Respected Contributor

REFORMED Shopaholics week of October 24

Godd morning. V fell out of bed last night..I told him that he had to have the rail up...arghh. And m is in a snit today, so I am glad Syd and I are going to the movie.,

The house has clothes all over..I try to keep our areas neat.lol. 

Claudia..yikes torn falling in the stream it is good that he is not in a tree. Fingers crossed for no deer.

I loved Lord of the Rings, in contrast to yiur feelings. I do agree tha t the book was better.

Linda, hope you are having a good day.

i will review the movie. 👻👻

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED Shopaholics week of October 24

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Sorry to hear V fell out of bed, Barbara.  Having done that myself about a month ago, it is a shocker.  Hopefully, he didn't hurt anything.  I changed my sleeping habits after that happened. Hope you and Syd enjoy the movie.  I didn't read the book or see the Lord of the Rings.  I know people love it, but I guess I have peculiar taste. 

Hope R did okay after falling into the stream, and didn't bring home a deer, Claudia.  I would pay for it to be processed as well.

I saw on FB that Jean had a good day, so perhaps the infusion helped.

Our weather continues to be nice -- cool at night and in the mornings when I take my walk and heats up during the day.  They are predicting much cooler weather on Tuesday, and then back to warm for the rest of the week.

Church was good, and the gym went okay -- I was really sweaty, but I guess that is not a bad thing.  I have some ironing, cooking, and cleaning to do this afternoon/evening.  But, not a huge amount of any of those things.

Hope you are feeling okay today, Claudia, and both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I'm glad V wasn't hurt when he tumbled out of bed, Barbara. It's good to have the rail up so he doesn't do that again. I hope you enjoy the movie.

I first read The Hobbit in the summer of'68 and fell in love with Tolkien's world.

I'm glad Jean had a good day, Linda. Hopefully she'll recover quickly. I'm signed up locally for the booster shot the week after next. R prefers to wait till the VA offers it.

We just got off the phone with Adam a bit ago. Things are good with him. He's experimented with some recipes and was pleased with results. Like his dad, he throws things together and they turn out.

So far R has missed any deer he saw. 

Griffyn is in his crate sleeping upside down and Tip is on the dogs' couch chewing her bone. Just another Sunday evening.

Sleep well.

Respected Contributor

Good morning..I am posting early because my day is getting busy. I have errands to run and a knitting class this afternoon.

I would really like to spend the day in bed eating bonbons lol.

The movie was spectacular..It followed the novel,pretty well. The cinematography was gorgeous as were special effects., Sydnie is inspired to read the book and I await the sequel.

Claudia..it is nice to see that Adam is doing well. Good thing there are no deer yet. 

Linda..you had a good Sunday. 

I don't know if I mentioned that I get my booster on Thursday. Will see how that goes.

enjoy your day 💖💖

Esteemed Contributor

Good afternoon!  Hope you got your errands done and enjoy the knitting class, Barbara.  I didn't have any reactions to the booster shot except for a sore arm.  That was a relief since I had a pretty miserable 24 hours after the second shot. 

After hearing the interview with the producer of the movie, I think he would be thrilled with your review, Barbara.  One of the things he mentioned was that he felt he needed to go to the desert to shoot the film, and it was extremely hot in Jordon.  So, they had all sorts of provisions for the actors and crew -- very large crew of 800 people.  I'm still not at all interested, but glad you and Syd enjoyed the movie so much.

Glad no deer and Adam is doing so well, Claudia.  Hope your booster shot doesn't cause any reactions.  I can't remember how much younger you are than me, but I guess you read the Hobbit in junior high?  I know several of my friends really liked the book.

My two OLLI classes were good this morning, and I have my dermatologist check-up this afternoon.  As you may read on the other thread, oldest DGS went to the ER due to a kidney stone.  He is home with strong pain medication now.  Hopefully, it will pass without intervention, but who knows.

Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

No, Linda. I read it the summer after my junior year so not that much younger. Did a book report on it my senior year. I was fortunate to have a marvelous English teacher that year. I still remember passages memorized from Shakespeare 50+ years later.

I'm sorry eldest grandson is dealing with the misery of a kidney stone. Hopefully he won't need surgery.

I'm glad you and Sydnie enjoyed the movie, Barbara.

R's stitches are bothering him today and he's had some pain especially when rinsing with the salt water between that and him trying to figure how to make pumpkin soup with a pie pumpkin I haven't gotten a lot done. He's still going on about setting up a table for deer processing ( when he hasn't gotten one) and I am just as adamant that he get it processed.  Smh, he tried telling me that people who went to a processor only got 3 packages of meat back. All I can say is run, deer, run.

Respected Contributor

Brr. It's been a wet chilly day here. I can't say I accomplished as much as I hoped. Oh well, there's tomorrow.

The dogs finally gave up on the rain stopping and decided to go down the steps. Tippy is now doing her early evening vocalizing. Every evening between 7 and 8.

Since there's a limited supply of canned cat food and brands in local stores I ordered Nugget and Widget's preferred brand from Chewy.

R's attempt at pumpkin soup using a pie pumpkin did not turn out. We went to Aldi's searching for their pumpkin maple bisque with no luck. I did find canned pumpkin (100%) in the baked goods along side pumpkin pie filling so got 2 cans for R to try again. For some reason the paper label shows a slice of pumpkin pie. I checked though and the only ingredient is pumpkin.

I made my one to two serving meatloaf for my early supper.

I hope everyone has had a good day.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Hope you and V are doing okay, Barbara.

I was supposed to graduate from college in 1968, Claudia.  So, quite a bit older. (I took off a semester to have my DD, so it was really the next January).  Great memories for your English teacher.  I had a wonderful history teacher who inspired me.

Sorry R was having some pain from his stitches and his recipe didn't work out.  Hope the new pumpkin works better.  DD was telling me that the paper towel supply was pathetic.  Her choices were two single rolls of the cheap type or $25 for Bounty.  She bit the bullet and bought the Bounty.  I know that many things are in short supply and/or very expensive these days.  Unfortunately, my guess is that will not improve until next year -- hopefully not too far into 2022.

DGS was still having a lot of pain as of this morning.  Hopefully. things improved today.

My hospice visit went fine, but I learned that the patient is having new and scary problems.  And, I made it to the gym and saw several of my buddies.  

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

IfRe: REFORMED Shopaholics week of October 24

Does your DD have a Wegmans? I buy their store brand and get the one that is pick a size. That's either half a sheet or full one. I've been pleased with that store brand.

I hope your DGS is doing better and won't need surgery.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: IfRe: REFORMED Shopaholics week of October 24

I know there is a Wegman's not too far away from DD's house, but. I also remember she doesn't shop there often (mostly due to the prices).  But, I will mention it to her.  Sounds like those paper towels would work well. Thanks.