Respected Contributor

REFORMED Shopaholics week of December 12

Good afternoon. The dept of health called and v can stop isolation on Weds. he is past the time he could get the antibody treatment.  He is getting better each day.

Nothing exciting here..the weather is pretty warm for December..we may get close to 50 on Wednesday. 

I think I will make meatloaf for dinner. Sydnie will usually eat that.

Hope your day is going well. 🎄🎄🎄🌵

V did test positive for Covid .

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED Shopaholics week of December 12

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Barbara.  Glad V is getting better each day, and can stop isolation on Wednesday.  But sorry he got COVID.  At least it was mild.  Good that your weather is pretty warm for December there.  It is warmer here today -- made it up to 70 degrees.  Chilly/cold (upper 30's) when I got up, but warmed up by the time I went to church.

Sorry R got yet another deer, Claudia.  Also sorry you had such a bad night.  Hope last night was much better, and you, R, and your furbabies had a nice Sunday.

I was working on my Christmas cards yesterday evening, but didn't get too far since I also did my weekly financial review.  Hope to be able to finish this evening or tomorrow.

Today is middle DGS' birthday, and he has more to celebrate this year with his new job and getting engaged.  DD was making his birthday dinner.  The only thing I remember is chicken and cake (yellow with chocolate icing).  He always sends me the nicest "thank you", etc. texts.

My back is still bothering me -- fine when I can use the heating pad or when I exercise, but not great otherwise.  I tried using some Biofreeze lotion, but it didn't help.  Then I tried a cool and heat patch, which fell off -- I guess just too old.  The pain isn't horrible, but I sure wish it would go away.

Hope both of you and your husbands sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I'm very glad to hear V's covid was mild and he is feeling better daily. That's 2 good things.

I slept better last night. Thank heavens the headache is gone and all the bones in my face no longer ache. That was awful. Like you, Linda, my back still aches but I figure lifting 30 lb. bags of dog food doesn't help along with carrying the bags of garbage out front. I have a bag of folded clothes to haul upstairs and put away.

Happy Birthday to your middle DGS, Linda. I'm sure it's A very happy birthday for him. May he have a wonderful year.

I really need to get serious with Christmas cards tomorrow.

Those patches never helped me much. They seldom stay on. One of the nurses at the VA mentioned (prior to covid) that some patients found using 2 different types of the arthritis cream and layering them helped best.

I hope everyone has a good evening. Last night it dropped 25° from a high of 62°. Today it only reached the 40's.

Respected Contributor

Good morning...I am having a lazy day...Syd has some laundry which I will throw in the washer.

I am getting a Covid test this afternoon to placate M. She tends to go a little overboard with sanitizing and masks. I think of family get together will not happen because all of the kids are not fully vaccinated ydt.

I am sad, but I do not want anyone to get Covid.

Claudia..glad your. Headache is gone. I rarely get headaches. I need to work on my hand and arm strength.our bedroom looks like a hoarders room..lol. Next week I will start packing our stuff.

LindA, sorry about your back...the best otc pain relief I have found is Voltaren with a heating pAd. Is your dd happy about having another dil.?

Enjoy your day.🌲🌲🌲🌵

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry your back is hurting as well, Claudia.  Hope you were able to sleep well last night.  Sounds very cold there.  It felt cool this morning, but it was over 40 degrees, and it is expected to make it to the mid 70's. 

I finished up my Christmas cards (at least almost all of them), and decided to take them down to the Post Office (boxes out front) before they opened this morning.  There was a big exchange on Nextdoor about gift cards/checks that go missing in the mail, and even cards with no checks or cards being opened.  I did send one check (DH's DD) -- hope that will make it okay.  Everyone else gets electronic gift cards or bank transfers these days.  

Hope you, R, and your furbabies are doing okay today.  The local nursery/gift shop owner lost his little dog a few weeks ago, but today posted pictures of his new one named Pete.  Talk about cute.  He and his daughter (co-owner) kept the previous dog in the shop when they are there, and I think that is the plan with Pete.

