the bed. Figured it was little Merry but when I reached down to pat it Merry seemed smaller and had a fluffy tail- not Merry. I turned on the light and it was a small kitten. R said he let the dogs out at 4 and they started barking. He called them in and small kitten ran in too. The only thing he could think to do was to put it upstairs. It was quite thin so I went out for kitten food after putting it in the spare room. Just a bit ago the door bell rang and it was 3 little boys and their dad looking for their kitten that didn't see well. They lived a block away. The description fit so I brought him down and the boys started jumping up and down. Seems the person they gave it to didn't take care of it so they took him back but he escaped last night when a little girl left the door open. Good boy Griff was guarding the kitten in the yard from TT and Bo not realizing they were only curious as to what was in their yard.