Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHoLICs. week of April 23

Good afternoon. M and Sydnie and I made a kohls run and found a few spring clothes for her. I am glad she went along so she could tr onthings.. even a girl's slim is too big in the waist for her.  But we did find a few things.

it is very nice here but amie sent a picture of snow..they are 180 miles north of us. From the middle of the week on it looks chilly.

i continue to be achy but hope to feel better in a week.

nothing exciting to report..I did break down and ordered the linea ombré tunic and the tsk from Friday. The latter I am not sure about.

Hope your day is going well.

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHoLICs. week of April 23

Sunny and warm here. The back yard is mowed. R managed to do it. Last fall he could only do a bit. Tomorrow I hope to mow the front yard.

R discovered the doors he built for his shelving (supposed to be 6'x6' are lacking 6" in width. Not what he wanted to find out. I found him halfway up our steep stairs with one of the doors. He'd given no thought to moving things at the top of the stairs where he would need to turn.

Sorry about the achiness, Barbara. Hoping that improves in a week. I'm glad Sydnie found a few new things. It's frustrating when even slim is too big.

I like the looks of the blueberry tunic. I lean towards the blues and purples.

I took the fleece sheets off the bed and put the down comforter away. Fingers crossed it stays warm.

I picked up a new cat bed for Tigger who is almost 15. She settled into it right away.

Linda, I hope your day is going well so far. You always pack so much into your day.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Glad you were able to find some things for Syd, Barbara.  DD had to return the things she ordered for DGD (dress ripped and sweater see-through), but she found others that would work.   Despite being petite and pretty thin (particularly when I was younger) I don't think I had the too small waist problem.  Maybe because I was a lot shorter than Syd.  Now, my waist is ample for my proportions, LOL.  Snow -- yikes!  Hope your aching goes away.  Are you having an infusion next week?  I think we both have the ombre tunic in the "peacock" color -- correct?  I noticed Louis has some new colors, and I'm pretty tempted by the blue.  Just not sure that it is different enough from the one I have.  I also like the printed top he will be having next month and is already available for order.  I am not ordering now because I'm afraid it might come while I'm away.  

Glad R could get the mowing done in the back, Claudia.  Sorry about the doors being the wrong size.  What can he do about that?  I guess start over?  Not fun.  Glad Tigger likes the new bed.

It is quite warm/hot here, and they said the ozone levels are up.  Also, I think I saw smoke from a fire in the mountains.  It could be dust, but I think fire.  Church was good this morning, as was the gym.  Fortunately, I got some sleep last night, which really helped.  I was able to feed DH lunch, but he was having eye issues.  A small amount of blood was coming out from an area near his left eyelashe.  The caregiver and I speculated that it was due to his scratching when he rubbed his eyes.  He was okay by the time I left.  

Larry collapsed on Friday, and was out (lost consciousness) for about five minutes on Friday.  They took him to the hospital, and he was fine.  But, I think he is declining.  They were trying to keep him calm and not walking.  One of the caregivers told me that their nurse was suggesting hospice since he isn't getting better.  I hope that his wife does go with hospice since Larry needs a lot of extra care.

Guess I better get busy with the ironiong.  Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. There was a wonderful soloist at church this morning, and I thought of you, Barbara.

Respected Contributor

Good morning..it is cool and will be cold and rainy for the rest of the eeek. I managed the grocery store this morning..did not have to get a lot . I try to get things for meals for the week. I am trying some new recipes. 

I have a hair hair appointment this afternoon.my cleaning lady is here amid our new security system is to be installed this afternoon.,I hope he comes later rather than earlier because she is on the phone this afternoon.

linda, Sydnie is very small boned and has a tiny waist. She is 5' 1 " and weighs 80#. She is slender but not bony. 

I do have the peacock ombré shirt..ordered the alabaster which I may or may not keep. I really have enough summer clothes.

hope dhs eyes are better today. I am surprised Larry is not in hospice. My sil was for at least 3 years. I love singing in church..it is my ministry.

Claudia..hope the doggies are good today. Too bad the shelves were too short. 

I ordered the tsv indoor/outdoor rug in red . It was on a couple of weeks ago. It really perked up our sunroom. 

Enjy joy your day.

Respected Contributor

Today it's sunny and in the mid 70's. The next couple days rain is expected. R mowed out front and I used the trimmer. Spring allergies are driving me crazy.

