Respected Contributor

REFORMEd SHOPAHOLICS. Week of February 8

I decided to start a new thread fr the week.  All of my company is gone...I had a very good time with my brothers and sils.  They are good people.

now I have to get ready for Amie and the girls.  It is going to be nice and warm, so we will be at the pool every day. Unfortunately, children's hours are limited but we will make the best of it. I hope to go over after choir practice today.

i put out warm weather clothes and have stored a lot of my winter things. I have another bag to donate. I think I am at the point where I have to bring very little back and forth.

i will check back later. Hope your day is going well.

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMEd SHOPAHOLICS. Week of February 8

It's great you don't need to take many clothes back and forth, Barbara. I hope your weather stays nice and warm for Amie's visit.

Griff went to the vet early this morning for neutering. We pick him up tomorrow morning. There was no additional snow overnight.

Getting ready this morning wasn't easy. I had to compete for the sink with 3 kittens who felt it was theirs.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Glad you had such a nice time with your company, Barbara.  Our weather is getting nice and warm as well.  I didn't even need a light jacket this afternoon.  

Good timing for A and DH's DD and DGD weather-wise.  I'm still trying to figure out how this will work (DH has trouble with so many things), but I am sure it will work out.  

I'm also starting to worry about caregiving when I go to Maryland this summer.  I'm pretty determined to take my trip, but I am just not sure if his DD will be able to step in while I am away.  I need to be away several days since the flights there and back take up a good part of two days. Trying not to worry too much, but I know she has a full schedule.

Glad you don't need to take too many clothes back and forth, Barbara.  There are times when I think I shouldn't have any warm clothes, but then we have a cold snap like last week, and I want more.  

Happy you were able to get Griff in and he could get his surgery done, Claudia.  DD's area had enough snow to close the schools, etc.  Hopefully, things will be better tomorrow.

I'm dragging a bit this afternoon -- too much running around, I guess.  The senior lunch program was pretty busy, but we got things done.  Someone came to deliver supplies from hospice -- glad I was home at the time.

Have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon. I spent the morning pampering my self...hair cut and pedicure. V and I are going shopping shortly to get groceries for Amie and her girls. He helped with cleaning while I was gone so I only had to mop and doing the bathrooms. 

It it is gorgeous here.. Want to go to the pool tomorrow afternoon. 

Linda, hope you recovered from yesterday. I am sure things will work out with dd caring for her dad. You need a big break and time to enjoy the grands and graduation celebrations. Will dgd get to go through a ceremony?????

Cllaudia, hope your day is going well.

enjoy

Esteemed Contributor

Our weather is wonderful as well, Barbara.  So much better than last week.  Enjoy the pool.

Hope the Griff pick-up went well, Claudia.  

Last night was pretty bad.  DH managed to urinate on his pants, socks, etc. twice after I brought him home.  He was at the toilet, but missed..... And, last night he was up several times, and then around 5:00 a.m. he tried to get back on my side of the bed -- on top of my legs.  I talked him through getting into his side of the bed, and he announced that he had to go to the bathroom.  Then, he got up several more times.  I don't know how he managed it, but there was water all over the floor and his shorts were soaked from the outside (not inside).  The caregiver came, and I think he was a little disoriented with her, but I took him to day services.  Hope that goes okay.  He seemed okay when I left him -- was able to pick out his breakfast snack (pineapple) and drink (lemonade).  

DH's DD said that now she needs to give four months notice before taking off, so it will need to be June or later.  We will look at her calendar when she comes, but DD gave me some hope.  She said that if it is too complicated, she and DGD can come to visit instead of me going there.  I don't think any of the boys can make it, but....  It will be miserably hot, but she said they would not mind, and we can do "girl things" like shop, go to the pool, and out to lunch.  Thank goodness I have an alternative just in case I just can't figure out a way to go to Maryland.

I don't think DGD will be going to a ceremony, Barbara.  Her diploma comes from PA rather than Maryland, and I don't think she knows any of the other students there.  I hate to miss oldest and youngest DGS' graduations, but I never thought that I could make it to both -- too complicated.

Interesting class today -- trip to India and Bhutan.  Hope to have a relaxed afternoon before picking up DH. 

Hope both of you have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Linda, I hope things work out so you can go to see dd. You could use the break without a doubt. Is there a respite care place dh could go to for that time??! On the other hand,Mitch would be fun to have dd and dgd visit. I do not know how you manage all,that you do. 

claudia, hope griff is doing well.

Respected Contributor

I'm in awe of all you do, Linda. I doubt I could handle it as well as you. I hope tonight is a better night for both of you.

We picked Griff up this morning. The weather was iffy starting out but improved once we reached NY state. Usually it's the opposite. Griff was very happy to be picked up. Washed our faces which he hasn't donesince he was 3-4 months. He did tackle TT later in the kitchen and Adam settled him down. I can't wait till the hormones are out of his system. I know it won't totally solve his resource guarding but it should help.

After R's bowling we stopped by the VA clinic. Finally they got R's emg results and are requesting an orthopedic consult. While there it started snowing heavily. The 10 mile drive home was slippery. I hope it's better tomorrow for the urology appointment 12 miles or so out of town.

It's good you took a day to pamper yourself, Barbara. Nice that V helped clean.

The kittens unrolled a roll of toilet paper during the night and pulled it down the hall. Arghh.

Respected Contributor

We played bridge this morning and then went to inn and out to quench my burger craving. I only ended up eating half of it...lol.

will head off to the pool in a little while...it is in the low 80s...much better than the near zero temps at home. Amie picked a good time to come.

Claudia...glad that griff got home safely. I am sure he will settle down. Also good that you finally got the results from rs emg.  Hope the extreme cold is not heading your way.

i am pretty well organized for my kiddos visit. They will be able to get some pool time in.

i will check back later

Respected Contributor

I think the extreme cold is here. Brr. We went to R's urology appointment this morning. The roads weren't the best. He goes back in 6 months as the psa was up. Due to the roads we decided to skip estate sales over the state border. I may need to shovel again.

Amazon e-mailed they received the kindle I sent in. When I ordered the appetite I discovered they had lowered the price by $20. I added the $20 credit plus the $26 buy back and ended up paying only $59 and change.

Amie certainly picked a good time to visit.

Linda,I hope your day is better than the other day.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry you have been dealing with cold and snowy/icy weather, Claudia.  Glad Griff is home.  I can just picture the kitten/toilet paper caper.  DD said it is quite cold there.  Here it is very warm and wonderful.  Sorry R's test results weren't the best and you couldn't stop at the estate sales.  Good news about the Kindle price.

Hi Barbara -- A's timing is great.  Hope they enjoy the pool.  I am thinking about respite care -- the hospice will pay for 5 nights, but I may want to take more than that.  And, I'm not thrilled about the place they use.

DH was better last night (thank goodness).  Need to pick him up now.

Hope both of you have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda