Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHopaHOLICs week f January 12.

Good morning...I am up..did not get out of bed untilm8:30....v has been taking Pepper in the morning. I am doing some laundry and getting the few things I am taking home together. 

pepper seems to enjoy running by the golf cart..she should lose that weight pretty quickly. Syd wanted me to bring her home but I said no.

Linda, what kind of antenna did you get ?  We are definitely going to get rid of our satellite. It will be vs job to get it setup.  We have 2 TVs so the initial outlay will be a bit , but, we will save $$ in the long run.

Claudia...hope the remodel will be done soon. Hope ris feeling better.

a woman came to the dog park an amidst coughing, said she had the flu. She was in the big park., away from me, but pepper and I quickly left. I used a plastic bag to open the gate and scrubbed my hands when I got home. Some people have no brains.

have a great day. 😎😊

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHopaHOLICs week f January 12.

You must have needed the rest, Barbara.  That is something about the lady in the dog park.  I don't know why people decide it is "okay" to infect others.  Glad Pepper likes running with the golf cart.  Are you going home by yourself (no V along?)  

The antennas (I needed two, but ordered them separately to make sure they worked) are [LATEST 2020] Amplified HD Digital TV Antenna Long 120 Miles Range - Support 4K 1080p Fire tv Stick and All Older TV's Indoor Powerful HDTV Amplifier Signal Booster - 18ft Coax Cable/AC Adapter from Amazon.  They were less than $30 each.  One gets more channels than the other due to location, but both get lots of channels.  But, I like having a streaming device and service as well.  One of my Roku devices worked well with Sling, but the other was too old.  I replaced the older Roku, and it cost about $30.  

If you don't get a streaming service like Hulu or Sling, you still can get other channels using the Roku (and I imagine the Fire stick as well).  Roku has its own channel, and you can watch free movies or rent them.  

I'm back from the "new" church, and I really, really like it.  I'm pretty sure I will be changing my membership   But, I'm not rushing to do so.  The later service (the one I attended), is very contemporary with different music than what I am used to, but lots of fun.  The early service is "traditional", and I might try it someday or maybe not.  They did sing a couple of my favorite hymns.  I met a very nice lady there ("greeter"), and we got into quite a serious and good discussion before the service. 

I hate to go to the gym later than usual, but that is what I have to do if I go to "late" church.  

Glad you got your internet and cable back, Claudia.  Glad you like the paint colors.  That vintage train ride sounds fun.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Today was chillier than yesterday. Strong winds overnight caused a number of areas around to lose power. I heard some trees were down also. Luckily we did not lose power in town. I saw online there was a phone line down across one road at chest height and only 2 cones as markers. They said crews had been out since 5 am.

2 of our garbage cans blew over. I'm grateful the lids stayed on.

I freshened the cats' water dispensers. Not easy since I had to carry the old water downstairs in a bucket to dump. I took 2 one gallon water bottles upstairs to refill everything.

Glad you got some extra sleep, Barbara. Smh over the lady going to the dog park. Some people lack common sense.

R's cough is worse. It's back to the clinic tomorrow I guess.

I'm glad you like the new church, Linda.

R has read a lot of WW ll histories. So I hope he enjoys the train trip. I splurged on first class for the air conditioning. Another short drive from us there's a yearly reenactment of the Bridge over Remagen. The bridge in the town is quite similar to the original and the countryside is similar. We've not gone due to the crowds and amount of walking.

Respected Contributor

Good morning...I am at the airport. I have about an hour to wait. I used a wheelchair and the man pushing said to stay in the chair...I did not have to take off my shoes and had a simplified pat down. That will make it easier for v next time we travel.

i am taking the car in tomorrow..m said the check engine light came on so v said to get it checked out. I called our service guy and he will check it tomorrow. 

Linda, I am happy that you like your new church..music is a very important part of my worship. Glad you found a ride for your vein procedure on Friday.hope dgd finds out her results soon. 

Claudia..wonder if you took r to the dr. Today. Your train trip sounds wonderful

e joy your day. It will be below zero part of this week.🥶🥶

Esteemed Contributor

Hope R's cough is better and/or he got some help at the clinic, Claudia.  Also hope you and your furbabies are okay.  Interesting about that bridge.  It should be warmer here the next few days, which I will enjoy.  Still very chilly in the morning (at least for Arizona).

Glad you got the wheelchair and the check-in was easier for you Barbara.  Sorry you have to take the car in, but those things happen.  I really hope your infusions help a great deal.  Also hope you stay warm in that cold weather.

I got a reminder from the hospice volunteer coordinator about not "crossing the threshold" of the bathroom with the patients.  I will do better next time.  The problem is that I get so concerned about the patients falling in the bathroom when they are unstable, etc., but I figured I was overstepping.  Oh well....

Strong bones went okay today -- I was the leader, and I have been house cleaning since then.  DD said that oldest DGS and his fiance came for dinner last night, and her parents will be coming in a week.  All seems okay, but no wedding information yet.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. The funny thing about the church music is that I have changed.  Years ago, I went to a service with contemporary music, guitars, etc., and really did not care for it.  Now I really like it. 

