Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMEd SHOPAHOLICs week of April 14

Tip is limping off and on. The problem is she's an active puppy. She rests, feels better, then overdoes it. I called the vet and she's scheduled in for Thursday morning. I can also give her half an aspirin.

After R's stop at the VA we drove down the avenue which is now open. Two big trees were still in the process of being cut up. The one side street that got hit the worst is still a mess. As we went past my former house It looked as if the back of the garage was gone. My thought was the old apple tree hit it but I didn't get a good enough look. All the houses on the 1 block street appeared undamaged.

It sounds like a real mess for your sil, Linda. I'd be cautious about covering the 1st month rent and security deposit in full. Maybe offer partial help if you want. Checking eligibility for senior housing and low income is a good idea. I think  it's something she really needs to follow through on.

The Greek restaurant is finally reopened. A former coworker and her husband posted they were eating there tonight. They remodeled besides repairing the smoke damage so it took longer. If I'd known they were open we would have gone there for supper. Darn it.

I hope today is a better day for you, Barbara.

R is set up for the weight loss program. He thought all he had to do was go up there at the listed time. Actually he was to call so they'd be expecting him for the teleconference. It's straightened out now.

I didn't get a lot done today. It has been a low energy day. I hope everyone sleeps well.

Respected Contributor

Good evening...the day slipped away from me. I had a wonderful visit with my friend and her Dh...he said he is feeling. The chemo is helping with the bone pain. They are such a beautiful couple. 

I think it is is going to rain at any moment.

Linda..I agree with Claudia..you need to draw a line with your sil.  I would hope her children could help. Out..I know I would have taken care of my mom along with my brothers. 

Respected Contributor

Part 2.. my cursor got stuck.

yu have been more than generous with your dd and in my opinion, you need to make sure you are more than comfortable.

Claudia..that storm must have done a lot of damage...Pepper is being a nuisance...think she needs us home to provide some discipline.

Sleep tight 🎈🎈

Respected Contributor

Another not good day....so I have been taking it easy. Had my massage this morning..then stopped by kohl’s..I had a 30 % off coupon.8 I found a cute dres for Syd in a XX..it is a maxi that will look adorable on her.

v was going to take me out for dinner but we will do take out instead because sitting in a restaurant booth would not be comfy.

hope your day has been good.

🥰🥰

Esteemed Contributor

Very sorry you aren't feeling well, Barbara.  Glad you were able to find a cute dress for Syd at a good discount.

Hope things went okay for you and yours today, Claudia.  Glad the Greek restaurant is open again.  

As you may have read on the other thread, my SIL may have found a good solution for her housing issue.  Of course, there are many "if's" involved. But, her "boyfriend" will be paying for her first months rent, security deposit and move.  Since the possible option is furnished, she will not need to get any furniture, but will put things in storage.

I also talked about my visit to the senior apartment for lunch today on the other thread.  I'm glad they are available and seem quite nice, but I don't plan to move there until things just get too difficult here.  Unless there are huge house expenses (needing lots of repairs, furnace replacement, etc.) it would cost quite a bit more for me to live there.  I would probably have to be much less generous to DD, etc.  

It is cooler here today, but supposed to be quite hot tomorrow and Friday.  The predicted rain did not happen.

Hope you feel better, Barbara, and both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Barbara, I'm sorry about the not so good day. Those days are difficult and not just physically. I'm sure Syd will look adorable in the dress.

We had breakfast at the reopened restaurant this morning and had planned to go back for supper but R did not feel well after the senior bowling luncheon. I didn't feel that good myself. The food was not great at the senior center. R ate all of his but I only ate a small portion. I told him next year he should skip it.

It sounds more positive for your sil, Linda.  Hopefully things will work out for her job.  It's good the "boyfriend" is stepping up to pay some of her expenses.

Some of the senior apartments are very nice but they can be pricey. On the other hand you have no house maintenance worries and socializing is easier. I like my independence though.

We take Tip to her vet appointment tomorrow morning.

