Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHoLIcS. Week of Jausry 28

Good afternoon...I continue to feel better. I managed to shatter a glass lid into a gazillion pieces all over the kitchen floor. Yikes. I am going to finish cleaning it up in a bit.

it is quite warm today..high in the low 80s. I have my lularoe print leggings on...I will change before I go out ..v thought they looked fine..lol..I need Sydnies opinion.

Hope you get rs potential allergy figured out, Claudia. He does not need any more stuff to go wrong,

we we had a professional gospelquartet sing with us this morning. This is an annual thing. We are going to go to their concert this afternoon.

Linda, fingers crossed for a good visit with Dh.

((((Hugs))))

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHoLIcS. Week of Jausry 28

Good Afternoon!  Glad you are feeling better, Barbara.  Sorry about that glass -- hope you get it cleaned up with no problems.  Interestingly enough, we are having a gospel singing group at church next Sunday.  They perform once a year, and they are pretty good.  But, I am tired of them.  Not sure if I'll attend. 

It should be pretty warm here today (70's), but quite windy.

Hope R is better, Claudia.  It is always something.  Yikes!  He sure didn't need another problem, nor did you.  I would be quite nervous if DH had such an allergic reaction.

When I went yesterday, DH was sleeping.  And, when the caregiver got him up for dinner, she told me he had bad diarrhea before, and she had given him some OTC medicine.  His DD suggested giving him lots of fluids and a banana, which I did.  The caregiver also decided to give him solid food (rather than pureed), and he seemed to like it pretty well.  I know the hospice nurse would not approve, but I'll see what happens today.  Perhaps he is over the choking problem.

Army DGS heard from his boss that he will be getting the Geek Squad job, and I know he is thrilled.  No details about when, etc. 

Hope everyone has a nice evening.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. You are brave with print leggings, Barbara.  I think they look fine on most ladies as long as they wear a tunic-length top.  I really don't care for it when you see too many details if you know what I mean.

Respected Contributor

Barbara, I'm glad you're feeling better. I hate those glass lids that shatter into small pieces. 

Congratulations to Dgs, Linda.  I'm sure he's thrilled and relieved. Hope your DH is over the choking problem.

I drove to and from the VA today. Starting out there was lots of fog but It did clear away. The VA consulted with the head of infectious diseasees at the hospital r was In. They decided to give him moxifloxacin for 2 weeks and 3 days of benadryl. Will be calling his doctor at the local clinic tomorrow for a followup appointment.

I hope I sleep better tonight.

Esteemed Contributor

hRe: REFORMED SHOPAHoLIcS. Week of Jausry 28

I hope the doctor's latest strategy works for R, Claudia.  I wonder if the benadryl will make him sleepy.  It has that effect on me.

Hope you continue to feel better, Barbara, and you are enjoying the warm weather.  I saw the stepdaughter of one of the residents today, and she (from MN) said she has been swimming and horseback riding.  A friend of her Fathers has a horse that is boarded south of Tubac, and she is unable to ride it.  So, the stepdaughter has been happy to do so.  She did say that she goes in the hot tub after doing her laps in the pool (to warm up.)   It has not reached 80 degrees here, but has in Tucson.  I always find it strange that it is cooler in the south than the north, but it all has to do with elevation.

DH was sleepy today, but okay.  The caregiver yesterday told me that he did not have diarrhea when she was there, but did go to the bathroom a lot.  She also told me that she was not going to give him regular food since the hospice nurse had ordered him to have pureed food.  When I was about to leave, I saw one of his fingernails was badly split. 

Today, I called the hospice nurse, and she just called to say that she visited him, but could not look at his nail until he finished dinner.  The diarrhea was not noted on his chart, and the other caregivers said that he did not have it on their watch.  I talked to the director earlier, and he said the caregiver should not have decided not to follow the nurse's orders.  I know the nurse plans to talk to them about it.  I feel a little guilty for bringing up the whole issue, but this is a caregiver I have had some issues with in the past (real drama queen, etc.), so I guess I'm not too guilty for reporting it.

