Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMEd SHOPAHOLICS. Week IV November 27

Good afternoon.  I am back from my massage...I think it helped my back. I still have very low energy so hope I survive my voice lesson..llol

nothing exciting here. V is out running his errands.

Claudia..hope r is feeling better..he seems to really push the edges of his health. Hope you can get your tasks accomplished today.

Linda..you are so ambitious with your exercise...I never dreamed that my body would give me so much grief..I move a lot around the house but long walks are a thing of the past. It is good to hear that dh is doing well.

one of my friends brought me some New Yorker magazines..one of my favorites.

may you have a good day.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  Sorry about R's health, Claudia.  I would be so exhausted after all that time at urgent care.  Hope he is better today, and you are able to relax a little.

Do hope that massage helped, Barbara.  Hope you have enough energy for your voice lesson.  It must be so hard dealing with RA, etc.  

Very cool here this morning -- only 30 degrees.  I did a Leslie Sansone DVD (new) which was pretty vigorous.  Then I went for a walk.  Visited DH and fed him lunch.  The new lady was okay when I saw her, but the caregiver told me she was very bad last night when she had to change her -- hit and scratched her in several places.  This is a very nice caregiver -- hard working and good to the residents.  She will be going home to Mexico for Christmas, and she will need to cook for her Uncle(s).  I was sad to learn that her granddaughter (not sure if she has others) died at age 6.  Her DIL was in an automobile accident (failure to yield as I understand it), and the little girl was killed.  I can't imagine how horrible that would be.  

DD seems to be in good spirits, and we are getting birthday/Christmas gifts settled -- mostly just gift cards or money, but......  

Should continue to be a quiet day for me, which I appreciate.

Hope both of you have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. DH said (pretty much out of the blue) that I was a very nice person.  Melted my heart.  

Respected Contributor

I do hope your back was helped by the massage, Barbara.

Last night I was so tired when we stopped at Perkins that I put my teabag in my cup, reached for the carafe (unfortunately it was the wrong one) and poured coffee into my cup. I took the teabag out after a minute or two still not realizing what I had done. I finally realized when I went to take sip and smelled coffee. Lol.

We were anxious to get back to the dogs since we had left about 10:30 but we hadn't had lunch due to the long wait. I had given R a couple glucose tablets but at 7 pm he really needed food. We got home by 8:30. Amazingly there were no accidents but the boys were very glad to go out.

I picked up groceries at Shurfine and Wal-Mart. Tomorrow I plan to finish up at Wegman's.

R got very tired at bowling. At one point he tried to pick the bowling ball up left handed but it was too painful. He has an orthopedic appointment the 15th. Right now he plans to go to hunting camp tomorrow but it depends how he feels.

Linda, that's great for Army DGS. I panic when I misplace a key. What a relief to find it.

Pepper will look very cute in her sweater.

Respected Contributor

Goo afternoon..it is sunny but a little cool..I will not complain about 60 on December 1.

This was bridge morning..I had terrible cards but enjoy the people. One of the women has had to begin using a scooter because her arthritis has gotten so bad.

i rarely order from qvc anymore, bit I wanted to try the d and c sweater from 2 weeks ago. It finally arrived but when I opened it up, it was not my order. So I called to get the refund and mailed back the package this afternoon. That is the second time it has happened to me. This is one of the reasons I tend not to order.

Linda..some people with Alzheimer's get violent...that would be terribly difficult. Glad you and dd have Xmas figured out. Mine was not at all stressful this year. I hope your day is going well with dh.

Claudi?.hope you got some rest and feel better today. I have been tired enough to be pretty dysfunctional. Hope r is feeling better.

enjoy your day. (((((Hugs))))

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  It is in the low 60's here as well, Barbara, which is not bad at all.  But, it was pretty cold again this morning -- 30 degrees, and I tried another Leslie Sansone DVD and then took a short walk when it warmed up a bit.  I went to the gym, and raced home to change before I went to my Caregivers meeting.  No chance to eat lunch.   I enjoyed the meeting, but I probably will be hungry before dinner.  

DH seems to be quite sleepy and a bit shaky this afternoon.  Hope that he improves soon.  I'm glad he isn't nasty or violent at all.

They add a few Christmas decorations each day, which is nice.  I have been bringing in some for the tree as well.

Sorry that Q messed up your order, Barbara.  That would discourage me from ordering.  I remember when I ordered quite a bit that would happen sometimes.  Usually, I decided that I really didn't want the item after all.  I received the Halo charger TSV today, but I haven't opened it up yet.  

My broker called when i got home from the caregivers meeting to say that the check for my IRA rollover had just arrived.  I was wondering if it was okay since the other place said that they closed the account last Wednesday.  Apparently, they just mailed a check.  I am supposed to hear from the financial planner soon.  Really lucked out since the stock market was pretty high when they closed the account.

Hope things are going okay there, Claudia, and R doesn't need to go to urgent care or anything.

