Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHoLICS week of April22

Good morning..I am taking a break...when the weather changes, things get more difficult for me. I have laundry going..m is helping.

i negotiated ac20& discount on the bathroom yesterday but I did have to sign a paper saying I would not post negative reviews online. For the amount of money they took off it was worth it.

Vs dr had no answers as to what is going on with him so he has to follow up when he gets home. There is a lesion that needs to be checked out, he has an appointment to see his internist 2 days after he gets home. We shall see...

Syds dance studio is pretty mad at m for having the professional choreographer work with her. M is pretty timid..I would have said a few things.but I cannot and would not do that. There is a lot of drama in dance.

Your trip sounds great, Linda..I have been to all of those places..Tahoe can be cool in the Fall. Good the dgs car is being fixed...hope Dh is sitting up more today for you.  I do not think I could survive 90 degree temps without ac..v said the house was at 87 the other day before he turned it on.

Claudia..hope rs pain diminishes today. Those pancakes sounded yummy.

hope you both have a good day.😊

Respected Contributor

Linda, I'm sorry feeding your DH was so difficult yesterday. At least he was smiling. Hope today goes better.

R 's pain level has been better today. He is frustrated though at not being able to do simple things.

I picked the dogs up this morning. TT took up the back seat. Griffyn rode shot gun and kept giving dog kisses (unusual for him) and pyr paw. I drove into the back yard and R was able to hold the gate closed until I secured it. The boys have slept most of the day.

I spent part of the afternoon cleaning the upstairs bathroom. Ruined a pair of pants when bleach accidentally spilled. My own darn fault for not paying attention.

Barbara, good for you getting a discount on the bathroom. I hope  V's internist finds an answer. Too bad M has to deal with so much drama.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  So sorry V has no answers yet, Barbara.  How frustrating.  Glad you got the discount.  It is funny about them requiring you not to post a negative review, but I guess it is a wise decision on their part.  Too bad about the dance studio's attitude -- no one needs that drama.  If it got up to 87 degrees in the house (or should I say when), the AC will be on here.  The highest in the house so far (yesterday) was 82, but fortunately I was able to cool things down a bit before bed without turning on the AC.

Glad that R was in less pain yesterday, Claudia.  I know he is frustrated that he can't do everything he wants to do, but hopefully he will try to be a bit patient.  Sorry about the bleach incident.  I can't tell you how many pieces of clothing I have lost through that issue, but fortunately not lately.  I have cut back on my bleach use, and tried to be very careful when I use it.

DH was not leaning yesterday, but he was a bit sleepy and not smiling as much.  Hope today will be a good day for him.  I will be going to the gym this morning, attending a "newcomers" lunch, and then visiting him this afternoon.

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..I am back from knitting...it is always a fun group...discussion today on the new owner, who has had it for a couple of years. But she is making some bad business decisions about inventory, when the store is opennetc that are not drawing in customers. Will see what happens.

i reconnected with a friend from years ago..she lived behind me...we spent a lot of time together as young moms. But she divorced her husband and moved to a different part of the city. We reconnected on fb last winter and we are meeting for lunch tomorrow. It is a good thing

Nothing else I am going to take a break from cleaning up stuff again today. I tend to be in more pain when the seasons change.

Linda, hope Dh remains upright for you today...I looked at your trip and it should be quite lovely. 

Syd thinks i is I should have a pink dress for our anniversary celebration..I ordered one today..a maxi dress with a lace bolero jacket..not real dressy but it looked nice.

Claudia..hope r continues to feel better. I sprayed bleach bathroom cleaner on a pair of black pants a couple of months ago. Theyhad to be tossed out.

Enjoy your day.😘

Respected Contributor

Sunny and in the mid 60's today. What a lovely day. The final bin of winter clothes is now in the attic.

Earlier I put Toby, the declawed senior cat in with Pippen to keep him company for a bit. Instead of a pain pill every 4 hours R can stretch it out to 6+ hours. Progress.

I know how much you enjoy your knitting group, Barbara. I hope the owner makes better decisions. Enjoy your lunch tomorrow. Lots of catching up to do. The dress sounds lovely.

My navy pants had to be tossed out. I won't make that mistake again. The upstairs water leak in the toilet was repaired last night. R has the son of a buddy do it instead of calling a repair person for a simple fix. He charged more than expected but it's done. Next time I think R will call a professional.

82° in the house? I would have started up our air conditioning, Linda. Speaking of which - i should take the cover off. I hope your DH does better today.

The dogs slept much of today. Every time they come home from boarding they sleep for a day or more.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..I had a fun day..had lunch with a former neighbor who was a very good friend of mine. We drifted apart after she divorced and moved away. It was so much fun...

webreconnected and soent over 2 hours talking...we still have a lot in common and will be seeing more of her.

i think I am flaring a bit so plan on not doing a lot the rest of the day. Tomorrow I want to go to a yarn fair with a friend and need to be able to stand and walk.

Linda..read your comment about the lady claiming cures for Alzheimer’s. I am frequently offered U.N. solicited advice about vitamins, creams certain foods, gluten free, plant based etc. I tend to ignore it by asking a couple of pointed questions that makes them shut up. People are so stupid.

ithinkyiu enjoyed your dance class..good you did that.

Claudia..sounds as if r is feeling better. I need to work on syds clothes but that will be next week.

enjoy the rest of your day.🌼🌼

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Afternoon!  Glad you were able to take care of your winter clothes and the toilet leak is repaired, Claudia.  Interesting about the dogs sleeping after they go in the kennel.  I am usually tired after a trip, so maybe it is the same sort of thing.  