It appears all 3 of us have the peacock sombre top.

Larry does sound like he is declining. It wouldn't surprise me if he qualifies for hospice care.

Barbara, if the porch was redone I would consider a rug for it now that Griff is past the puppy stage. R gets upset with him because he barks but that's the nature of a guardian breed. It's too bad he never got used to neighbors. The house next to us had a previous owner who was seldom out and went to bed when it got dark. On the other side the neighbors are seldom out. One house down was vacant for up to 5 years before being sold. Why so long I have no idea. I would have at least rented it.

R has been working on a fix for the doors. At least it keeps him busy.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  You were very busy today, Barbara.  Hope you like your hair and the security system is in with no hitches.  I have considered an indoor/outdoor rug for our "Arizona room", but I'm a little concerned about possible tripping.  I do have one on the front patio/porch, and I really like it.  

That is funny that all three of us have the peacock ombré shirt.  Sorry that Griff's barking bothers R.  Perhaps he will get used to it.  Also sorry about your allergies.  Good that R took care of the mowing, etc.

Larry's wife and two children plus spouses were meeting with a lady who I think is a hospice nurse this afternoon.  He is in pretty bad shape, so I'm hoping that they agree to hospice.  

DH was okay -- his eyes were bothering him a little, but no blood this time.

My Fitbit went crazy yesterday -- didn't keep a charge, etc., and they are sending me a replacement since it was under warranty.  Thank goodness for that.

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..I had to see my rheumatologist this morning...it is a 45 minute drive there one way. I had to stop at target to drop prescritions off so I just got home. I have to make a business call in a bit. More on my new adventure later.

pepper is asleep in her bed on her back with her legs in the air. She is so funny.

nothing to exciting here. Not looking forward to the crummy weather coming for the next few days.

our new security system is up and working. It's some features our other one did not have.

Claudia...good luck with the barking. Pepper thinks she is a Hurd dog also...not. Do you have a big fence for the boys??? M is thinking about visible fencing fo pepper. Hope your allergies get better.

Respected Contributor

Hit post by mistake again...arghh.

Linfa Sydnie had the same problem with her fit bit but she figured out how to reset it. From what I read online, it is not uncommon for it to happen. Hope dhs eyes are better today.

my brother finished his coast to coast bike trip. Almost 3000 miles...amazing.

have a great day.

Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like you have had a tiring day, Barbara.  Congratulations to your brother -- he must be in wonderful shape to bike that far.  Glad you like your new security system and Syd was able to fix her Fitbit.  Also glad that I'll be getting a replacement.  The charging was only one of several problems, but it seems that they emphasized the charging issue.  So, I'm not surprised that others have had that problem.  

The husband of one of the other residents at DH's facility is a real problem "child".  He "hates" (his description) one of the caregivers, and has threatened to hit her.  The other evening she was alone trying to put his wife to bed, and he confronted her -- waving his fist.  She told him she would call the police if he hit her, so he did not do so.  But, the situation is very bad.  He is the one who expected his wife to take care of him since she was a nurse.  And, he told one of the other caregivers that she took care of the money, etc.  He told the caregiver (not the one he dislikes) that he wants to bring his wife home since it would be cheaper if he could get "one of the girls" to come and take care of her (live in the house).  Pretty crazy talk for sure.  His wife in on hospice, and not all that much better off than DH.

The senior lunch program went okay, and I'll be leaving for the gym soon.  Then, I'll visit DH.

Hope your day is going okay, Claudia, and both of you have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Barbara, our fence is 5'. I stuck with chain link because I thought Griff would be more upset if he couldn't see what the noise was. Adam thought we should pick pic fencing. I had heard of a dog though who was trying to see what the noise was and tried to climb and got her leg stuck.

I was told plastic coated chain link is actual weaker as the thickness includes the coating. I prefer an actual fence because it keeps other animals and people out of the yard.

Glad Sydnie was able to fix her Fitbit. It's amazing what children her age can easily do while we struggle and end up frustrated.

LInda,  the husband of that resident sounds like he has many problems. Hopefully he doesn't take his wife home as it sounds like her quality of care would suffer.

TT has some stronger medicine for his ears plus ointment for his eyes. R got the second door up the stairs and attached to his shelving. He found it didn't fit so had to cut off a couple inches. I told him he was not not lugging it back down the stairs and then back up. It was just too difficult physically. I had him trim it up there and sweep up the mess.