I was wondering if you would be getting a COVID test, Barbara.  Did V have the booster?  If so, it is a bit worrying that three shots didn't protect against it.  At least it was mild, but I really, really don't want to have to isolate/quarantine during the holiday season.  It is a shame that the whole family will probably not be getting together as planned, but understandable since the kids are not all fully vaccinated.

I have Voltaren that was prescribed years ago for my knee.  I used it very sparingly (since the labeling was scary at best), but maybe I will try it on my back.  I think the OTC version is the same strength, but I will check on-line.

Good luck with the bedroom and packing next week.  

DD is very happy for DGS.  This future DIL is very different than oldest DGS' wife (or DD), and the older guy and his wife don't like her.  But, DD pointed out that the two couples really didn't get together that often even when they are in the same area.  Plus, the two guys are very different and not that close.  She said she would be surprised if youngest DGS and/or DGD married someone the other didn't like because they are extremely close.  I didn't realize that was the case, but I guess it makes sense.

Today is cooking (nothing exciting) and cleaning day for me.  I did a short exercise DVD this morning, so I'll probably just take a walk later.  The hospice caregiver asked me to pick up her groceries from WM tomorrow, which is fine.  

I ordered the TSV socks since the wider band at the top really appeals to me.  Many of my support socks really dig into my leg at the top and/or are too long for my foot.  Impulse buy for sure. but I'll call it a Christmas gift.  

Hope both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Barbara, I'm sorry the family get together probably won't happen. I know you will miss seeing everyone.

No Christmas cards got done today. I got most chores done then checked R's credit union and discovered his card was hacked again. So we had to contact the company the order wss from and go to the credit union and cancel his card. More than times in a year and they weren't sure the company would issue him a new card. So he decided not to replace it till sometime next year.

After that I had to pick up Griffyn's prescription and then fish oil capsules for R.

Have a good evening

Tomorrow the cards are a must.

I hope the tsv works for you , Linda. Its good to hear Jean's procedure was a success. I'm sure she is relieved.

I slept better last night. Hopefully tonight will be good too.

Respected Contributor

I am really upset ..I tested positive for Covid. Arghhhh. And I have to be on house arrest until January 3.  This means I cannot get my infusion and I will not e moving well. What a DISasTER. 

So enough of my complaining.

I think I will work on Syds blanket...I only have a couple of inches done.

Linda..I was happy to see the post from Jean.I hope you like your new socks.  I found some ankle length compression things that I will wear when traveling

M is  Driving me nuts with sanitizing , gloves. Masks. I am very careful Mandy now the protocol....she gets a little OCD at times.

Linda..I have never worried about voltaren...I do not overuse. 

Claudia..hope you get those cards done.  I gave up sending cards years ago. It was always fun to send and receive. How does rs card keep getting hacked so much? Maybe it is a good thing to not have it for a while.

Enjoy the day...I am canceling my life for the next 3 weeks🎄🎄🌵🌵

Respected Contributor

Barbara, I'm so sorry you tested positive and will miss your infusion. This is a rotten time of year to have to quarantine. One positive thing is you've had both vaccines plus the booster so it should be mild. Let's look to a better year ahead.

It's not the same but I remember when I shattered my femur 3 days before Christmas and was in the hospital 3 weeks. Just a miserable time.

Finally I got the Christmas cards done and mailed along with Adam's birthday card. I had to go into the post office as one card is going to Canada. Sent a card and check to Whitney's last known address. We'll see if it gets cashed. Also mailed a check to Jamie.

Then I had several things to take to GoodWill. One was a Berkshire blanket that was just too heavy and hot.

I did get an appointment scheduled with an attorney to redo our will. That will be a few days after Christmas.

Honored Contributor

I'm a few days behind on the thread.  Glad to read that V is recovering from covid Barbara.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Claudia I have to watch the weight of the bags of wild bird seeds.  Sometimes when I feel spry I'll try to life a 40 pound bag into the cart.  Mostly I do 2 of the 20 pound bags, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise