Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPHOLICs week of October 15

Good afternoon..I went to the big Mesa Market...kind of a gingantic flea market to check out pricing for a new screen door. We have an 8 foot tall door which adds mega $$$ to the price. We are not going to do it now...need to save some money first. The walking about finished me..my pain level,is high right now..I am going to start the weekly injections on Tuesday along with some prednisone.yikes.

i plan on doing little for the rest of the day...ribs are in the crockpot so an easy dinner.

M is very incapable of long term planning so ..she now wants to go home for the interim..

i an biting my tongue because you know how I like things plAnned out in advance. Breathe.....lol🤪

othing exciting here. Enjoy your day.🌺🌺

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPHOLICs week of October 15

Good Afternoon!  Sorry you are in pain, Barbara. Also sorry to hear about M not being able to do long-term planning.  That would drive me crazy, and I would need to do a little deep breathing.  What are the weekly injections?  Sorry I don't remember.  

Nothing exciting here either.  I'm back from church and the gym, and I actually got my ironing done yesterday.  So, I should be doing other things around the house. but I'm not sure how much work I'll do.

After thinking about it for quite a while, I decided to purchase an urn for DH's ashes, at least my half of the ashes.  I found a nice one on Amazon this morning.  I don't know when I might be able to spread his ashes, but I know it will not be any time soon.  

Hope things are going okay with you, Claudia, and both of you have a nice evening.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon...

Claudia...hope everything is ok...

i had my port flush..It went fine but getting registered was a pain...I will,have to do that each time because it iscar a hospital facility. The people were very nice..

v is playing bridge this afternoon and I am going to take Pepper out to the dog park shortly. I walked her around the block...I hurt but need to keep on moving.

We are due for more rIn tomorrow... I need to put on regular length pants ,,lol.

hope everyone is having a good day.😍😍

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  Sorry getting your port flushed took longer than usual due to the registration process, Barbara.  But, I guess that going to a different hospital would require more wait time.  Hope Pepper enjoys the dog park.  Too bad you have pain, but I know it is important to keep moving.  I just sat for an hour or so yesterday evening (doing Italian lessons), and boy was a stiff when I got up.  Really kind of worried me.  Fortunately, I don't have issues when I walk, but.....

We are expecting rain this evening and maybe tomorrow along with cooler temperatures.  I decided to wear long pants -- not just due to the cooler weather, but also since I prefer the look of long pants on me.   I even put some of my capris away yesterday.

I guess I'm sort of on a roll with travel.  Today I signed up for a day trip at the end of November.  We will be going to the Phoenix Botanical Garden and the Eddie Basha Collection (Western art).  I think the trip is overpriced, but it is pretty easy to just show up at a recreation center nearby and let someone else take care of the driving, etc.  And, I want to have things to look forward to before my trips next year.

Starting to worry about you and R, Claudia.  I hope everything is okay.

Have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Honest, I posted yesterday but I don't see it now.

Another rainy day here. I did get my hair trimmed though.

R is gradually improving. Talking about going to hunting camp this weekend depending on the weather.

Enjoy November's trip, Linda.

Will Pepper stay with you, Barbara or go back with M if she goes home for the winter? Glad you were able to get the port flushed without going back up north.

Hopefully this posting will work.

Esteemed Contributor

So happy you are okay, Claudia.  Glad R is better.  Whew!

Respected Contributor

Good morning...it was very chilly this morning...I should have worn a sweater rather than what I had on when I took Pepper to the dog park. 

My community choir hair starts this afternoon..wonder how many are here.???

nothingbexciting going on...

Claudia happy to see you post.  

Linda...your trip here sounds like fun...I am glad you are doing  some traveling now.

m and I came up with a plan for the holidays..but Syd wants to go home to see her friends. She is going to stay with the home school program, which is a good thing.

i go back to la for a week on Friday. 🤪

have a a wonderful day..by the wat, I did buy the fleece jacket yesterday...I read the thread about barefoot dreams vs fleece and there is no similarity. I own a number of bd sweaters and love them

🌼🌼

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  It was chilly here this morning, Barbara.  Still not too hot (upper 60's, I think).  Hope you like the TSV from yesterday -- what color did you get? I agree with you that there is no comparison between BD and Cuddl Duds, but I think each has its place.

Glad you have come up with a plan for the holidays and Syd is sticking with home schooling.  Hope your LA trip goes well.  Are you feeling better today?  Enjoy the community choir.

I'm back from the senior lunch program that went pretty well.  One man who had a walker fell down, but he did not hurt himself.  He was new, and it was strange that his wife got up in the middle of the meal (said it was an emergency), and he was waiting for her to return when he fell.  Wonder what was going on with her.

DH's DD called yesterday evening and I passed along the idea that they could give me some money out of the trust (as suggested by the CPA).  She said that she wasn't sure about her brother, and didn't know quite how to bring up the subject.  In the end, I think she will call him at some point and tell him that she is planning to give me some money for my efforts.  If he says great idea, or something similar, she will tell him about the trust payment idea.  If not, she will drop the subject and just go with her plan to give me some of her money.  Not sure when this might happen, but hopefully before the end of the year (in terms of their discussion.)

Much to my surprise, it seems as if the money was transferred to their accounts today.  This is really fast in that she just sent the forms off yesterday.  Assuming that this worked as well as it seems, I plan to do another set of forms to transfer more money from the trust to them fairly soon.  I'm still waiting on a couple of other payments (closing out accounts so that I can put more money into the trust), but I think I'm starting to see light at the end of the tunnel as they say.

Hope all is going okay there, Claudia.  DD said it is pretty cold in Maryland.  She also said that DGD's first day went okay, and she prefers the job to the one in the cheese shop (of course, she makes more money and doesn't have to stand all day which helps.)

Hope both of you have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda.

Respected Contributor

Tomorrow night we may get some snow. Probably an inch or less. Today started out cool but warmed up.

R is off to bowling. I hope he doesn't over do. This morning I managed to go through a few more drawers, carried a bin up to the attic and changed the bedding. Also dropped off a bag of donations. Now I just need to do the cat litter.

I see lots of tempting offers for trips but try to ignore them. After the kitchen the next big project will be the upstairs bathroom or the porches. I'm debating whether we should extend the floating floor into the dining room. If also like to replace the Windows in the back room.

I received a card from my college roommate. She has moved from staying with her younger sister into a nearby assisted living. She suggested lunch but forgot to include her new address or phone. I sent a note to her sister's address.

Sticking with home schooling for now is a good idea, Barbara.it's good the holidays are planned. Have a safe trip back to LA.

Linda, it's good to hear the estate work is moving along. I'm glad your DGD enjoys the new job. Standing all day is difficult.

Respected Contributor

Good morning..it is cool here..not as much as yesterday, and it will be in the upper 70s later. I have a lunch date with a dear friend so that will be fun.

we are going to cancel our lease with budget ,mreturn the car in la and go to Hertz...there is a reason to use a better car rental. M said she will help me take care of it...

i did my first actenra injection yesterday..I still had the headache but not as bad . And my joints feel better..

Linda...I hope dhs son agrees..that was an interesting comment for his dd to make, but then I recall that his wife does not like her. Hope it works out. My lack of clutter here is very good..v is even cleaning up his piles..lol.

Claudia..hope bowling was not too much for r...and I hope you can connect with your roommate. One of my friends here is in assisted living and I need to visit her. 

Have a wonderfulday.😘😘