Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOliCs week of December 17

Good Evening!  That is bad about V's brother's attitude.  My friend's husband didn't get a diagnosis, since he didn't go to a doctor.  But, he wanted to die, and woke up each morning asking why he was still there. He did  die much sooner than three years.  But, it didn't  make it easy for my friend who finally got hospice care a few days before he died. 

Glad you are getting laundry, etc. done.  My DD is constantly doing laundry, but I'm doing better with mine.  Still seems I do a lot for one person.  Crazy little Pepper -- what a character.  I would hate your weather.

Sorry you could not stay asleep the other night, Claudia.  For some reason, lately I have been having bad dreams that wake me up.  I usually can get back to sleep, but it is not fun waking up like that.  Hope the bowling party goes well.  Glad it was warmer today.  It was chilly (upper 30's) this morning, but warmed up to the low 60's later in the day.  They are predicting colder temperatures on Thursday and Friday, and it may get down to the upper 20's at night then.

I had to smile that there were several people swimming this afternoon.  It was only in the 60's, but the pool is heated.  I can't handle getting in and out of the pool when it is cool outside.  Perhaps an indoor pool would be better, but I haven't tried the one indoor pool here, which is at the other end of town.

They had pizza (from Papa John's) and salad for for the senior lunch program today, and it was good.  But, my volunteer buddy and I were quite busy getting things set up, etc.  They also had a cake for one of the bosses who had her 50th wedding anniversary.  

DH was somewhat better today -- still leaning to one side, but smiled more.  The caregiver told me that the hospice caregiver found some red marks on his back, and only ate 50 percent or less of his lunch.  He did better at dinner (maybe 65%, but it was a very slow process.  

My DD and SIL bought a new (to them) leather sectional sofa last weekend.  It was a very good quality piece, and she had seen it at the used furniture store last July.  The price had been reduced and it was on sale since it had been there so long, and my SIL had money from his last job.  It looks nice, and they are happy.

Waves to chessielady and all of our posters and readers.  Sleep well everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..I am cold..have my wool throw from Scotland over my feet and legs Nd a sweater on. Just turned on thecduraflar heater. Our family roo is probably 65 or so...the rest of the house is toasty. 

It it is snowing and v has to make a run to south minneapolis...I think the roads are fine,

The bothers visit went ok..His oldest brother remains very negative...thanks for sharing your story, Lunda. I guess he and his wife fight all day long. What a way to not live.

Pepper just changed the tv station for me.

Glad Dh was better yesterday sorry his eating is becoming more of a struggle...Alzheimer’s is horrible. You deserve to buy things for yourself. Dds couch sounds nice.

Claudia..hope you had better sleep last night...

i just picked up3 new customers for my skin care line...one on the recommendation of another r friend who uses it. 

Stay warm..I know Az in cooling down next week but 60s are better than zero. Lol.

❄️❄️⛄️☃️❄️

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Definitely warmer in Arizona than in MN, Barbara.  I think it is supposed to warm up again next week, perhaps it will be very nice when you return.  Glad you got some new customers.  At least things with V's brother were not too bad.

Hope things are going okay with you and yours chessielady and Claudia.  

I had a call from the hospice nurse this morning saying DH had a fever.  She said she would be visiting him later, and I went over around 10:30.  He was still in bed, and felt hot despite having just a sheet on.  They had given him Tylenol, and his temperature was down, but still higher than normal.  He did not eat anything for breakfast, and they even had trouble giving him his medicine in yogurt.  

Long story short, when the nurse came, her thermometer had a different reading.  So, now we are confused about which thermometer is working.  She is pretty sure that he suffered a stroke which is causing several problems -- right arm, problems with chewing  liquids coming out of the side of his mouth, etc.  She does not think he has pneumonia, but that is a concern.  She decided he should get regular doses of Tylenol and have his food pureed for a while.  While she would like him to get out of bed, she said it would be okay if he stayed in bed today.  He ate a couple of spoonfuls of chocolate pudding for me, but that was it.  He isn't talking or smiling much.  Not a happy story, but I guess I just have to take it one day at a time.  

Nothing much going on here.  I am making a panettone (Italian Christmas bread for the hospice nurse -- she should be returning tomorrow.  They are having the Christmas party at DH's facility tomorrow, and I'll be going to lunch there and then to the party, assuming he will be able to attend.  No idea what I will do if he is unable to attend, but....

Have a nice evening everyone, and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. I slept very poorly last night, and I think I had too many covers.  I will test my theory tonight.

Respected Contributor

Linda..prayers that Dh feels better soon. I know how hard this is on you. 

((((Hugs))))

Respected Contributor

Linda, I'm sorry to hear you're DH isn't doing well right now. This is so hard on you. Keeping him in my prayers and hope he does better tomorrow.

