Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHoLiCs week of January 7

Good Morning/Afternoon!  I hope R will be stronger and able to go home soon, Claudia.  Also hope that he will not be released before he is ready, and you don't have too much trouble with the weather, etc.

Good news about the visit, Barbara.  Pepper is one sneaky dog.  Hope the storm in MN isn't too bad for M.  We didn't get the promised rain, but it is much cooler today .

DH was pretty anxious yesterday afternoon, but ate well   Today he has been anxious and sleepy.  He did not eat much breakfast, and the caregiver and I decided to wait until later for his lunch.  He has been sleeping since I arrived an hour or more ago.  Hope he will improve soon.

Hope everyone has a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I did a grocery store run, bank and then stopped to get my blood drawn. Hope the numbers have improved.

vyrns brother and wife will be here early this afternoon. We will go out for an early dinner.it will be fun to spend time with them.

sydnie fell and hit her cast so it has loosened...m really does not want to bring her back because the dr is at the other end of town and they are expecting snow. 

Wedid get rain...I could smell the creosote from the wet desert when I opened the front door this morning. It is cooler today but will be back in the mid 70s by Saturday.

Linda, hope dhs anxiety decreases soon. 

Claudia hope r continues to improve.

have a good rest of the day.

Respected Contributor

I am back up at the hotel as 2 of R's Drs were considering doing surgery tomorrow morning. The roads were good so I decided to be up here in case. This time on the 3rd floor of the hotel. 1st floor rooms are closed off to water damage from a broken pipe. 

The kennel says the dogs have enough food into next week and they will pick more up if needed. One less thing to do.

The weather may turn bad again by the weekend.

Pepper is one smart dog. Sorry that Sydnie fell and loosened her cast, Barbara. Fingers crossed your numbers have improved. R's anemia is showing up again. Enjoy your dinner and time with V's brother and wife.

Linda, I hope your DH is less anxious today. Today temperatures are in the low 40's.

Waiting to hear from R.

Hope things are going well for you,chessielady.

Esteemed Contributor

What type of surgery are they considering for R, Claudia?  Hope it goes well if they do surgery.  Glad you were able to get to the hotel without too much bad weather.  Also hope that you don't have problems when you go home.  Sending lots of hugs.

Hope your numbers are better, Barbara.  Sorry about Syd's cast.  

I went back to visit DH this afternoon, and the hospice nurse came.  She thinks he may have had another seizure or something.  He is very sleepy, and not very responsive.  He is not eating or drinking much.  I think he finally remembered who I was by the time I left, and he did smile a couple of times.  But, I'm pretty concerned about him.  The nurse will be visiting again tomorrow afternoon, and I'm really hoping he is better.

Respected Contributor

On Linda, I'm so sorry about your DH. I'm glad his dd is coming for a short visit. I bet you had a worrisome night.

R is having surgery sometime this afternoon to remove any remaining infection from the lung. Discharge should be sometime next week.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, Claudia.  You are quite right about last night -- difficult to sleep.  I visited DH after I went to the gym this morning, and he was better.  While he was asleep when I came, he was in his wheelchair.  Since I am planning to visit again this afternoon, I was not planning to stay, but decided to give him lunch.  He did much better with lunch, and even smiled a little bit.  The hospice caregiver arrived when he was finished lunch, so I left then.  Fingers crossed he will be okay when I visit later today.

Hope R's surgery goes okay, and he is ready to be released next week.  Sending hugs and prayers.

Also hope you are doing okay today, Barbara.  And that things worked out with Syd's cast.

Hope everyone has a nice evening.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon...you 2 are having tough times with your dhs.Claudia..prayers that this does the trick with r and he will come home soon. This has been quite the ordeal for you.

Linda..sorry that Dh is having more issues...glad to hear his dd is coming to visit. (((Hugs)))

we we had a lovely visit with vs brother and wife. We went to a Mexican restaurant for dinner. They will come over Sunday for the Vikings game and we will see them a few more times before they leave on the 23 rd.

we played bridge..I had my usual terrible cards. Then we did a run to sams ..that about did me in because I found it very hard to walk

I ended up in the car and will rest this afternoon. It could be a tough week.

lots of bad weather up north...schools were closed where v3 lives..very icy inpatient our place.

love the weather here.

try to have a nice rest of your day.

Respected Contributor

Glad your DH had a better day, Linda.

Surgery was postponed till tomorrow morning due to afternoon backlog. Just now they are trying to start an if and having difficulty.

Glad you had such a nice visit, Barbara. Sorry about the walking. That occasionally happens to me, usually when I've been trying to do too much.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon...it is nice here.

linda, I read your post on the other thread and I will have you and Dh in my prayers. You are dealing with a terrible situation, but know that you do everything to make him happy and comfortable. ((((Hugs))) glad his dd is coming in for a visit.

Claudia hope rs surgery went well.  ((((Hugs))) for you also.

we are managing to stay healthy..there are many sick people around here. 

I made are a couple of sales this morning then ran to get some things for Sunday. My body is not cooperating today, so I plan on taking it easy this afternoon.

try to have a good day.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, Barbara.  Hope you feel better soon.  Also hope R's surgery went/goes well, Claudia.

I picked up DH's daughter with no problems.  DH is sleeping, but did wake up long enough to say hello.  He has eaten very little today, and only drank half of a glass of water.  I'm trying to be strong, but this is a trial.

Hope everyone has an okay evening.

Hugs,

Linda