Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHolics..WEEK OF APRIL9

I am still mulling over what to order from Linea. I certainly have more than enough clothes. I've ruled out the dress as I seldom get dressed up. Also ruled out the snap top because the colors are too light for me. I may just settle for the pebble crepe top and pants.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning.  Sorry your AC has to be replaced, Barbara.  I'm sure that is expensive, but quite necessary here in Arizona.  Fingers crossed that Syd's dance schedule will be changed so you can take your summer trip.  Glad you are enjoying that skin care so much.  I have pretty much decided that any major change will require surgery.  And, I'm not planning to have cosmetic surgery.  

Sorry you aren't completely happy with TT's ear, Claudia.  Hope it clears up completely very soon.  Sounds like you had a very busy day yesterday.  The Post Office parking sounds awful.  DD said it was warm there as well.

Youngest DGS has dropped the course he found so difficult.  His counselor, coach, and the professor suggested he do so.  If he needs it, he can take it at the community college.  Meanwhile oldest DGS finally got his transcripts, and was taking them to the community college yesterday.

Everything went well yesterday -- very busy day, but good.  DH was fine, and I fed him both lunch and dinner since I made it there before dinner was served (that was a surprise).  The lunch was very good.  Our neighbor had invited a couple -- winter visitors from MN.  They live near a lake in MN.  Nice people.  And, the host(ess) did her usual great job.  The bookclub was nice, and the weather was so good we had it out on the patio.  We are skipping May, so the next meeting will be in June.

I had a call from the tax preparer that my taxes are ready.  Much to my delight, we do not have to pay, and will be getting a small refund.  Also, no need to pay estimated taxes for the first quarter.  I'm pretty sure we will need to pay later, and we owe the tax preparer, but.......

Need to get ready for the senior lunch program now.  Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I had a fun, bust morning. I played cards and decided to get our Easter dinner ha,.

we are going to have to replace the Prius..I t will cost around 7500 to replace the ac and touchscreen. The car is 9 years old and it is not worth it to spend that much on a repair. The ac does work, you just cannot turn it off.

imthink I have talked v into looking at certified used cars. We will get either a Prius or Camry...but will,wait until,after we get home. Ann unexpected expense..yikes.

Linda..I laughed at your comment that only surgery will help your skin. What I use has caused a very positive change in my skin....I really love it. More on that later.

Glad you had a good visit with dh yesterday. You continue to take wonderful care of him

it was good that dgs dropped that course...I wonder if that is offered at community colleges??? Where v taught did not have that level.

Busy day for you yesterday, Claudia. Your post office sounds like a mess. Hope r is feeling ok. 

I am am going to get everything organized to come home. My sil is still hanging on.

have a god day.

Respected Contributor

Linda..happy dance about your taxes.😍

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry about the Prius, Barbara.  DH's car (the one I am driving) is nearly 8 years old.  I'll keep it as long as it is practical.  Not sure what I'll do about replacing it.  The certified used car seems like a smart idea, but then I might not get some of the latest features which are quite appealing.  You probably have backup cameras, etc. already, and I would really love to have one.  Hope I don't need to face that decision any time soon.

It turns out that we do have to pay estimated taxes for this year, but the first payment came out of our refund.  I need to go over the forms, but I'm still a very happy camper.  

DH's friend's daughter who lives in PA sells that product you use.  And, she totally loves it.  My problem is not so much with my skin (although that could use some improvement), but my jowls and wrinkled neck, etc.  Glad you are so happy with your skin.

DD tells me that his community college does offer that course.  Hopefully, that will be the case when he is taking classes there.

Respected Contributor

Linda, what good news about your taxes. Our Chevy has the backup camera plus lane change alerts. I really like it. The suv is a 2009 and doesn't have it. I miss it when using the suv. I am not the greatest at backing up. I'm still amazed I was able to back up to the front steps (without hitting them) when we needed to transport Bo so suddenly.

Wow. That is a big expense, Barbara. I would agree that it's best to replace it. I hate those unexpected expenses. At least the air conditioning still works. A couple years ago my brother told me you could run the heat and ac simultaneously. I had complained the ac was too cold on a low setting but it was too warm when I turned it off. I'm sure it's a very difficult time for your bil and family.

