Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMEd SHOPAHOLICS. Week of February 8

Amie and the girls arrived safely. We are going to the pool in a bit. Will come home, shower and pack a lunch for the zoo. Our zoo is really nice. 

So so it will be a busy day...but fun.

Claudia, stay warm ..Sydnie got a video of pepper yesterday scooting backwards and squeaking. 

Linda, respite care sounds like the answer. I would hope dh would be well cared for.

enjoy your day.

Respected Contributor

Linda, I think dh's dd comes in soon. Enjoy the visit. Wonder what she will think of how her dad is.

Respected Contributor

It's nice you have a zoo close by. Enjoy the day, Barbara.

It's quite cold here and will be colder tomorrow. I went to get more dog food earlier. That outing was enough for me.

Linda, your company should be there soon if not already. I hope all goes smoothly and DH's daugter sees how much you do.

Last night the kittens found the roll of paper towels where I hid it and unrolled it down the hall.

I bet Sydnie loved the video.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Glad Amie and the girls arrived safely, Barbara.  Hope everyone has a fun time.  Bet Syd loved the video.

DH's DD and younger DGD are here, and things are going okay so far.  DH is a bit out of it, but I guess I'm glad she can see how things are here.

DD said it is very cold there as well, Claudia.  DGS needs to work all weekend, and I think DD will be driving him to work since his car needs to go in for heater repair, and now my SIL's truck is in the shop.  It is always something.

I was pretty busy today -- dropped off DH, took a walk, went to a recreation center and got the guest pass so DH's DD and DGD can go swimming, attended my gender studies class, then went to motor vehicles to get the handicapped hang tag for the car -- long wait, but it is good for five years (and I just had to show them the POA for DH so I could sign it).  I rushed home for a late lunch and to put together the pasta casserole for dinner, and went to pick up DH.  He was dancing when I arrived, so I danced with him briefly, and then we drove up to the airport.  It was very hot in the car, and I decided just to run the AC in the car while we waited in the cell phone area.  We stopped for gasoline (couldn't believe the low price), and then to pick up some food for breakfast, etc  We watched a video I got from the library after dinner, and then his DGD went to bed.  His DD wanted to leave the hall light on as a nightlight, but I just can't take bright lights like that, and I can't close the bedroom door in case DH wants to get up.  Hope there is no problem.   

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good morning.  We are off to the pool shortly...the girls really love the pool. We have a dinner show tonight..hope they enjoy it. We did the zoo yesterday...I got a cart so it was pretty easy for me. Lol.  Tomorrow they want to go to the Renaissance festival...that could be interesting. Hope I survive. 

Linda, enjoy you visitors.,I hope your dil realizes all that you do for dh. You can get nice night lights at bath and body.,I have a stash here for the bathrooms and hallway. 

Claudia, hope you are staying warm.  

I need tonrun. 

Enjoy ot your day.

Respected Contributor

The Renaissance festival sounds like fun, Barbara. I hope they enjoy it and you survive it. Lol.

Very cold today. I haven't gone anywhere and don't plan to.

Linda, I have an eye mask I keep handy in case a light is left on. I can't sleep if a light is on.

Griff is chewing something in the kitchen so I need to check it out.

Esteemed Contributor

We went to the pool as well, Barbara.  I didn't plan to go swimming, but I ended up doing so, and enjoying myself.  DH's DGD was in the pool for at least 1 1/2 hours, but I only swam for about 45 minutes.  That was plenty for me.  And, the pool wasn't at all crowded when I was swimming, but then quite a few people showed up.

We also took a short walk this morning, and then again after lunch.  

His DD mentioned the idea of coming to relieve me, but her schedule is very full, and I really didn't encourage it since I think she would have lots of trouble figuring out how to handle her Dad, etc.  She said that she could maybe be here five days, but that was pushing things.  I told her about the respite care idea, and she said that she thought that might be a good idea.  I think that I'll try to have DD and DGD (plus maybe my SIL) come here, and then take a short trip by myself later in the summer or early Fall.  I do want to visit the various places that offer the service, including the one that Hospice will pay for.  His DD said she would be supportive if I decided a different place would be better.  

We do not have any outlets in the hall, but they did not complain about the lack of a nightlight.  There is a light in DH's bathroom, but I know they would rather not use it due to the "bedside" commode.

Glad you enjoyed the zoo, and I hope the dinner show and Renaissance festival are fun.

Sorry it is so cold there, Claudia.  They keep talking about the cold on the TV and radio.  A visitor came to the pool straight from Buffalo (I think), where it was below zero when he left. He was a happy camper.  Hope Griff didn't get into a mess/trouble.

Sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I think the respite care is a very good choice,Linda. Nice that there's a number to choose from and you can check them all out.

It was very cold this morning. Minus 5 and that wasn't the wind chill. It's in the teens now. I think we'll be going out for an early dinner. There aren't a lot of choices locally. Due to the cold and the snow I prefer to stay in town.

It's so nice you and Barbara have had good weather during the family visits.

Esteemed Contributor

Reading about your temperatures makes me shiver, Claudia.  Hope you had a nice dinner, even if the restaurant isn't anything special.  We had a pretty nice meal at a local Mexican restaurant last night.  But, DH had cheese enchiladas, and I had a bit of trouble feeding him.  Wish he didn't love sloppy food like that.  LOL  

Our company left this morning after having a morning snack of Valentine's cake.  I thought it was pretty funny.   DH joined them, but I don't like sweets early in the day.  DH and I went to the gym after dropping them off at the airport, and we both did pretty well.  I'm happy with the handicapped parking now that I have that hangtag.  No need to worry about a car parking so close I can't open the door for DH.  He usually has some trouble getting in and out of the car, so not being able to open the door all the way can be a big problem.

Hope you are having fun, Barbara.  I loved that picture Amie took of you and V (smiling).  You both look so very happy.

Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Argh! I don't know where my mind was earlier. Barbara, I meant to post I liked the pictures especially the one of you and V. Linda, I just saw yours. Very nice pictures especially the one of all 3.