One of the ladies in the caregivers group said that her husband had a stroke right before Thanksgiving, but didn't say anything until a couple of days later.  He seems to be recovering fairly well, but it is not helping his dementia.  Others told some pretty sad stories, but it really helps to share.  Everyone was telling me not to worry about leaving DH for my trip next week (three days).  I certainly hope he will be okay.

Have a nice evening and sleep well!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

It's in the mid 30's here so 60's sounds great, Barbara.

I finished up the grocery shopping this morning as snow was forecast for the afternoon. It was quite windy at Wegman's which made it feel much colder.

R still isn't feeling great. He decided not to go back to hunting camp until the end of next week. As happened last spring his ribs bother him when he coughs.

Finally heard from Whit. She had decided to go up to the pipeline protest which imo not a great idea but ended up not going because she had no gas money plus couldn't find  a car block (I think that's whAt she said) to start her diesel car in extreme cold. Then she didn't have a tent or working sleeping bag and heard there were blizzard conditions.  Needless to say I'm relieved she didn't go especially with her medical problems. She still needs to message us her address rather than giving it over the phone. I don't want to get it down wrong with my hearing loss that's possible.

The only thing I still order is Linea. His pants work well for me and I like the wknd swing sweaters. Other lines at the Q I do not have much luck with.

I need to contact the vet tomorrow. TT's paw is better but the pad further up his leg is very sensitive.

Linda, I hope your day is going well and DH is fine.

Respected Contributor

I see you were posting while I was typing , Linda. I hope DH feels better soon. Mother used to say"some days are better than others." 

I'm glad the check for the rollover came through and  the market was high when they closed it out.

I think DH will be okay while you're on your short trip. We found mother lived in the moment and had little idea of time passing. I think if he asks for you the staff should be able to reassure him that you'll be back soon.

Respected Contributor

Good morning. It is a little cool and cloudy. I made a grocery store run for food for the weekend. I like to get fish for Friday because I think I mentioned that m and Syd do not like the smell. Lol.

i am still pretty fatigued..I have prednisone I can use but prefer not to. 

M just called and she does not think she got the New York job. Her vp is doing a good job of messing her up for jobs...she is not sure but thinks it is negative news.

Linda..hope dh is feeling better today...good job on the Ira rollover. You know you will have to start withdrawals at 70'and a half. To me that was the only downfall. I think your trip is next week. Your caregivers group is so good for you. Dh should be fine when you are gone...like Claudia said, they live in the moment.

Claudia, it was good that whit did not go to standing rock.. From everything I have read, it is not very safe. Do you think she is ok?!!  I know how hard this must be for you. (((Hugs))))

need rd to move a little bit. Enjoy your day.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  Glad Whit did not go there for the protest, Claudia.  Like Barbara, I heard that it is not necessarily safe in addition to being very cold, etc.  I do hope she keeps in touch with you and R and is okay.  It is certainly difficult when your adult children make some questionable choices, but really nothing you can do about it other than hope and pray.  Hope you were able to get some help for TT.  Sounds very cold there -- hope you are keeping warm.

Pretty cool here as well, Barbara.  When I went to the gym yesterday morning, there were quite a few people swimming -- only about 50 degrees out there!  Of course the pool is heated, but the getting in and out would be awful to me.  I figured most were "winter visitors" who don't mind the cold  Hope you will feel a bit better soon.  I like fish, but I know that it can smell up the house sometimes.  What a shame if M doesn't get that job.  Really wish the VP didn't make it so hard for her.  

I know that I will need to take the money out when I'm 70 1/2, and it is certainly on my mind.  Actually, that is what got me started on the rollover idea -- I didn't want to take money out and just spend it or more likely give it away to DD without having any sort of plan.  Hopefully, the financial adviser will help me with those decisions.

DH seemed much better today -- eyes open and no shaking.  We were able to talk to his DD today -- missed her yesterday.  I think her new administrative duties are already starting to be a bit of a strain.  There is a doctor who needs to retire, but does not want to do so.  And, he says he has nothing else to live for -- difficult time.

I'm headed out to the Hallmark store soon, and I'll be visiting with DH later.  No other big plans.  

Hope both of you have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

What a shame if M doesn't get the job. I hope she's wrong this time.

The vet is continuing TT's current meds and adding tramadol which I can pick up Tuesday. I also scheduled the 3 kittens for their shots Friday. Fingers crossed I can corral all 3.

This afternoon we took my Century Riviera and Hall pottery up to the auction house. R added in the model kits of planes  which should sell well according to the auctioneer. All 104 of them. He bought them on eBay when he had to retire and they've sat for 12 years. He was a bit obsessed with them at the time and wouldn't consider he was overdoing it. Since he suggested selling them I jumped right on it, wrapped up my pottery and off we went. Now I have a metal shelving unit in the cellar that I can store supplies on.

Linda, I'm glad DH is better today and had a chance to talk to his daughter. Having mostly administrative work would be stressful.

Yes, I'm very relieved Whit wasn't able to go there.

No snow yet. Tomorrow morning I need to pick up TT's refill at the vet clinic. I also need to pick up more dog food plus stop at jewellers to get our rings checked.