Today it's raining. I did get out and had my hair trimmed. I'm going to wash it again and see what I can do with it. R's yearly checkup at the VA clinic is 8 am so I'll need to be up and dressed early. I have a wood chair to drop off at GoodWill which is on our way. I also want to stop at Aldi's on our way home

I'm not happy about jowls and neck wrinkles either, Linda. Don't want cosmetic surgery but I sure wouldn't mind waking up without them. 

Griff ate half his dinner then moseyed into the living room. As soon as he saw TT he remembered half his dinner was in the kitchen and TT might want it. He turned about and scrambled for the kitchen as fast as he could.

Respected Contributor

Good morning. It will be rather warm today..in the low 90s. And we are under an ozone alert. We are 30 miles east of Phoenix in the foothills of the superstition mountain, so we avoid the air quality is not an issue. 

My my sil died last night. It is a good thing to complete the long good bye. My bil, said that her service will be after Easter, probably towards the end of the month. We should have some time to get ready..

I have a massage this morning...I need to find someone up north that is as good as mine here. Not too likely.

Claudia...hope the va visit goes well. Pepper got into suds garbage can and there were Kleenex all over. We call her nuisance.

Linda, I see the postings on your nephews horses. It is nice he can do what he likes. I hope you have a good dY.

enjoy.

Esteemed Contributor

May your SIL rest in peace, Barbara. I saw one of my neighbors on the way back from my walk, and we were discussing people with dementia and dying.  It is a long story, but very complicated emotions involved.  I hope your BIL, V, and the rest of the family feel satisfied that they did all they could.  It sounds like they did have the opportunity to say goodbye.  I think it is a good idea to have the service after Easter so everyone can prepare.

Glad you are having a massage this morning, and your air quality isn't affected like other parts of Phoenix.  We are having warm and dry weather here, but no air quality problems as far as I know.

I'm really hoping that the horses work out for my nephew.  He has gone through lots of problems/issues in the past.  But, he has always loved horses.

Good that you had your hair trimmed, Claudia.  I think I may need to have that done soon.  Hope R's check-up goes okay.  I'm not fond of those early morning appointments.  I may be awake, but not interested in going to the doctor's office.  

DH was fine yesterday, but another resident fell just as I was about the leave.  Hopefully, her injuries won't be too bad.  She has lots of issues.

I've taken my walk, and done some weeding and weed spraying.  Need to get ready and visit DH soon.  I plan to go to the grocery store for some produce later.

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Your sil is finally at peace, Barbara. A good idea to have the service later in the month after Easter.

I'm glad you aren't affected by the air quality.

We call Griffyn "trouble". Pepper was probably quite pleased with herself.

At least R's annual checkup is over. The doctor is prescribing Pt for his shoulder and back. He's still having problems on his left elbow. His lab work is good but his weight is up. No surprise the way he's been eating. The doctor is also doing a referral for new diabetic shoes. He's had his current ones for nearly 2 years. 

Lots of outside noises today as contractors are working next door and also 1 house down on our other side. Griff is calm and quiet. I'm sure if he was outside he'd be barking though.

Adam has a 2nd interview today with the company sil works for. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I've seen your nephew's photos, Linda. I hope things continue to go well for him. Doing something he loves helps. I hope DH is doing well today.

The VA just called. R does not have to wait for Veteran's Choice. The pt place will be called and he'll be scheduled.

I have a new cat scratching post to be assembled and the old one taken apart. The platforms are wobbly and the sisal and carpeting coming off. I think it's time to replace it. Good purchase before the one platform comes off completely and a cat goes flying.

Respected Contributor

Thank you for your kind thoughts. I will pass them onto v. She had been in endvstage Alzheimer's for the past 2 plus years so,it is a blessing.

my massage was lovely.

it is very hazy out here..I am staying in.

glad it was not dh that fell, linda. I hope the horse thing works out for your nephew.

Clauda, good that r will get pt. M was saying the kids next door were screaming so loudly, her caller could hear them. They 2 and 4 and do scream a lot..my kids never did that.

😘😘