Respected Contributor

Hope you had a good flight, Barbara. Keep warm. Fingers crossed the infusions help.

The bathroom will be finished tomorrow. New baseboard is up plus molding. The shower doors were installed along with the sink and toilet. The door is up but needs doorknobs which they'll bring. They'll be bringing the shower bench tomorrow too.

We went over R's X-Ray results. Nothing broken just bruised. It doesn't help that that's the side his lung damage is on. His cough seems slightly better. Hopefully he's getting over the cough/cold and won't develop bronchitis. The use of an inhaler has helped decrease the number of times he gets bronchitis.

Tomorrow I will contact the kennel to see if we can pick the dogs up before R's senior bowling on Wednesday.

It's interesting your taste in church music has changed over time, Linda. Very glad your ride is set up for the surgery.

I had quite a time corraling the cats this morning. First, long lean Toby was trotting down the hall. Caught up with him only to find Merry in the hall. I managed to get her into the bedroom and walked around the corner and found her brother Pippen. Pippen goes into the bedroom but Toby scooted out. I'm looking forward to not having to shut the cats away. Not looking forward to putting things back in the bathroom.

Respected Contributor

Chilly greetings from the land of ice and snow.  The temp is falling..we are having snow tomorrow when I have to drive to my infusion. I had tye car checked out this morning and noting wrong could be found. 

as usual, m had little food in the house. I have no idea what they eat when I am not here. Clloking has never been a high priority for her. 

she picked some huge boxes that are much to big too handle..so they will have to be broken down.yikes...

We are expecting a lot of snow on Friday, so I have the feeling v and amie may not make it down.i have not talked to them yet. 

Claudia glad your remodel went so well...unlike. Ours that took 4 months. Hope you get your doggies home soon.

Linda..this is your volunteer day.are you supposed to be left alone when you visit your hospice patients?..  

enjoy your day..I will attempt to stay warm. 🥶🥶

Respected Contributor

1. So far the remodel has gone well. They finished up today caulking the shower so no testing that out till tomorrow. Soon I'll want to replace the window on the driveway side. For now it will be finding a place to put everything back. Some of the cats inspected the bathroom and seemed rather horrified. No place to hide.

I have no idea how that #1. showed up and I can't get rid of it.

I'm glad nothing was found wrong with the car. Hope the forecast is wrong and Amir and V will be able to get down.

How awful to have a bathroom remodel take 4 months.

Tomorrow morning we're picking the dogs up one at a time. Griffyn will be a handful with his weeping, wailing, and hugging. We should be finished before R's noon bowling.

Linda, I hope your volunteer lunch went well.

Esteemed Contributor

Glad your car was okay, Barbara.  Hope the weather isn't a problem for you or for your children coming there.  I wonder if M's lack of interest in cooking (and perhaps eating?) has been part of the reason for Syd being so thin.  Maybe not, but.....   Four months for a remodel would drive me crazy.  We were fortunate to have some of the remodeling done here when we were back in Maryland.   Our neighbor/contractor was totally reliable, and there were no surprises.  In Maryland, my brother did a lot of the renovations, and he was quick.

I guess I don't know what you mean, but if I understand you correctly, I am expected to be on my own with the hospice patient if the object is caregiver relief.  One time, I just went grocery shopping for the family, so I wasn't alone with the patient.  The idea is if the person falls or has other new health issues, I should call hospice.  They will send over a nurse as soon as they can.  My problem is that I (based on experience with DH) am very concerned about falls, particularly in the bathroom.  Fortunately, my "regular" patient has not needed to use the bathroom when I have been there (maybe once).  

The senior lunch program went okay, but the food wasn't warm enough in time, so we were late in serving.  They had a presentation, so people weren't too upset.  The gym went fine, and I have been doing a bunch of e-mailing and calling trying to set up bookclub meetings for this year.  

Glad the remodel is finished, Claudia.  Also glad you have a plan for getting the dogs home and the cats have checked out the remodel.

Today DD told me that DGS' fiance's parents have withdrawn their offer to pay for the wedding.  DD thinks it is because they do not want to be married in the Catholic Church, but she is not sure.  Looks like they will just go to the courthouse and not have a party.  While DD and my SIL offered to pay for a party, DGS and his fiance declined.  Probably for the best to avoid any conflict with her parents (particularly her mother).  While I am a bit disappointed, I have to admit I was a bit concerned about the timing, travel cost, etc.  Hopefully, they will at least take some pictures.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..I survived the infusion itself. I know I am going to get a headache and my vision is a little blurry. M was able to tajkeme, even though I could have driven myself. 

I am mentally going through the house and plan to startinour room tomorrow if I feel ok. Iwould like to ge stuff moved and into storage before I leave so m does not have to deal with that. I am pretty sure that I will have no visitors this weekend because the weather is going to be bad.m

Linda..it's too bad that your dgs had to change his wedding plans..v was not my religion and I did not care which church we married in, but because my parents paid for all, it was my church.  I am a recovering catholic and  was under the impression it did not matter anymore. I am sure it will work out.

thanks for answering my question about your hospice volunteering. Itis understandablewhy volunteers should not put themselves in a potential liability. 

it is going to be below zero tomorrow.arghhh.🥶🥶