Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHoLICS week of April22

Good afternoon..still morning for you, linda...it is a nice Spring day. My back is bothering me, which it does when I overdo..so decided to rest it today.

after sorting through some of syds room , I was appalled at how dusty it was..apparently, my cleaning lady has not been moving anything just vacuuming and Dustin. Around stuff. Her work has really deteriorated in the past 2 years and m has told me that she and syd often reckean. So tomorrow is her last day. My 2 girls will clean...part of syds “training” and ms room and board. 

I. Think pepper is playing with a spider..

lol

Linda..enjoy your warm weather..good that Dh was smiling yesterday and that dgs will have a car.

Claudia , good luck for r tomorrow.

((((Hugs)))

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHoLICS week of April22

Good Morning/Afternoon!  That is a shame about your cleaning lady, Barbara.  But, it is good that your "girls" will be taking over.  I have never had a cleaning lady except the first year or two when I lived in the dorm at college, but DD and my SIL have done that sort of work in the past.  (Actually, I think I might have paid DD to check out and clean the house in Maryland when it was on the market and I was out here.)  My house would probably be a lot cleaner if I had a cleaning service, but I am not prepared to pay for it while I can still do the job (if not perfect).

Sorry about your back.  Good idea to take it easy today.  

Really hope things go okay for R and you with his surgery, Claudia.  Also hope your furbabies behave.

Nothing exciting planned here.  I'm leaving for the gym soon, and I'll visit DH in the afternoon.  His friend called me yesterday evening, and we had a nice chat.  His granddaughter is getting married next weekend (Pittsburgh area), and it sounds like it will be a lovely occasion.

Have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

We got to the hotel mid afternoon and had an early supper at the attached restaurant. Very good food but too much. We need to be at the hospital at 5:15 A M.

I plan to go to bed early as I'm tired from transporting the dogs and all the last minute chores. I brought my sleep mask. 4AM wake up call. Sweeping got done but dusting will need to wait.

Barbara, it's a very good idea to take it easy. Too bad about your cleaning lady but it's good for Sydnie to learn to keep things in order.

I left the cats plenty of food and water. Probably too much for 2 days but I didn't want to chance running out.

Adam called last night and we had a good long talk.

Linda, how nice you had a chat with DH 's friend. It's good he keeps in contact.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..syd is off from school today...we went to Costco and got heavy things like water.they had some beautiful patio baskets but the weather is too iffy here to put anything out yet.

my House is being cleaned. I am going to keep her on once a month..she has helped me a lot in the past...

The siding guys are still working on the house..it is obvious that they are doing an excellent job.

Hope all goes well for R today, Claudia.

Linda..hope Dh is good today. Did dgs find a new vehicle..I

bought syd the original Grimm fairy tales...she is fascinated by the book. I have a new knitting project so am not reading a lot right nw.

Enjoy your day. 🥀🥀🌷

Esteemed Contributor

Hope the cleaning lady does help you with your new schedule, Barbara.  It certainly is warm here -- 90 degrees at the moment.  Fortunately, it was cool in the morning when I take my walk.

DH was smiling and in a very good mood this morning.  He ate pretty well.  His "old" hospice nurse told me that his weight loss is probably just part of the disease.  I'll keep trying to have him eat, but..... 

Yes, DGS did find a new vehicle -- small SUV.  The car they were considering as the front runner smelled horribly of cigarette smoke.  They paid more than planned, but no need for a loan, thank goodness.  The car has lots of good features, and the dealer threw in several months of service guaranty.  Good thing, because the car is back at the dealership today.  They had problems opening the hood for one thing.  Hopefully, it will be an easy fix.

There is a house on my walking route that has lovely flowers, and they have two beautiful hanging baskets.  I know that requires lots of watering, so not in the cards for me.  But, sure nice to see.

Hope R's operation went okay, Claudia.   Also hope you got a little rest.  Nice that you could talk with Adam.

Strong bones class went well, and I have been working on the closets.  Only one top for donation so far, but I have re-arranged things, and I hope to find more to donate.

Sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Back at the hotel. R has the option of staying overnight or being discharged. Guess what he chose? Right now he hurts - not surprising and he thinks the pain med doesn't help much. I will try giving him his next dose just a little bit early.

Dr plans to immobilize the forearm when the stitches come out next week. He says he did trust him not to try to use it. Smart man. He sent some of the bone out to check for infection. If he had infection recovery will be even longer.

I hope to get some sleep. Less than 2 hours till his next pill. Meanwhile he's playing his music.

Respected Contributor

Good morning...I have repair men here for the dryer and finally finishing up the bathroom. I hope for a nice discount on the rest of what we owe because it has taken so long and is not what we thought we were getting.yikes...

nothing too too exciting here..I am trying to pace myself with the decluttering...a little bit every day.

Claudia..I am sure r is not a happy camper today...he probably should have stayed overnight in the hospital.  This has to be hard on you.

Linda..v said it would be close to 100 today with an air pollution alert also. Hope dgs car works out for him. Glad to hear that Dh was in good spirits.

i cannot believe how much better the family room looks with all of the clutter put away. 😍

have a a good day.💜💜

Esteemed Contributor

I'm really not surprised R wanted to leave the hospital as soon as he could, but it probably would have been easier on both of you if he stayed overnight, Claudia.  Oh well.....  Hope his pain isn't too bad, and you managed to get a little rest.  

Good idea to pace yourself, Barbara.  Hope you do get a discount on the rest of the work.  It is not quite as hot here (I think they are saying high of 93 or so), but the air quality is not good enough for sensitive people.  I'm glad that I am not one who has to avoid the polluted air, and also glad that I took my walk early before it was an issue.  They are saying that it should be somewhat cooler (high 80's) this weekend.  I know what you mean about things looking so much better after de-cluttering.  

The dealership decided to replace some brake parts on DGS' new/used car, so he won't get it back until at least tomorrow.  On the positive side, this isn't costing him anything, and they repaired the hood problem.  But, DD is busy orchestrating rides for those who need it -- really a full-time job for her.  LOL

The senior lunch program went okay -- a little issue with a couple of people, but okay.  I'm headed to the gym soon, and I'll visit DH later.  Sort of on impulse, I decided on a "Road Scholar" trip for September -- Sacramento, Reno, and Lake Tahoe.  There is a train ride from Sacramento to Tahoe that sounds great, and a lunch cruise, etc.  There is still time to change dates and/or cancel, but I'm happy to have this planned.  

Hope all is okay with you, Claudia, and both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Not much sleep last night as I kept having to get up to help R. That wasn't surprising. We left after breakfast. I had blueberry lemon ricotta pancakes. Much better than the leftover pizza from the night before that R suggested.

We picked up Pippin Sylvester on the way home. A bigger cage and his own litter plus a towel with Rusty's scent made all the difference in his behavior. 

R is having quite a bit of pain. I think it's slowly getting better. He was due more medication at 4:15 and it's nearly 5 now and I've heard no complaint. I'm trying to make the medication last.

I pick the dogs up tomorrow morning.

The trip sounds fun, Linda. I'm glad your she's vehicle is being fixed free of charge but poor dd, arranging transportation for everyone.

It was almost 60° today. It's been raining most of the afternoon but not hard.

Fingers crossed you get a discount, Barbara. Pacing yourself is good.

Well I hear moans and groans from a man with a tee shirt half on/half off so I need to wrap this up.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Hope R's pain isn't too bad, Claudia.  Also hope you were able to get a little more rest last night.  Those pancakes sound delicious.  Yum!  Glad Pippen was an easier passenger.

DH was really leaning to one side yesterday, and feeding him dinner did not go all that well since I got food all over, including on my clothes.  He was in very good spirits, however.

Hope you are doing okay, Barbara, and also not overdoing things.

It got pretty hot yesterday, and I came close to turning on the AC, but resisted.  Today should be another hot one, so it may go on tonight.  And, the air pollution or allergies (not sure which) bothered my eyes yesterday.  So far, so good today.

Have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda