Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHopaHOLICs week f January 12.

Oops..hit post instead of return. 

Claudia..hope you are getting your home back in order. Is r feeling ok now?..hope your day has gone well.

stay warm..I am turning on our heater/fireplace.

❄️❄️

Esteemed Contributor

Glad you made it through the infusion, and I hope the headache isn't too bad, Barbara.  I'm sure it is frustrating not to be able to go through the house (other than mentally), but please try to wait until you are feeling okay.  Sounds very cold there.  It is cloudy but in the 70's now.  I don't think it will be quite as warm tomorrow, but not bad.

I thought a lady who is moving and I had agreed to meet for lunch today, but she did not show up.  I did try to call her before I left, but her phone was busy or she did not answer.  Then, I called several times from the restaurant, but the phone was busy.  So, I gave up and left.  Too bad since I wanted to have lunch with her, and some of their specials looked good.  I guess I will try to call her again.  She does not have a computer or cell phone, and I don't think she answers the phone unless she knows who is calling. 

Anyway, I left and went to the Wal-Mart to pick up a few things.  Last Friday, they were out of several things I wanted, but most (not all) were there today.  I can't see paying more for cereal, etc. at the grocery store.

Just back from a nice walk around the neighborhood. 

I don't think DGS or his fiance are at all upset over the lack of a big or even medium-size wedding celebration.  They had told her parents that they planned to just go to the courthouse, and then her Mother said they would pay for a wedding.  I guess a requirement was a wedding in her church, and neither of them wanted to have one there. 

DD is only concerned about possible friction between his fiance's family and him and/or her family.  Apparently, the Mother made some sort of negative remark about her daughter not being like DD (stay-at-home Mom).  Fingers crossed things work out.  It reminds me a little of my SIL's parents -- they did not approve of my brother marrying my SIL because he was not Catholic.  They were married for almost 40 years, and I never met her parents.  I am not sure if my parents did either.

Hope R, your furbabies, and you are feeling okay, Claudia.  Also hope you are getting the house back together.  I am really, really tempted by the Q2 Big Deal (Linea jacket), but I have not ordered yet.  Are you ordering it?  If so, what color?  I also noticed that there will be some whisper knit T-necks to tempt me.  Trying to stay strong.

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda 

Respected Contributor

I ended up ordering the modem jacket and the black and moss whisper knit sweaters.

We picked the dogs up this morning. It was more expensive than I thought. They must have nearly doubled their rates. 10 days added up plus both were groomed. Griffyn hugged and wept. Tip was standoffish but mellowed. I dropped R at bowling and did a few errands. I need to move the cats good and litter boxes out of the bedroom.

Barbara, I hope this infusion helps quite a bit. We are to have snow and ice starting Saturday. R plans to hunt Friday to Saturday. I plan doing things and then find when I set out to do them it's much more involved and time consuming. Would be nice to wiggle my nose and have it done. Lol. Try not to feel stressed. It will end up getting done.

Linda, I'm glad eldest grandson and his fiancee are not too upset about her family backtracking on paying for the wedding. We decided on a Friday to get married on Monday which happened to be Memorial Day. We both happened to have the day off. Didn't much care where but ended up with the chapel at mother's church with 15 people (including ourselves).

It's too bad your lunch didn't work out.

Honored Contributor

Linda I could be wrong however "mother' sounds like trouble already Woman Wink  I'm pleased your grandson and his future like are entering into marriage doing it their way.  It's also good for 'mother' to know she can't buy them to get her way.

I was raised Catholic and my husband wasn't.  We got married in a wedding chapel and I met the guy who was going to officiate the day of the ceremony.  There I was trying to figure out how to get my veil on (good grief, I ended up looking like the unknown comic in pictures) when he introduced himself.  I was sort of happy he was a former priest.  I didn't ask why he transitioned into being a reverend.  I asked him as a former priest if he could please throw in the holy family - I wanted Mary included - in the words he was going to say.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..it is below zero out.🥶🥶🥶 quite a bit os snow is expected tomorrow into Saturday. At least the sunisoutyoday.

i did not get up untilm10..I get a megadose of a steroid and one of the sift effects is not sleeping. My headache was not good either...I did make a grocery run...I am trying to make food Sydnie will eat...she is quite thin. My headache is back so I am going to take something for that soon.

Linda..in-laws can be tricky. We get. Along fine with our kids in-laws, but we are very mellow people. But there can be problems. It sounds as if his fiancé is pretty together. That linea jacket your ordered is lovely...since I have to wear a prescribed outfit for church, I would never use it. 

Claudia..glad you got the pups back..at the lower rate we get for Pepper, it is close to 300 to board her for a week. 

linda, sorry your lunch get together did not work out. 

enjoy your day. ❄️❄️❄️

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening, it has been raining almost all day, and is in the 50's.  I feel a little chilly.  I'm sure I could not handle your temperatures, Barbara.  Sorry your headache was coming back.  Good that you got some groceries, and I hope Syd will eat a bit more. 

I think the jacket will be useful for travel as well as church, etc.  Hopefully, it will not wrinkle and be comfortable.I remember taking the dog(s) to the kennel being expensive, but prices have really gone up since i did so.  Of course, my dog(s) were small like Pepper (or even smaller) not larger like Griffyn or Tip.  I remember that they required the dog(s) to have a vaccine (kennel cough) so that added to the expense, but I thought the kennel price was about $35 - $40 a day.  

