Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHoLiCs week of January 7

[ Edited ]

The surgery went well. I saw R for about 2 minutes before I left to try to get home ahead of the storm. They were waiting for  a bed to open up on another unit. Hopefully he'll be discharged sometime next week.

A couple areas in the road home were close to flooding and I see a number of roads are closed now. Fog was rolling in due to the big temperature change.

Linda, I am very glad your DH's daughter is there for a quick visit. I know it is so difficult but you are doing everything possible for your DH. You are bound to have moments when you don't feel strong. Be kind to yourself.

Hope you feel better after resting, Barbara.

Respected Contributor

Good morning..it is going to be a nice warm day today. I am not looking forward to the cold I will experience next week. 

Linda..good to hear that Dh perked up a little bit. It is great that his dd is able to visit. Enjoy your time with her.

Claudia..I think your weather is pretty awful..glad r did ok after his surgery. Hope you get him home soon.

not too much on the agenda today...I need to get some $ to go home and I may get a coffee as a treat.

i am going to not do a lot because my lower body is hurting.

i hope you both can enjoy your day.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I will be heading back either Sunday or Monday weather permitting. R is in icu again with a pain pump. In his move between rooms his phone charger disappeared and the room is on a wall. I can't get into at the nurse's station because they didn't know when I left what room or unit he'd be going to do I don't have a pin number.

Like you, Barbara, I'm trying not to do a lot today but I do need to shovel.

Respected Contributor

I did go out to shovel. More snow than I thought. I had trouble opening the storm door.  I think we got 8" or so. As I was sweeping off the steps so I could get down them and shovel. 3 young people stopped and shoveled and would not take any money.

Esteemed Contributor

How nice that you got some help with shoveling, Claudia.  Sorry about your weather and R's continuing problems.  Really hope he feels better soon, and you don't have trouble picking him up next week.

Sorry you aren't feeling well, Barbara.  I sure would not want to go back to the cold.

The caregiver said DH didn't eat much this morning, and was very tired.  But, I gave him yogurt before lunch and he ate well at lunch and dinner.  Not all that much, but all that he was served.  His DD and I went out for lunch, and when we returned he was sleeping.  His eyes are closed again.  Not in the best shape, but better than Wednesday, Thursday, and yesterday.  I just have to take it as it goes, but that isn't always easy.

Hope everyone sleeps okay.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Heading back up to the hospital tomorrow. I will be taking another charger cord up since R's was never found. He puts himself to sleep listening to music on his phone so is not happy he can't charge it.

Tuesday will be 2 weeks since he was transferred up there. After surgery they did a blood transfusion and he said they were doing another today. Hopefully I'll know more tomorrow. No idea when he'll be discharged.

I'm tempted to take the walker with me. It has a seat that I can put the bag of items on that I'm bringing. Easier than lugging the bag, purse, and handling a cane.

No more snow but it sure was cold today.

I'm glad your DH was a bit better for his daughter's visit, Linda. It's  difficult dealing with the disease and changes.

Barbara, I'm sure you're not looking forward to returning to the frozen north.

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't realize R had been there so long, Claudia.  Hope your trip back there goes okay, and R will be better soon.  Hugs.  The walker might be a good choice.

Hope you are okay, Barbara.

DH was in pretty good shape this morning, and I got his RD to the airport in plenty of time.  He is napping again, but I hope he will eat a good dinner.  Due to a couple of long phone calls from friends and the visit, I am quite behind in completing chores. Trying not to stress.

Sleep well everyone.

Hugs, Linda