Another hot day here, and I may end up turning on the AC this evening.  It wasn't bad yesterday evening, but I'm not so sure for today.

Your "anniversary" dress sounds lovely, Barbara.  Hope you had fun catching up with your friend.  Also hope the owner makes better decisions on the knitting store.

The last line dance class was fun, and I ended up taking one loaf of banana bread to the adult day services and another to the senior lunch program.   I think both were happy.

DH was a bit sleepy yesterday, but he was smiling a lot.  The nurse seems happy with how his heel is healing, and I think it is much better.  But, I am a bit impatient for it to heal completely since the foot rests on his wheelchair cause me problems -- getting to the dining table, etc.  Oh well.....  

My youngest DGS and DGD applied and were accepted to transfer to the four-year college where the oldest boy went and Army DGS is going now.  DGD still needs one more class at the community college, but they admitted her anyway.  So, if all goes well, all three of them will be going there in the Fall.  Wow!  

As I mentioned on the other thread, I was a bit disturbed by the comments on "curing" dementia by one of the ladies at lunch.  I did not mention that she has RA, and she is doing all sorts of things (mostly dietary) rather than get the infusions like you do, Barbara.  She eats no gluten, etc., and has lost 20 pounds already.  A strong believer in non-traditional medicine, etc.  I would be willing to try some things, but I would rather take regular medication than practically starve myself.  I like food too much I guess.

Anyway, I hope both of you are having a nice day and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- sorry I did not see your post before I posted, Barbara.  I am glad you had such a good time with your friend and will be seeing her again.  Wish I were better at handling the unsolicited advice like you are.  Seems like you have had to deal with this quite a bit.  Hope you are feeling better for tomorrow.

Respected Contributor

Not sure the toilet leak is repaired. Last night when I went upstairs the floor was wet again. Never will I have carpet in a bathroom. The only reason it is still there is due to the clawfoot tub. We discovered the base of the toilet bolts (?) weren't tightened. Fingers crossed there's no further trouble. We certainly won't have R's buddy's son do any more work. He apparently tried to tighten things using needle nose pliers. Smh.

I reorganized the back porch somewhat now that the wine cooler and microwave are gone. Griff has fun racing around the backyard. I popped Pippin's sister into the spare room to keep him company this afternoon. Right now brother Fitz is visiting. Tigger at almost 16 is not inclined to visit. She prefers to rule from the bedroom. I see she's lost a bit of weight recently. Otherwise she seems healthy so I think it's age related.

I'm glad you and your friend reconnected and had a great lunch, Barbara.

Temperatures were near 60° today. No rain even though it was forecast. Fish for supper with the dogs getting leftovers.

I hope your DH 's heel is soon healed so the footrest is no longer needed, Linda. Wow is right with 3 grandchildren attending the same school in the fall. Time goes by so fast.

Don't let the other person upset you, linda. She probably feels the need to do something, anything to try to change  the progression of the disease. As my grandfather would say "consider the source".

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..I had a fun day but am paying for it now. After knitting a friend and I went to a yarn vendor fair at a big hotel...lots of walking and standing. I did but a couple os storage baskets and some beautiful yarn to make 2 different shawls. 

Unfortunately, I do pay for the outings but I am not about to not do things I enjoy.

syd and m are gone all day at dance and then her talent agency. Same tomorrow.

Linda..cannot believe you will have 3 grands at the same college. We only ever had 2 at a time but it was a stretch $$ wise.

My rheumatologist would shake his head at the lady who is trying to only natural things...That will not halt the disease progression.yikes. Hope Dh is good today.

Claudia..sorry the toilet leak is not repaired. 

Hope r is having a good day.

enjoy 🌼🌜

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Glad you got out, but sorry you are paying for it now, Barbara.  I tend to push myself as well -- not willing to give up things I enjoy due to pain (physical or emotional).  Hope you are feeling better soon. 

I was sort of shaking my head at the lady when she was telling her story about how she was handling RA.  Not the same thing, but one of DH's DD's patients was very stubborn about what she wanted to have done/not done when she was giving birth yesterday.  The baby seemed to be okay, but it was a close one, and DH's DD told me she did a ton of paperwork documenting what had happened.  Not fun.

I really hope the toilet is not leaking, Claudia.  What a shame that R's friend's son didn't do a good job.  Your dogs and cats certainly keep you busy.  Hope R is okay today.

It is another hot day, and I did end up using the AC yesterday evening.  Supposedly, it will be much cooler (highs in the 70's) by Tuesday and then back into the 80's by Friday.

Regarding the college -- fortunately, this is probably the least expensive 4 - year college in their area, and they can live at home.  Also, the oldest guy gets some benefits from the Army, so his portion of the tuition is low.  Fingers crossed the other two will get grants like they have at the current school.  I think both plan to work part-time as well, but we will see.  I still have a little money in their college savings accounts, and I will supplement with as much as I can.  But, they may end up taking out some student loans for the rest.  Having four kids fairly close in age is expensive no matter how you cut it.  I'm glad that I can help out as much as I can.

DH was in very good spirits today, and not leaning too much.  The newest resident has Parkinson's Disease (I asked the caregiver), and she is pretty confused.  She was sitting in her wheelchair next to DH, and put her hand on the side of his chair.  She told me not to touch him (I was holding his hand), and I told her it was okay.  She started talking softly -- lots of wild stuff about people wanting to go in her room, I think.  And, eventually, she started calling "help".  I told the caregiver who moved her closer to the kitchen.  Apparently, she wants to go to her room, but has fallen so the caregiver would rather keep her nearby.  Those caregivers certainly have their hands full.

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda