Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHolics..WEEK OF APRIL9

Good morning.. I am back from church.  V is off to his final day of bridge.

We ended up getting a new home security system for our northern home. It looks easier to handle via smart phone than our current one. I got a new iPhone and have v my old one and they had a special on an iPad . He hates the one he has . So we dropped a bit of change but our tax refund will take care of that.

M survived the bday party but a couple of the kids did not behave well...going through the fridge and cupboards. This is the last time one will be invited. No more sleepover parties as of now. 

I am am making an easy dinner for our friends tonight..penne pasta in a marinara sauce with Italian sausage., salad and mixed fruit for dessert. 

Hope me you have a great day.

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHolics..WEEK OF APRIL9

R is out at the muzzleloader range and I'm enjoying the quiet after helping him search for his hat and ear protectors. I should be cleaning or going through and sorting things but my energy got up and left.

Instead I'm mulling over upcoming Linea items. I think I will have to get the pebble crepe. Passing on the dress and the tsv for Q2. 

Both dogs are sleeping now. This morning Griff tried to persuade TT to play but TT wanted no.part of it.

Up the street a crew has been taking down a tall pine in sections. Griff barked at the first loud thud but then settled down. He may bark less at least inside now that Bo is gone. Bo was so anxious he'd bark at anything.

Barbara, it sounds like quite a party. I agree- no more sleepovers for the present. Maybe it was the number of girls. 1 or maybe 2 might have worked out better.

Your dinner sounds good. I need to decide what to fix and cleanup the yard and put the garbage out front.

The security system, phone and IPad seem like good purchases.

Respected Contributor

Claudia...m has decided only 2 for a sleepover. I do not care for linea pebble crepe...I finally donated the 2 or 3 pieces I had.  I guess I did not like the feel,of the fabric.  Most of his things I really like. But I just grabbed a maxi dress fro m Jill that I had been eyeing for a while. 

I did not realize that no was a barker. The girls were playing pickle with her..tossing her favorite toy around. M said she finally laid down and looked at them  smart dog.

Respected Contributor

I love anything that does not collect dog hair! Great Pyrenees are bankers but many times Bo would start for no reason. Of course he had the trauma of being left in a foreclosure and only fed or let out once a day. When Bo would bark Griff would join right in.

I'm sure you'll get a lot of use out of the maxi dress.

Respected Contributor

Darn auto correct. Of course Great Pyrenees are not bankers. They're barkers.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  What a party Syd had, Barbara.  I think M has the right idea for future parties.  Funny about Pepper.  Hope you really like all your new electronics and security system.  We haven't received a tax refund for the last couple of years, in fact, we had to pay quite a bit.  But, I do remember when we had the "found" money from tax refunds.  Now I'm just hoping the amount we need to pay won't be too much.  We did pay estimated taxes, so maybe...

I like the Linea pebble crepe, and maxi dresses just don't work for me.  It is funny that we have such different preferences.  I think that maxis are flattering on taller ladies rather than short ones like me.  And, I know they work very well for you.

Interesting about the barking habits of your dogs, Claudia.  I see a lot of dogs on my walks, and some are pretty large.  Yesterday, a guy had a husky (I think) plus two large white dogs.  They were keeping him very busy.  I don't think it is practical to walk three dogs based on personal experience.  Maybe if you are a dog whisperer or something.  My oldest nephew is now living on a ranch, and taking care of and training horses and horse riders.  He just rescued a horse, and is really getting into horse rescue.  Hope he can continue with this since he really loves it.

I didn't know anything about an upcoming Linea TSV or Q2.  In fact, I never looked into Q2.  Guess I better look at the Linea website.  Hope R's mussleloader event goes okay.

