Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED. sHOPAHOLICS. Week of October 18

Oh boy, fraud alert!  Glad the CU is taking quick action.  Good news about the kitten.  

Esteemed Contributor

Things went well yesterday with DH and the day services place.  He was happily sitting with another guy when I went to pick him up, and he seemed surprised to see me. He thought I was early, but I was not.

I had gone to the gym and then a friend and I went for a walk.  She had found an interesting path, maintained by the neighbors, which they called "art walk".  Little decorations on the side of the path -- one was a Stonehenge recreation, others were turtles, birds, missions, churches, etc.  Very fun.  We only walked for about an hour since I was nervous about picking up DH, but her knee was bothering her pretty badly.  She is 81 years old, and is fighting having knee replacement.  Hopefully, she will go ahead and have it done since she is normally very active (rides her bike all over, hikes, etc.)  She no longer skis, but that is a fairly recent development.  Nice lady, but very, very opinionated which can be an issue if others have different opinions.

After I picked up DH, we went to a couple of stores, and his DD called later to say she made it home with no problems.  

DGS's team won their football game yesterday -- which is good news.  Middle DGS has Reserves this weekend -- fingers crossed that he passes his PT test, and they let him stay in the Army.

I am taking an on-line defensive driving course to help me save on car insurance, and it seems like it will take quite a bit of time.  Trying to pay attention since there are section quizzes as well as a test at the end that I must pass.  Not used to taking tests any more.  LOL

Hope all is going well with R today, Claudia, and maybe you have found homes for some more of the kittens.  Are you feeling better today, Barbara?  I hope so, and I hope those bees are gone for good.

Have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I found out there was a 3 hour choir practice at church for the Xmas concert in December. It was fun to return to this very lovely group of people. While I was gone, v worked on steaming the floor...but his back is bothering him so I will finish.

i think I now have enough groceries in to keep us going for a few days. Lol.

m said that the owner kicked everyone out of the tv viewing area when Sydnie's solo stared last night. She was happy. Suds tap shoes were upgraded to what the older kids wear...so she was thrilled.

linda, so glad dh liked the care center.  I think it is very good for both of you that he goes. Hope dgs passes his physical. Congrats to youngest dgs on his win.  Your walk sounded interesting yesterday. Your friend will be much happier when she gets her knee done.

claudis, hope things are good with you.

it is warm her...90. I have too much to do to go to the pool.  Maybe tomorrow...

enjoy

Esteemed Contributor

That is much warmer than here, Barbara.  Sometimes we have similar temperatures, others not so much.

Glad you got to choir practice.  Sounds good about Syd.

Sorry to report that DGS failed his PT test.  They are not sure what will happen now, but....

Respected Contributor

Linda, I'm glad things went well for DH's stay at the daycare. Reluctance to have you leave and surprise you got back so soon may be a pattern with him. That's good news on DGS's win. Hope the pt test goes well for middle gs. What an interesting walk.

Keeping fingers crossed for Elieen picking up her kitten Monday. She has a possibility for someone taking a kitten and may take a 2nd back with her.

The other day I told the visiting nurse I noticed R's calf of his leg seemed indented and the veins were prominant on the front of the leg. She didn't think too much about it but changed her mind and called today to say if it returned he should have them check for a blood clot. Of course it's back and he's holding off having it checked. Not feeling well but considering going to tomorrow's muzzleloader shoot plus bowling next week.

Barbara, how nice you reconnected with the choir. Good for the owners kicking everyone out of the tv viewing area when Sydnie did her solo.