Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHolics..WEEK OF APRIL9

I was out of the house this morning....played bridge and then ran to get milk, which I forgot yesterday. V is playing more bridge this afternoon. I have laundry going and need to practice my song for tonight.

M called ..she was out feeling well , thought she might have strep so she and Sydnie went to urgent care. Sydnie s culture came back full of strep..ms was negative. Sydcwas showing no signs of being sick. So they are both on antibiotics send Sydnie had to stay home today, which did not make her happy. 

No no news on the memorial yet excep that I will be singing.

hope you are both having a good day.

Esteemed Contributor

Hope Adam gets the job, Claudia.  That is if he wants the job.  Glad R is approved for the shoes and the physical therapy.  

Sorry Syd has strep, Barbara.  I'm sure your singing at the memorial will be very good.  Also sure you will do great tonight.

I didn't sleep well last night, but I am doing okay now.  I made it to the gym and to feed DH lunch.  He was okay except his eyes were bothering him. So, I put in his eye drops.  The hospice nurse should be visiting this afternoon.

DH's DD e-mailed me to say that the hospital is very disorganized, and she doesn't have much to do.  The promised anesthesiologist was not there and the machine is broken.  So, she is unable to operate, etc.  She considered coming home early, but decided to stay for the processions, etc. of Easter week.  She should return on Sunday.

Nothing exciting going on with DD, but that is probably a good thing.  

Hope both of you have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Barbara, I'm sure you're singing at tonight's service will be excellent.. How nice you will be singing at your sil's service. What a shame Sydnie has strep again. At least they found it early on and hopefully M will not get it.

Sorry you did not sleep well, Linda. Too bad DH's daughter is not able to do surgeries. Such a shame equipment was not working and the anesthesiologist was not available. I'm glad  things seem calm with DD and household..

Griff had his yearly shots today and behaved well for the most part. There was an uncertain grr in the waiting area when a man came in and stood there. However I got up and stood in front of Griff and he settled down. He weighs in at 120 pounds which was my estimate. He also walked well on the leash. He does not heel but walks at your pace. R later walked him down the street. Griff is the first dog we've had since our newfies in the early 90's that matches his pace to the person walking him.. In the early 90's, Paddington our first newfie would pick up McBruin's leash and walk him about the house and yard.

Esteemed Contributor

Glad Griff behaved pretty well yesterday, Claudia.  He outweighs me, by the way.  Of course, I am pretty short and small-boned.  That is cute about your other dog walking a dog.  A man in the neighborhood "walks" his dog from his golf cart.  Old dog and man, and the golf cart goes very slowly.  I see him often, and this morning another dog was walking on the sidewalk (by his owner) and went crazy jumping and barking at the golf cart dog who just kept walking..

I'm sure your singing went well yesterday, Barbara.  Hope you are doing okay today -- no aches.  That is something about your neighbor's kids yelling and screaming so loud that people on the phone can hear them.  Sound out of control to me, but who knows.

Youngest DGS is not coming home for Easter, and the cafeteria is closed until Tuesday.  So, DD rushed to transfer money to him, and he took Uber to the grocery store.  Yikes!  Apparently, his friends went home, so he could not get a ride.  

I want to pick up a few groceries later and visit DH, of course.  He had a good visit with the hospice nurse.  He is being evaluated again to see if he can stay on hospice.  Hopefully, that will not be a problem.  I would not want to try and replace their services/supplies/equipment.  He seems to really like the nurse and the caregiver.

Another hot and dry day here.  

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

We are leaving for home tomorrow. The funeral service is to be on Thursday. So we have been scrambling..I was able to give our excess food to a neighbor...but lots to do quickly. I am glad I am pretty well organized. 

M kind of flipped out this morning ...she always does what is called sideways behavior when she is upset. She loved vs sister a lot and I have been expecting some kind of reaction. She got upset about yet guneral saying Sydnie could not miss dance etc. the funeral is locally in the morning, by the way. She hung up on me and has her phone turned off. Oh my....not unexpected. So I ave stepped back. I do not know hat kind of internet I will have on the way home.

i will post as I can.

My singing went well last night..I even got an email from the pastor about how moving it was. 😍

Linda sounds as if your day is going well. My sil did have a feeding tube on hospice. 

Claudia, hope your day is going well. 

Happy easter is I do not have a chance to post. 

Respected Contributor

Oh my, you are having to scramble, Barbara. Have a safe trip home. No surprise to me that your singing went very well last night. I hope M settles down even though you expected the reaction.

Today is warm. Thunder storms though are forecast for the weekend. I mowed today- I've never mowed in mid April before.. last night we were told Bo's ashes are ready for pickup. The emergency vet is only open hours the regular vet's are closed. Tonight they open at 8. Tomorrow they open in the afternoon and stay open till 7 AM Monday. R suggested driving up there tonight (60miles one way) and having dinner. However he keeps calling asleep. I will probably need to drive there Sunday.

Linda, I certainly hope your DH can continue under hospice care. I'm sure a review is mandated every so often. Too bad your DGS will not be home for Easter but good your DD was able to transfer funds for groceries.

We assembled one new cat tree last night and the cats are taking their time examining it. The old one is partially disassembled.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry it is such a long drive at an odd time to pick up Bo's ashes, Claudia.  Not exactly an uplifting/happy occasion, but a necessary one.  It is very dry here, but warm.  

Goodness Barbara.  Hope your trip home goes home despite being such a rush.  Also hope M is better by the time you get there.  I am not sure if hospice allows for feeding tubes here, but both DH and I declined that sort of intervention in our medical powers of attorney, etc., and hospice knows his wishes.  

DH was doing well today, but some of the others were acting a bit crazy today. That is not uncommon, unfortunately. Tomorrow is Larry's birthday, so I expect his family will be visiting.  

Hope both of you sleep well.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Hope your trip to MN went okay, Barbara.  Forgive me for not being sure, but is it V who has a brother with cancer who refuses to seek treatment?  In any case, having one sibling pass away is bad enough, especially since his sister suffered from such a horrible disease.  Please share my condolences with V.

Hope your day is going well, Claudia.  And, getting Bo's ashes isn't too difficult.  

Hugs to both of you.

When I visited earlier, DH was doing okay, but his eyes were bothering him, and he was wearing the grip belt again.  His spirits were good.  No sign of Larry's family at lunch, but two other spouses were there.  Both of them had lunch, but I did not.  It is pretty rare for me to eat with them since by the time I feed DH, my meal is cold.  And, trying to eat and feed him is not very easy.

We received a revised form for one of DH's brokerage accounts today.  Talk about a day late.  Anyway, I went through it pretty much line-by-line, and there was only one change, and it did not affect the balance. And, it was only $25 different.  I guess I will call the tax preparer, but I don't want to pay more for tax preparation for something so minor.  At least I think it is minor.

Doing laundry and my weekly financial review along with a bunch of walking.  Nothing exciting to be sure.

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Late afternoon R decided we would pick up Bo's ashes and stop for dinner. We just got home.

Earlier I talked to Dylan and Bryan plus Adam. Adam got the job! He has a physical plus drug test next week. There's also another opening there at a higher starting pay that has closed yet so that may be a possibility.

Poor V. It's hard to lose a sibling even when it was expected. Then to have another ill. It's certainly a tough time for both of you.

Linda, I'm glad your DH's spirits are good. I would say it's impossible to feed someone and eat. Fingers crossed on the taxes. Frustrating to say the least.

I'm off to bed. Have a good sleep.