Hope you don't get too much snow, Claudia, and R does okay if he does go hunting.  Try to take it slow -- I am the same planning to do much more than I actually get done, but....

I had a Caregivers lunch and meeting today.  No coffee after the meeting, so I made it to the gym.  There were plenty of people in the gym, but not nearly as crowded as last Thursday or the Thursday before -- thank goodness.  I probably won't be going to the gym again until next Tuesday or Thursday, and I will not be able to use the elliptical machines for a a week or two after my procedure tomorrow.

One of my buddies could not attend the meeting since she has conjunctivitis in both eyes.  She also has Macular Degeneration, and needs shots for that -- poor lady.  The lady who told us on Monday that she was moving to CO changed her mind, and is not moving.  She is pretty upset, but has a great tendency to be upset.  There was a new lady at our meeting, and it was such a sad story -- her husband is only in his early 50's and has Stage 4 pancreatic cancer.  He is very depressed.  Meanwhile, she has two fairly young children (oldest is 11), and having a hard time between trying to take care of them and her husband.  

I thought about going to the grocery store to pick up some milk, etc. this afternoon, but the rain and cool temperatures have changed my mind.  I will shop tomorrow morning before my procedure -- at least that is the plan.

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

This afternoon we had snow that turned to ice along with wind. It's a good thing I picked the farm milk up before the snow/ice arrived. The wind was bad enough. It felt strong enough to knock me off balance. Saturday we're to get a bigger storm.

Previously the kennel rates were $15 per dog. It was the same rate as the kennel closer to us. I booked this kennel knowing they'd be able to be groomed while there. I would have opted for the closer kennel but they were full up when the remodel was originally set for the week before Christmas. When I cancelled this kennel I just rescheduled them. If I'd had any idea they changed their rate to around $25 per dog I probably wouldn't have.I

From looking online the closer kennel seems to still be $15. I prefer it because it has air conditioning besides heat and 5-6 exercise yards. The other is adequate but nothing special. Only one exercise yard.

$25 per dog for 10 days plus grooming was an unpleasant surprise.

Linda, I hope tomorrow's procedure goes well. That is very sad about the new lady. She has a lot to deal with.

Barbara, I hope you can get Sydnie to eat a bit more. I hope your headache has improved.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..m and I spent some of the day wrapping things to pack. I did hire movers and will go over next week to get packing materials. I want to get as much of this done before I leave. 

my headache has been tolerable today...and I am able to move more easily. 

Linda..hope your procedure went well today. 

Claudia..I think dog boarding is very expensive no matter where you are., you are going to get the snow that is hitting us right now. 

have a good evening...sleep well. 💕

Esteemed Contributor

Glad you are doing better today and were able to get started with the packing, Barbara.  Good that you have hired a movers.

Hope you are doing okay in the snow, Claudia.  Boarding dogs certainly does add up.

I am back from my procedure, and it went fine.  The doctor was not able to get at some of the veins, so he will be injecting something in them next week.  Apparently, the needles are very small, and I shouldn't have any pain.  He could not do it today because of the numbing he did on the veins.  Such a nice man.  Anyway, this procedure was less complicated than the last one, and I can remove the bandages tomorrow.  He said it would be okay to do yoga next week (I have class before going for the procedure).  No need for a ride next week.

The man who drove me today (volunteer) and his wife moved from MN after going back and forth for many years.  He said they lived near Fargo, North Dakota.  He picked me up in their smaller car because he ran into a javelina last week, and it damaged his larger car.  He said it was just getting dark, and the javelina ran across the road in a flash.  He barely saw it before he hit it, and could not stop.  This was the intersection right near where I go to the senior center every week.  Yikes!

The doctor and I had a discussion about his dog -- 10 years old.  Sounds like quite a character -- 85 pounds of muscle and energy.  He loves the snow and loved going in the ocean.  

DGS told DD that now his fiance wants to be married on the beach in North Carolina over Memorial Day weekend.  Apparently, her family meets there (rents a house) every year, so they could attend with no problem.  DD said they are definitely not going because of the distance and expense.  Apparently, DGS isn't crazy about the idea, but hasn't said anything.  I will not be able to attend since that is when I am going to England.  In any case, getting from here to Nags Head would be quite a chore. 

I know that DD won't be happy if this is where the wedding will be, and I will be sad not to attend.  But, I feel it is the bride's choice more than the grooms.  We will see what happens.  Also not sure about whether his fiance will be going to New Hampshire with him before the wedding.  Glad I'm only the Grandma. 

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Barbara, I'm glad you are able to move about better and the headache isn't as bad.It's a good idea to get as much packed up as you can. Try not to overdo it.

We had some snow and ice this morning- enough for me to shovel. When we went to R's acupuncture appointment it was 19°. If the forecast is correct tomorrow will be bad. R is at hunting camp. Selfishly I hope he doesn't get a deer. I have no desire to help wrap another.

if we go to R's reunion near DC I will be sure to check rates at the other boarding kennel. Last I saw it was $14 per dog and the setup much better.

I'm glad the procedure went well, Linda. It sounds like next week's procedure should be fairly easy and pain free. I imagine your DGS and his fiancee may change their minds at least another time or two. Aren't you glad you aren't in the middle of that? I don't envy your DD.

I have more to do with the bathroom. Eventually I hope to find a small piece of furniture to fit where the corner cabinet used to be. Meanwhile I picked up a 3 drawer plastic storage unit at WalMart. Maggie Mae has found she can flatten herself and crawl under the sink cabinet. The others are too big. She looks very silly.