Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED Shopaholics week of December 12

Good idea, Birdie. I have learned to pick up the lightweight cat litter when available and the 18 pound bags of dry cat food. The 30 pound bags of dog food I lift step to step. Getting those into the cart is an adventure.

Adam taught me a trick with heavy items. Try rolling them up the steps. That's what we did with the porch/patio chairs that ere packaged together.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry about R's card being hacked again, Claudia.  One of my "gym buddies" was talking about his computer being hacked.  He had to pay someone to fix it for him, and there were problems because the credit union was closed when it happened.  He thinks it is solved now, but....  Probably a good idea for R to wait on a new card.

Glad you have an appointment with an attorney, and have sent off your cards.  One of mine was going to England, and I fear it won't make it in time, but.....

What a bummer you got COVID, Barbara.  And, you can't even get your infusion on time.  Really hope that doesn't happen to me, but at least I don't need an infusion.

While I don't need to pick up heavy bags of pet or bird food like you are Bernie, bags of water softener salt can be very heavy.  I try to get the 25 pound bags rather than the 40 pound ones, even if they cost a bit more.  One good thing for me was when I realized I could add them to my Walmart pick-up order.  I still have to get the bag out, but at least they put it in the car.

Very cloudy here, but not chilly.  It is supposed to rain tonight (we had some rain last night as well), and turn cooler again.  

I need to fill out a form and email it to the Volunteer Coordinator when I do a hospice visit or complete an errand, and he wrote back that two of "my" patients passed away.  One lady I have never seen, but I have delivered supplies to her for more than a year (assisted living).  The other was the husband of a couple I know.  I sat with him a couple of weeks ago when his wife went to the eye doctor.  He wasn't in good shape, and it wasn't unexpected, but still sad.

Hope the three of you sleep well.  

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Barbara I'm sorry to read that you are covid positive and cannot get your infusion.  I know you will be in pain and moving like the Tin Man by the time of your next infusion.  Bless your heart in regards to M Woman Happy  She is probably afraid it will go around the family.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

If all I had to do was fling the seed in the cart, my back probably wouldn't get me afterwards Claudia.  It's the putting it in the cart then putting it in the trunk, taking it out of the trunk.  When I feel peppy I get a 40 pounder, I grab two plastic storage containers to the trunk, split the bag and use a large metal mixing bowl to fill the containers.  With age, and enough sleepless nights from back pain, comes wisdom Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Linda anything over 20 pounds can be a gamble if you turn just the wrong way.  I could save more money with the 40 lb however I want to be able to stand upright in 10 years, lol.

Respected Contributor

Yes, flinging it into the cart, then placing it in the car, and taking it out at home are not easy, Birdie.

Almost as bad is a case of bottled water. I now buy a case when halfway through one. R drinks more water if a bottle is beside him. Tried a glass of tap water but that didn't work as well. Then there's been a few times  we had a boil water notice and I was one of the last to hear. Now I try to keep a case on hand.

I use Dr. Elsey's cat litter for blind Nugget. Wal-Mart places the 20 pound boxes on the top shelf. Smh. Maybe I'll add that to the Chewy order for Pippin's  urinary prescription cat food and have that delivered to the house.

Respected Contributor

we are supposed to have rain and big wind later this afternoon and evening.  Dry strange for this time of year. 

I discovered there was a fraudulent charge on my Amex card. They took care of it very quickly but when I looked today, my new card is going to Az . I have to wait until tomorrow to get the address corrected.

Never a dull moment here.

Bernie everyone in the house has had Covid..I wth e last to test positive.

Linda, continue to take precautions...My dr said it is rampant up here. We replaced our water softener with a reverse osmosis system ..It costs about 80$ a month and that includes a drinking ware system also. Thewater is wonderful

Claudia, I always try to have heavy stuff delivered. V has a dolly ,which is very useful in Az. 

Hope you are both having a good day.

🌲🌲💨💨

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  Our weather is different today as well, Barbara.  Cloudy with misty rain and cool.  The high for today is in the 50's and low in the 30's.  Not cold/cool for most areas, but for here it seems cool.  

Sorry about that charge, and your card going to AZ, Barbara.  Another complication of going back and forth.  Can't say that I miss those sorts of issues, but I would like a place to go in the heat of the summer.

I have heard about those types of water systems, and that would be good.  But, I just don't want to spend that much money.

Hope you, R, and your furbabies are having a good Wednesday, Claudia.

I am back from the dentist, and so far, so good with them (only my second visit).  The cost was very reasonable, and I like both the hygienist and the dentist.  I paid extra for a cancer test, but it was only $25 extra.  I go to the hygienist again in June.

My poor SIL was on an army base in VA trying to get some documents he needs for work (clearance), and when he started to leave, his brakes totally failed.  He managed to get the car into a parking space (used the emergency brake).  The tow truck didn't arrive for 3 1/2 hours, and he had to sit outdoors near the entrance for most of that time -- wearing a suit, etc.  The guards said that he had to wait there and get into the tow truck (show his pass) before they could enter.  It was quite a long tow, but he only paid $85 since the insurance company felt bad about how low the tow truck took.  Yikes.  Luckily, he had that much cash on him since the tow truck driver only took cash, and now the car is at the garage.  DD picked him up and brought him a roast beef sandwich since he only had a protein bar all morning.  

I have no big plans for the rest of the day, but hope to get the mailings from hospice.

Hope both of you and your husbands sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..we had some rain, thunder and lightning last night.. there were severe storm warnings in the southern part of the state. It is 23 today. 

sydnie and I had fun working on vocab words last night. She had to find antonyms, synonyms, idioms, plus write a sentence and continuing paragraph telling a story using the 21 words. I have an excellent vocabulary, so could help her on pronunciation etc. personally, I thought the assignment was a bit much, but is I anAP class.

Then she announces that she wants actual gifts, not $$ so m and I are scrambling. A lot of her desires are on Amazon so with Prime everything will get here. Yikes

Linda too bad about dgs brakes...that was quite the wait. With our water system, we weighed the cost vs a softener ad because we needed a ew softener, chose the other system . Glad that you had a good dental visit.i had to inform mine that I was positive for Covid..they did not make a big deal out of it.

Claudia..hope all is ok with you.

Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat. 

enjoy

🎄🎄🌵🌵🧑🏼‍🎄

Esteemed Contributor

Too cold for me, Barbara. It was only in the 30's this morning (felt very chilly), but warmed up to the lower 60's today.  At least it was sunny.

Glad you were able to help Syd, and can get the gifts she wants on time.  Late today, I got a package from Amazon that I believe is DD's gift.  The replacement is still due to arrive on Sunday.  She will contact them to see what I should do.

I stupidly forgot my grocery list this morning, so I will probably need to go again before next Thursday.  Oh well...  The hospice supply deliveries went okay, but one family said the patient would probably only live a few more hours.  So, I needed to take back the box to the hospice office.  

The volunteer coordinator told me that my friend had called to invite staff and me to her husbands burial next Tuesday.  I am taking the car into the garage that morning, but hope that I will be able to attend.   Funerals are still very hard for me, but I will try.

Hope you, R, and your furbabies are doing okay, Claudia.  

Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda