Highlighted
Respected Contributor

REFORMEd SHOPAHOLICS. Week IV November 27

This is a busy day..church and I have to leave for a 3 hour practice in about 10 minutes. After we are going to get a new dryer since ours is terminal..lol.

M and Syd are bCk in Minnesota. They had to get up at 5 but made it ok. We had a good time while they were here.

My back continues to be annoying, but I can function.

have a good day.

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMEd SHOPAHOLICS. Week IV November 27

Too bad about the dryer, Barbara. I hate when appliances break down and need replaced.

A 3 hour practice. I'm betting you'll be tired after that.

TT woke me at 3 AM having to go out. Of course that meant all three had to go out. Once I got them back in I stumbled back to bed. Usually the dogs are good all night but not last night.

The yard is cleaned up and the garbage is out. I have laundry that needs to go in the dryer. Other than that it's a fairly quiet day.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry about your back and the dryer, Barbara.  Glad M and Syd made it home okay.  I'm not sure when youngest DGS has to go back to college -- perhaps not until tomorrow or the next day.  I may be mixing that up.  You certainly are having a busy day.  I bought a new dryer fairly recently (year or so ago), but the washer is pretty old, so I'm afraid it will need to be replaced fairly soon.  I'm in denial at this point.  

It is a shame the dogs would not let you sleep last night, Claudia.  Glad you are getting things done, and I hope you don't overdo it.

It was pretty crazy at DH's facility yesterday evening when I went to feed him dinner.  I arrived a little after 4:30, and they had already finished dinner (which is more like lunch).  And, there was a lead caregiver who normally works in another building.  Some of the residents were really acting up -- wandering into others rooms, doubting that the caregiver was giving the medication others needed, etc.  Fortunately, DH was fine.

Today, things were back to more normal, and one of the caregivers decided to cut DH's hair.  He is mostly bald, but he has some places that were growing pretty crazy -- standing up on end, etc.  She did a good job.  I had gone to church and the gym, but made it in time to feed DH most of his lunch and walk around a few times.  

I need to vacuum/clean as well as do some ironing, but I'm not moving too fast.  I have baked a pumpkin pie without the crust (not a crust fan), and cranberry nut bread is in the oven now.  I plan to go back to visit DH and feed him dinner assuming he has not already eaten.

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Hope both of you are doing okay today.  

I had been looking at a sweatshirt at Lands End, and ended up ordering it because they are having a 50% off sale for Cyber Monday.  Not really a need, but something I have been thinking about for a while.  Also donated to a couple of charities, and plan to donate to a couple more tomorrow when it is "giving Tuesday".  Also transferred some money to my SIL for her car payment today.  Money is flying out of here for some reason.  LOL  I want to pick up some groceries this afternoon, and I hope that will be that for spending today.

I got the ironing done yesterday evening, but put off much of the cleaning until today.  Still working on that, but I did get my "longer" walk in this morning.  I'll leave to visit DH in a little while.

Pretty cool here this morning, and it is supposed to be cooler than normal this week.  They are even talking about freezing temperatures on Tuesday and Wednesday night, so I took off the hoses outside.

Have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Yes, Linda, it is a little chilly here. The house was 61 when we got up, so I turned on the heat.

i made a grocery run...while I was in line, the woman behind me rammed her cart into my back while the bags were being loaded. It hurt a bit and I gave her the "look".   I think she got the message. Arghhhh.

Sydnie called and said that Pepper was happy to see them...even though she was very spoiled at the kennel. Lol. She was taken to the vets home at night and they kept her in the office area during the day. 

V was good and did te floors for me this morning. We did get a dryer..nothing fancy and it matches the washer we purchased in Lanuary.

Linda..lands end has some nice things...I order from them periodically. I bet your house looks pretty with the decorations up. Enjoy your visit with dh.

Claudia..hope your day is going well and all of the animals are behaving.

Enjoy.

Respected Contributor

I've ordered from Land's End too. I like their squall jackets and their fleece is nice and warm.

I know that must have hurt, Barbara. I accidentally hit a woman's heel with the cart and couldn't apologize enough.

I'm sure Pepper was delighted to see M and Sydnie even though she was spoiled while they were gone.

Respected Contributor

This morning the treadmill was still out front after the garbage was picked up so I stopped by the local office on my way to drop off donations at GoodWill. A bit ago I heard a truck outside and it is now gone. Whew.

R will back tomorrow afternoon for bowling and then head back to camp a day or two later.

This time of year the expenses seem to mount up quickly.

Tonight is leftover spaghetti and meatballs from Pellegrino's. I have laundry to put away still and I keep putting off vacuuming upstairs.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Sorry about that grocery cart incident, Barbara.  It would be your sore back -- hope it is better today.  Glad Pepper was so happy to see Syd and M -- must be a very cute dog.  

R seems as busy as ever, Claudia.  Glad the treadmill is finally gone.  I heard the end of a somewhat interesting story about mattress re-cycling/trashing.  There is a machine that can compress the steel inside into a compact cube -- but it weighs something like 100 pounds.  Some places like Goodwill either don't take mattresses  or charge for take them.  I was thinking about how heavy a treadmill would be.  Yikes!   Wonder what they do with it, or how they would compress it before disposing of it.  My mind is really wandering today.  LOL

I took my shorter walk, but after almost an hour I realized I didn't have my house key.  Fortunately, it was sitting on the sidewalk in front of the house.  Not good for Linda.  

The senior lunch program and the gym went fine, and DH is napping on the chair now.  We did walk around a few times, but I guess he is tired.  They must have given the problem lady some medicine since she is asleep in her room.  One of the caregivers said she spent the whole night chasing her around.  It is always something.

Army DGS is being transferred to work directly under his Commander(?)  He won't get any sort of raise, but it is a sign that the leadership thinks he is doing a good job, and he is pleased. 

I'll be happy to have a free day tomorrow.  Maybe I'll get some cleaning done or something.  I decided to bring a birthday cake in to the senior lunch program next Tuesday (day early, but....)  Thinking about getting one from COSTCO.  If not, I will use Safeway.  Probably carrot cake.  Although I could make my own cake, I will give myself a break. 

Sleep well!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I am late in posting. The day got away from me..we played cards this morning and I only had 45 minutes before I had to go to choir practice. That was good but I got very tired during it..that sometimes happens with ra where you feel like you hVe been hit by a truck.

Decided not to cook so v picked up some chicken from Frys...not the healthiest but it tastes good.

It continues to be chilly here...long sleeves and socks for sure..besides long pants. 

Linda..glad they got something to settle that lady down. My aunt , who had dementia, went through a period where she was very verbally abusive and agitated. 

That is nice about your dgs....glad you found your house key.

Claudia...hope you are having a good day. 

Pepper er weighs a huge 9.6 pounds.she is going to need a sweater all of the time this winter.

sleep well

Respected Contributor

I'm late posting. R came home early last evening coughing, short of breath, and back pain. The clinic couldn't see him till Wednesday so off we went to VA urgent care mid morning. Got there by noon got out after 6. He's on an antibiotic and muscle relaxer after lots of tests and a ct scan. 

Hope everyone had a good day.Will read the posts tomorrow. So much for cleaning.