Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOpALOCIS week of January 5

We got home around 4:30. It certainly feels like a long day. R had the X-Ray after his dental appointment. Definitely more pain than yesterday. We had lunch/ early supper at Outback Steakhouse. Stubborn man is at bowling.

Tomorrow he has his acupuncture appointment at the clinic and I told him to be sure to ask if his doctor had the X-Ray results.

The new floor is in the bathroom and the lower walls have primer. Oh my goodness we have a floor vs. an ancient shades of brown ugly carpet. R thinks I could fit the corner cabinet in but I think it would be to tight a fit once in. It would be in a corner between the shower and the door to the bathroom. The shower will have a door instead of a curtain. A certain cat by the name of Fitz has a hobby of chewing shower curtains and was teaching Maggie Mae. I think a better place for the corner cabinet/hutch is on the landing if we decide to keep it.

You have done well setting up the various devices, Linda. Hope the hospice visit went well. Fingers crossed for your DGD. Also hope you can find a ride for the surgery.

Barbara, I'm glad you are feeling better. I wouldn't be looking forward to sorting and throwing out either but I guess it has to be done.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..we are taking friends out to eat tonight and I am not in the mood to eat much of anything. It is a pizza place known for their Chicago style pizzas.  We shall see. 🤪

m now has a top amount she can pay for a mortgage...the will help greatly I. Her home search. She wants me to help her figure out a budget. I told her that will help her a lot.

Linda...I am not doing anything about our tv yet...v said he is going to check out equipment while I am gone. How did your newhospice visit go. Any news on dgd,

Claudia..your bathroom remodel sounds as if it is progressing. Hope ris feeling better.

pepper wants to go to the dog park..she really knows her schedule.

enjoy the rest of your day.💕💕

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Hope R's acupuncture helped, Claudia.  Sounds like the remodel is moving along.  I prefer a door to a shower curtain for the shower since I can't seem to avoid getting water on the floor.  I do have a shower curtain in the bath with a tub and shower combination.  But, I use that for baths.

Have fun at dinner, Barbara.  Glad M has decided on a mortgage amount and will accept your budgeting help.  I think you are V are wise to take your time with the TV change or possible change.  This has been on my mind for quite a while.  If the antenna didn'r work well, I probably would have sent it back and just paid for the cable.  I think V loves sports, and there are choices about which sports channels you get -- different bundles, etc.

My hospice visit was pretty wild.  Turned out to be an elderly couple and their daughter.  The daughter was taking her Dad up to a doctor in preparation for a pacemaker.  Her Mom already has a pacemaker, and she has dementia.  Anyway, there were phone calls (she told me to answer) and even a visitor from the Catholic church. I had to help the Mom with the bathroom, and their little dog kept barking at me.  

Much to my surprise the daughter came back with her Dad quite early (more than an hour early), and it turned out that she had the day wrong.  Not only that, the doctor wasn't there, so he couldn't fit them in.  It is a pretty sad story -- her Dad refuses to do anything without his wife, and she can't do much of anything.  They have pretty much outlived their money and energy.  The daughter is trying to find a house to rent because the place they are living (very nice senior facility) is quite expensive.  

DD said DGD's scan went fine, but they will not find the results until her ear doctor calls back, and he has not done so yet.

I went to my exercise classes this morning, and then took the cable equipment to UPS (they provided me with a label).  Then, I went to the grocery stores plus Wal Mart.  It feels chilly to me today -- I think it only made it up to the 50's and should be in the upper 20's or low 30's tonight.  I will be covering the outdoor plants.

Hope both of you sleep well tonight.

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- I forgot to mention that when I bought my house in Maryland, I didn't realize how expensive the "closing costs" would be -- taxes, loan origination, real estate agent, etc., etc.  They told me to plan for 4 percent charge, which was a lot given the home prices.  I ended up taking more of a loan than I had  planned to cover the extra 4 percent.  Fortunately, I was able to put quite a bit down, but......  Hopefully, things have changed after all these years and/or things are better in MN than MD.

Respected Contributor

Delivery van for neighbor knocked down our cable wire. City going to cut it then we wait for Atlantic Broadband to repair. May not have internet for the weekend. 

Esteemed Contributor

Bad news, Claudia.  I would be beyond frustrated. 

Respected Contributor

Good morning..v cleaned the floors for me..I have one bathroom done and one to go. I made a run to jjill to return some items and ended up purchasing an outfit on sale. I am having trouble getting pants to fit so I am wearing a lot of leggings. But I was naughty. Lol

i amntrying to eat more but it is hard. There is a naturopathic doctor. Here who specializes in Ra. The nurses at the hospital thought he was good so I am going to schedule a visit after I get back. 

Linda..we already know what our projected fees will be for the broker and closing...she prepared several scenarios depending on what the house sells for. 

your hospice visit sounded pretty wild. I did not realize that you were expected to provide care also.you are such a good person.

i am sure that we will do the change to streaming...but not for a while.

Claudia.hope your internet gets fixed sooner rather than later.

(((hugs)))

Esteemed Contributor

Spoiler

Good Morning/Afternoon.  Glad you and V got some cleaning done, Barbara.  Hope the new doctor can help, and you can get your appetite back.  I keep hearing about people with eating problems -- just no appetite.  I think it is pretty common with hospice patients, but it seems more and more people are having trouble.  I'm sure your new outfit will come in handy. 

My work buddy has been losing weight for a while (no medical or appetite reason, but....), and is down to two pairs of pants.  I keep telling her to at least visit the thrift shop where you can often get pants for $3 or less.  But, she hates shopping.  Quite different from me.  She is quite a bit taller than me and still weighs more than me, so I know my pants would not fit her.

Glad M has things figured out.  I was able to adjust my budget, but the whole closing cost thing really surprised me since it was the first time buying on my own plus buying a much more expensive house and not selling an old one.  It turned out to be much easier when I sold the house to move here.  Go figure.

I believe we are not really supposed to help with the bathroom, and I know we are not allowed to give medication, etc., but I really am uncomfortable with letting people who are so unstable, etc., try to go to the bathroom by themselves.  The patients are wearing "pull ups", so I guess I could just ignore the whole thing, but....  Hope I don't get in any trouble for helping out.

As you may have read on the other thread, I have a ride for my vein procedure (volunteer).  I have a "newcomers" meeting this afternoon, and plan to visit my regular hospice patient after the meeting.  Busy day.

Hope you get your internet back soon, Claudia, and you, R, and your furbabies are doing okay.

Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

We do have cable and internet now. I'm glad we didn't have to wait till Monday.

we had gone to Bob Evans for supper. When we got home I saw the wires down. Soon the police stopped and told us the fire department would be cutting the wires so the delivery truck could leave so I very hastily typed a message. The new wires are higher and it appears a better set up.

Day 5 of the remodel - painting is finished. It's a medium heat on the lower portion of the walls and much lighter on the upper portion. I was unaware there were going to be 2 colors but am pleased with the results. The sink is in the bathroom but has not been hooked up.

That was quite a hospice visit, Linda.

Barbara, I'm glad you found an outfit you like. It's always good to know closing cost estimates.

I reserved seats on a vintage train ride for mid June that has a WW 'll re-enactment. It's the first day of Art in the Wilds but I will go on the 2nd day of the show.

We have a high wind warning for late tonight.