DD said that Army DGS hoped to get more information about the new job today.  Youngest DGS and DGD found out that the Federal government has reduced the maximum number of work study hours to 11 per week, and neither is happy.  Apparently DGS may be able to get additional hours from the college (different plan), and DGD may look for another job.  She turns 18 on Sunday, and that will open up more possibilities.

Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Re: hRe: REFORMED SHOPAHoLIcS. Week of Jausry 28

Whatever I have has come back with a vengeance..I have a bad cough, laryngitis and a low grade temp.  Now I am wondering if I have influenza bit think not because I am not terribly ill. 

Arrgh...Linda..too bad about the questionable caregiver. Congrats to dgs on his job...hope the other 2 can find more hours but not surprising that this has been cut with the current regime.

stay healthy

Respected Contributor

Re: hRe: REFORMED SHOPAHoLIcS. Week of Jausry 28

The earliest appointment for R at the local clinic is Wednesday at 8. He still feels weak and not much appetite. We have to keep an eye on his blood sugar. Just before supper it was 60 so I quickly have him something. He only wanted cream of mushroom and chicken soup along with crackers.

Linda, I wouldn't feel guilty reporting the caregiver. DH's care is your too priority. Fingers crossed for your dgd and youngest dgs. There always seems to be another hoop to jump through.

Barbara, I hope you've had a good day. 7:15 here and I'd happily go to bed now.

Esteemed Contributor

Hope you are better tomorrow Barbara.  Please don't take any chances with the flu.  

Sorry R is weak and his appetite isn't good, Claudia.  Hope you get some rest tonight.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  I'm back from the senor lunch program, and I'll leave for the gym soon.  The lunch program went fine.  My lunch buddy (we have volunteered there for nearly 7 years) was very upset since one of her friends and housecleaner is planning to move back to TN this spring.  She is a single lady, and her family is there, so it makes sense for her to move back.  However, my buddy will really miss her.  Kind of like how I felt about my friend moving back to Wyoming.  No word on when my friend and her husband will put the house back on the market, so I guess she will be here for a while.

DD told me that they are giving up cable TV and their landline, and just going with some sort of Hulu TV.  Apparently, it is not all that difficult to do if you have a newer TV.  While the internet is considerably higher than when it was part of the "bundle", it is still a lot less than paying the full amount even with the addition of the Hulu.  I have considered the idea of going to an antenna, etc., but I think all this would require a lot more electronic knowledge than I have.  I am pretty angry since my cable provider just increased my bill by $10 a month for no reason that I can understand.

Army DGS starts his new job with the Geek Squad on February 4th, and today is is last day at the old job.  I know he is happy.  Youngest DGS is very upset about his cutback at work, and may try to get out of his gym classes.  They have a family plan for the gym, but he was taking extra weight-lifting classes.  I hope he can get more work and will not have to give it up, but......

Really hope you are feeling better today, Barbara.  If not, please call your doctor as soon as possible.  I know there is a medicine for the flu that you need to start right away.  Perhaps it is not the flu, but.....

Also hope things are going okay with R, and you got some rest last night. Claudia.

Hope everyone has a nice evening.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I second, Linda. The flu is nothing to mess with, Barbara. I hope you are feeling better.

We are still keeping the landline as cell phone coverage is not the best. If it were up to me we'd have far fewer cable channels but R enjoys certain channels.

I'm glad tomorrow's clinic appointment is first thing. He says his chest and shoulder hurt plus he has questions I don't have answers for.

16° outside. I shoveled before going to pickup soup, yogurt, and cottage cheese as that's what he wanted to eat. When I got homehehad changed his mind. Smh.

I hope things work out for youngest Dgs, Linda.

Respected Contributor

Good morning...I am not feeling super..have a drs appt early tomorrow morning. Will see what he says.

😘