Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED Shopaholics week of October 24

Good Afternoon!  It does sound like you had a pretty nice birthday, Claudia.  I had to look up coal scuttle.  Like Barbara, I had seen them, but I didn't know the name.  Hope you are able to go up north and find the wood piece you are trying to locate.  Also hope you, R, and your furbabies are feeling okay today.

I bet those oak trees are beautiful, Barbara.  I really miss seeing the Fall leaves.  No interesting parties/events for me here, unfortunately.  But, our weather is nice.  One of the people on our Zoom meditation was in Northern Ohio, and said their weather was nasty -- cold and wet.  

Glad you were able to get your grocery order despite the mix-up, Barbara.  But, sorry that you had to go through that hassle.  Enjoy the chili and the company.  Good luck with helping V to bathe and picking up the prescriptions.

So far, it has been a very quiet day, but that is fine with me.  One of my gym buddies was reading while he was doing the step machine yesterday, and I asked what tiny device he was using.  He said it was a Kindle Paperwhite -- his third. Anyway, I thought it was much smaller than my old one, but I think it was probably due to the lack of a case. 

I met a new lady at the gym yesterday, and she told me that she loves to exercise, and needed to watch her diet.  She was tiny, but said she had problems with her weight in the past.  She mentioned that she was 82 years old.  Very impressive on all the machines.  A good role model for me.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED Shopaholics week of October 24

Chili sounds good for a day like today, Barbara. I'm sure you and V will enjoy V3 and Vanessa's visit.

We headed north this morning stopping at Runnings for dog food and then Wegmans. After that we went on to the "antique shop". It's smaller than I thought but also the furniture items were too wide.

We had a late lunch back in town at the Greek restaurant. R managed to have soup. We did check 2 places a few doors down. The closer shop has gone downhill imo. There was one piece at the second shop but quite a bit more in price than I want to pay.

More rain is expected tomorrow. We left the dog food in the car. We are both tired.

I think you're right in thinking the Paperwhite  was smaller because of no cover, Linda.

I found some creamed corn at Wegmans and also checked the supply of paper towels.I saw the 12 pack was still $15.99 but tp had increased to $18.99 for 5 packs of 6 rolls.

There's a local estate sale next week and photos will be online tomorrow. Maybe I'll find something there. If not I'll drive further north at some point to another antique mall.

Have a good evening.

Coincidentally yesterday was the day of the cat. Quite fitting considering my crew or as they say  clowder of cats.