Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMEd SHOPAHOLICs. Week of September 6

Well, that is weird -- I could not post using Chrome.  Sorry you are so worn out from the RA, Barbara.  That is certainly a difficult disease.  Hope Syd's first day was as fun as she hoped.

Glad R agreed to have someone else do the door, Claudia.  Interesting that he gave in quickly -- definite sign that he is in pain.  Good luck with the cat tomorrow and R's appointment.

Our walk this morning was fine as was the senior lunch program.  Long story, but it was more work than normal, but a nice lady helped us with some chopping. 

Our neighbor/builder came around 7:00, and he was a busy bee.  His wife helped him hold up cabinets, etc.  And, I am already putting some things back in some of the cabinets.  I need to make some changes since these are different sizes/shapes than the old ones (at least most of them are different.) 

We went to the storage room, and I paid for a year more of the room -- you get 13 months if you pay for 12.  I really hope to be able to take much of the stuff out, and not renew next year, but we'll see how that goes.  I know some of the stuff can easily be donated, but not all of it.  The house is very small, so I'll need to get rid of quite a few things to make this happen.  Another possibility is moving to a smaller storage room.

I dropped off some towels and dishes at the animal welfare place (they have a store as well as the animals waiting for adoption).  I think the towels are good enough for humans, but if not they can use them for the dogs and cats. 

We went to the gym, and while I was doing my usual sweating on the elliptical machine, DH was on his usual rowing machine.  This man came up and told me DH was asleep, but he wasn't.  Not very lively, but not asleep.  Yikes.

I finally mentioned that we were going to the luncheon tomorrow, and he asked me what the place was like, and if I would be with him.  When I said yes for tomorrow, but not in the future, he seemed to be thinking about it.  But, the funny thing is that when I said that several of the men who attended had memory loss, he said that he did not have it.  Not exactly funny, but.... Anyway, I tried to gently point out some of his issues, and he agreed.

DD has had a horrible time with my SIL.  The were seeing the psychiatrist and having that therapy (not sure what it is, exactly) this afternoon.  He is not sleeping at all, and she is scared he will do something to himself.  He will have treatment every day this week, and she hopes that he will improve.  Very difficult for her, to say the least.

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Claudia..glad the surgery is scheduled. Good idea to check on the meds..I did not have to take antibiotics but had to off a number of my ra meds. Glad the door will be installed.

linda...I do not think most memory loss patients recognize that they have it. That is a worry about sil. Is this a new psychiatrist ???! What a worry for your dd. I have been there with m...I hope the psychiatrist knows what he is doing.

(((((hugs)))) to both of you.,

sleep well.

Respected Contributor

Good morning. It is cool...only 62 and rain is expected anytime. I need to go to Costco and will do that later. 

Syd yd had a very good first day of school. She is a very enthusiastic about school. She starts gymnastics tonight and dance tomorrow.

i am in the process in changing my closet out. I get wrinkles out of stored clothing by doing the freshen up cycle on the dryer. V offered to help yesterday and did not understand what I told him to so just used air with no heat..lol.

i will check back later.

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMEd SHOPAHOLICs. Week of September 6b

Linda, I hope the day care visit goes well today. You need a break. (((((Hugs))))

Respected Contributor

Linda, I will be keeping your DD and family in my thoughts. It is such a difficult situation to deal with.

Maybe aim for a smaller storage room next year. Then see after that.

Oops must pick Spot up as they say he's frantic. Back later.

Respected Contributor

Back with a panic stricken kitten. Not a peep out of him going up and back but he shook all the way home. Besides neutered he got his shots so he's set in that respect.

Linda, I hope the daycare visit went well. It may take several visits before DH is comfortable. It was 90+ here but the rain took the temperature down to 73. For now it's much more comfortable.

How nice that Sydnie enjoyed her first day of school, Barbara. I hope you're feeling better.

I'd better post this before I get sidetracked again. I like the sneak peek of the t-neck wk swing sweater.

Esteemed Contributor

Happy that Syd was so enthused with school, Barbara.  I think I was that way until graduate school when I was really, really ready to finish.  LOL   Of course, some years I was very nervous, but mostly I loved going back to school in the Fall..

Glad you have Spot home, Claudia.  Hope all goes well with R's appointments.

The adult day care orientation went pretty well.  They played bingo, which DH didn't ever play, and could not really do since he really doesn't read any longer.  But, he seemed to enjoy watching others when I played his card.  I will need to send him with his glasses when/if he ends up going there.  We had a very nice lunch, and a lady came to play the piano and flute, and we did a sing-along.

I talked to the director at the end, and then came a potential hitch.  They need a form filled out by his doctor as well as a TB test, etc. before he can come.  On the odd chance his doctor would be there, I stopped by the office.  He is gone, and no one can help with anything.  So, I went to the new doctor's office, and they will see if they can see him before our scheduled visit in a month.  I hope we don't have to wait that long since DH will probably forget all about it by then.  He seemed pretty agreeable about going there, but I think he thought that I would be coming with him.  Still, it may work when it comes to pass.

DD said my SIL did much better last night, and she finally got some much-needed rest.  He is seeing the same psychiatrist, but they were doing some new therapy on him (lights, etc.), and somehow it brought up old, traumatic memories.  Apparently, his Mom left him alone quite a bit when he was young (I think she went back to Mexico, and left him to fend for himself) in addition to other traumatic events like motorcycle accidents, his Dad dying at Christmas time, Mom hit by a car, etc.  I guess this was not unexpected, but rough to be sure.  

I think our neighbor/builder is out buying things to finish off the cabinets, and I guess he isn't coming back today.  We had breakfast out this morning, and I guess we will need to go out to dinner this evening, etc.  Quite a mess around here, but I'm sure it will be nice when finished.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda 

Respected Contributor

Fingers crossed the new doctor can see him, Linda. I thought you might need to accompany DH a couple times, Linda then gradually leave him there.

Such a shame about your sil. I'm glad DD can get some rest finally. Just think how much you'll enjoy the new kitchen. Still waiting for Lowe's call. They have 48 hrs to schedule coming to the house to check the door frame and see if anything else is required.

R is sleeping in the chair after being up all night.

Respected Contributor

Claudia...glad you got home with the kitten safe although traumatized..v will stay up until pretty late and then gets up at 7!or so and will take long naps in late afternoon if he has nothing to do.

linda..suds like the visit turned out okay. Unfortunately, he probably won't remember it but hope it works out. I agree with claudia,that you will have to stay with him for a bit at the beginning.,glad the kitchen remodel is going well. M never throws anything away soi always end up clearing out cabinets etc. 

my my hips and knee continue to bother me. I see my rheumatologist tomorrow so will have him check me out.

sleep well. Syd has gymnastics in a bit.

Respected Contributor

Busy morning.. I had to see my rheumatologist whose office is a minimum 30 minute drive...he ran later than usual then I had prescriptions to drop off I am home for a bit .,I will be off to a haircut in a little while.

syd has dance tonight and I am going to hear, what if any nasty things are said.  M has class tonight. Lol...her group is very much like dance moms.

it is beautiful here...a perfect pre fall day. This is my favorite time of year.

i will be back later.