Church ran late today (we had a special choral event), so I was a bit late to the gym and then to visit DH.  They were feeding him lunch, but I was able to take over.  He was in good spirits, but had on his grip belt.  I asked, and they did have problems getting him out of bed.  His DD sent an e-mail saying that the rest of the family was back in California, and she was headed to the hospital where she is volunteering.   Sounds like an unsafe area.  She posted an article on FB about German tourists who were robbed on the road near where they traveled.  Sounded horrible.  To avoid trouble, the family took some sort of private (native rather than tourist) transportation that went on side roads.  She said the roads were bumpy and some unpaved, so travel took much longer than it should have.  She is a brave person, and a lucky one.

I have ironing to do, and I'll be going back to visit DH later.

Hope both of you have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Linda, I haven't looked at Q2 before either. I think Louis has a tab on it the 18th. Then the 24th he's on Qvc.

It's great your nephew is doing something he loves to do. I hope DH's daughter continues to be safe. She is quite brave.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  I have a busy day on tap.  I'll visit DH, then go to lunch at our Turkish friend's house, and then on to the bookclub ("The Underground Railroad") before visiting DH again.  I think it is an interesting book, but just too much for me at this time.  I know there are and have been some really horrible times.  But, I felt too much like I was living them when I read the book.  Sign of a good writer for sure.  I can understand why you found it fascinating, Barbara.

I guess you will have V home more now that the bridge tournament is over, Barbara.  Hope that you are not achy, and you have a good time together.

Interesting about Q2, etc., Claudia.  I'm not sure that I'll be purchasing any of the new Linea items, but the dress and pebble crepe tunic look very interesting.  I have one of his sleeveless dresses that I wear a lot in the summer (and love).  And, I have his lace sleeveless dress as well.  Guess I will decide when I see it presented.  Hope R is doing okay, and the dogs are behaving themselves.

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good morning..I am meeting my voice coach, friend for lunch and some music shopping. She sang "Via Dolorosa" at church yesterday and it was so beautiful and moving. I am singing on Mandy Thursday.

The Prius is in for repairs..the ac has to be replaced so it is not a cheap fix. Yikes.

M said the dace studio revised the summer requirements so myrtle beach may be on. I they had a lot of parent complaints. 

We we had a nice dinner with our friends last night who have left for Oregon. We will stay at their beach house on our way back in October.

I ordered two tops from Jill..30% off. I need longer sleeves in Minnesota sometimes through the middle of June. I need to replace a couple of tops that are looking worn.

i love my skin care line..Rodin and fields. It has improved my skin so much...it is pricey but when I looked at the cost of murad, that I used previously, there was no difference. It is about as much as Perricone. The automatic scrubbers are too hard on my skin...nontsv for me.

Linda..enjoy your lunch, book club and time with dh..

i posted a pic of pepper in Sydnie's dream duffle. 

Claudia, no dog fur or shedding from Pepper.. her breed are non shredders.

enjoy your day.

Respected Contributor

It was a busier day than I expected. It was around 80 degrees today. I accompanied R to his lab work at the VA clinic this morning. We stopped for breakfast before going on to the urologist for his lupron shot. I dropped him home after he picked up a few things he needed.

After that I circled the post office trying to find a parking place. He had ordered some shoes by mail which did not fit. 4 tries it took me to find a nearby parking place. I did get the boy's Easter cards mailed along with the shoes and forwarded a recall notice for Adam's truck. I can't wait until the side street by the post office opens again.

I had a few more errands that took longer than expected. I left the house at 8 am and got home about 2 pm.

Barbara, it's too bad the Prius isn't a cheap fix. Yikes, indeed. Fingers crossed you'll be able to go to Myrtle Beach. A good skin care line that you love is worth the money imo. I hope you and your friend enjoyed lunch and music shopping. I'm sure you will do very well Maundy Thursday. That was a cute picture of Pepper.

Somehow I always end up with the dogs that shed. I'm keeping an eye on TT's ear. It's a bit better but still not as good as I would like.

Linda, I hope lunch and the book club went well. Hopefully you'll enjoy next month's book more. This month's book was a difficult one.