2 of the county commissioners are sponsoring a volunteer cleanup  of the tornado damage. It's amazing no one was injured. On the 4 lane a tanker truck was pierced by a 4' piece of metal. The driver didn't know until his next stop 7 miles down the road. Fortunately that 4' sliver didn't hit the truck can or a car. Responders went to get equipment to clean up the gas leak at the county warehouse only to find the wind had bowed the doors besides taking part of the roof. They had to get another rescue vehicle to pull one of the doors off its hinges. I heard the wreckage from the lumber company was piled 10' high on the 4 lane.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..it is warmer today, but no need for ac yet. I feel better so am in the process of cleaning the oven. It is not self cleaning so is a pain..lol.

i sing tonight and tomorrow night and 2 services on Sunday. I love the Holy Week services.

Linda..that is good news about your sil..Less for you to pay. Enjoy your meeting today.

Claudia...that tornado sounded pretty destructive.  You are fortunate that you had no damage. Hope the vet can figure out why Tip is limping 

Enjoy your day.🥰🎈

Respected Contributor

I'm glad you're feeling better, Barbara. Oven cleaning is a thankless task.

The vet doesn't think it's any thing serious with Tip. It's just that she's growing. She's now 47 pounds. She prescribed a small dose of pain medication for the weekend. Then we'll see how she does without it. I asked when to switch her to adult food. Since she's on large breed puppy food she can stay on that for 12 months or a bit longer. If she was not on large breed she recommends switching her to adult food at 6 months.

Adam called a bit ago. Family court hearing is scheduled for next week. Whitney has come up with all kinds of wild accusations. I'm speechless at some of them. She overlooks that Adam or sil's mother were there 95% of the time if not more. The boys are the real victims in this mess.

I saw on fb that one of my former partners has had lots of knee and foot pain the last few weeks. So bad that he is mostly in bed and using a walker. He, his wife, daughter, and sil have been renovating a former industrial building into living quarters. I wonder if living with a concrete floor is part of it. I know when I'm on concrete or blacktop any length of time it drastically affects me.

Linda, I hope your meeting went well today.

Last month the electric offered customers a free estimate on tree trimming or removal from contractors. I suggested to R that we take them up on it. The past 10 years the tree out front has deteriorated and I think at the least it needs trimmed and branches around the wires removed.

Esteemed Contributor

Glad you are feeling better today, Barbara.  Not a self-cleaning oven -- yikes!  I haven't had one of those for years.  But, I usually buy a new oven when I move into a house.  Not sure the one they had here was self-cleaning. But, I had the oven and stove top replaced with a regular oven.  While I still prefer a gas range, it would be difficult to have one here due to the placement of the gas line. 

It is warm here, but not bad.  Tomorrow is supposed to be very hot.  Hope your singing goes well -- lots of services for you.

Very glad your house did not have any damage from the tornado, Claudia.  Hope things are okay there today.

Things went fine at the gym, and the meeting was good.  We had a couple of new ladies who also came for coffee afterwards.  Both of their husbands have Parkinson's Disease, and what a mess.  The guy in our group (we had more, but are down to one) said that his wife has turned into a "rage-aholic.  He is seriously thinking about getting a divorce, but everything is complicated due to lack of money, etc.  And, his car was totalled after he hit a deer on the highway.  He did not have insurance to cover it, so is down to a golf cart.  Wow!  One lady who came said that her husband passed away not long ago -- she is a nurse, and her description was so graphic one of the ladies had to leave the room.  At one point she had said that she was so angry at her husband that she would not grieve him, but found that wasn't true.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

It is very warm..out will be close to 100 today. I have the ac on. V is running errands for me..it is a very achy day..  it is like my body has a giant toothache. I was coming to the pool but it is too hot to sit in the sun. And I have to sing tonight.

Linda..hope you get your papers from the broker. Enjoy your lunch.

Claudia..how is tips paws? I am not surprised at what whit may have purported about her ex. 

Enjoy your day.💖💖