Congratulations on the new customers, Barbara. Silly Pepper changing the channel. Back in the days of console tv's and no remotes my parent's shepherd would walk past the tv wagging his tail and turn the tv off. There was a button you pulled out to turn the tv on. Lots of tells from my sisters.

Just had a phone call from Adam. Things seem to be going well. He's going to the Star Wars movie with friends. He told me that when he takes the 2 cats to the vet, Athena  (the small one) rides on his shoulder.

Hoping for a few more stories of your trip, chessielady.

I take TT to the groomers tomorrow morning. Wish me luck getting him in the car.

Super Contributor

Another early start to the day. Dogs fed and exercised. Apple cake in the oven and veggies chopped for soup. Now to drink my tea and rest a few minutes.

Year ago I did a Roman walking tour of parts of London. It was thru the Museum of London. They said rain or shine...well just my luck it POURED thru the entire walk. I got to see lots of ruins still standing in London that I never knew about. Roman walls around the Barbicon center, Learned about Boudica, even got to into the Billingsgate building with the ruins of a Roman villa and bath house...that was way cool. I learned about the Roman amphitheatre that was at the London Guild Hall. Learned that the exits from the amphitheatre were called the "vomitorias" ...loved that one! Any way we walked pass the Bloomberg building in progress. In the digging they found the ruins of the Roman Temple of Mithras. She told us that Bloomberg planned a museum/display that would open when the building opened for use.

So fast forward. The Bloomberg building and Temple of Mithras museum opened in November so I went back to see. WOW..they did such a good job on the museum/Roman temple!! I highly would recomend seeing it. While there go see St Stephen Walbrook Church which is near by..it was hit hard during the blitz but was rebuilt. They say it was Wren's practice church for many of the things he did at St Pauls. Also go to the Guild Hall. The basement Roman ruins are really fantastic. Everything is free to see. I could tell you about lots of other Roman ruins in London besides the Piece of wall at the Tower. London is so wonderfull!!

Well Tea is finished and the dogs are restless! Have a great day!

Respected Contributor

Wow! I need another trip to London if I can figure how to get around. I will have to take notes of all these places.

TT is at the groomers. For a while I wonder rd if I would get him there. It took several tried to get Griff out of the kitchen and TT in. Griff knew  I had moved the car to the fenced yard and was determined he was going. I could hear him bellowing in the house once I got TT from the kitchen to the yard. Then TT decided if dad wasn't going he shouldn't go. Arghh. Back up the steps he went twice. Finally I got him loaded.

When I made the turn into the street the groomer is on TT started whining even though we had a mile to get there. He loves to go and gives newfie kisses and they like him. The previous groomer was ok but more expensive and favors small dogs. She referred to him as Titan the t*rd. TT Is very pleased to be loved and appreciated.

Griff is not speaking to me. He actually left the room when I got home. No tail wags, no "oh joy you're home". He obviously felt that if any dog went it should be him.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon...had an earlyPpointment with my rheumatologist. V drove but we did not get the expected snow and traffic was very light because of the holiday. Stopped by target to drop off my prescriptions and then went to knitting.

That is always a good time.

i have nothing else planned for today..v is doing laundry again..lol.

Pepper is much happier with her sweater on. At least she is not shivering. The sweater is huge on her..m decided she needed a medium rather than a small. Oh my..

Claudia..that is funny about griff wanting to go along and then pouting...dogs really do have personalities.

Chessielady..what. Fantastic trip...

linda..hope Dh is better today.

i am freezing...glad we are getting out of here when we are because New Years weekend is supposed to be way below zero.

enjoy your day

Esteemed Contributor

Glad you got things done and enjoyed knitting, Barbara.  None of my dogs would wear sweaters and usually destroyed them the first time I put them on.  Glad Pepper is doing okay with hers despite it being too large. 

Happy you will be getting out of the cold there.  One of the ladies in DH's facility is from MN, and her husband and older brother were visiting her today for the Christmas lunch and party.  None of them thought it was cold/chilly, but the caregivers and I did for sure.  It is in the mid 50's and windy, plus we are expecting highs in the upper 20's tonight.  All that is cold for Arizona, but warm for MN.

DH was better today, thank goodness.  He was in his wheelchair instead of the bed.  While he didn't eat all that much of his pureed food and was sleepy, he smiled a lot more than yesterday. I guess he didn't smile yesterday.  I am home briefly, and I'll return because the nurse is visiting again later.

Your trip sounds so great, chessielady.  I would have loved that tour except for the pouring rain part.  I was pretty excited to see the Roman and Greek ruins in Turkey.  They (the Romans) certainly got around.  Hope you enjoy your apple cake and soup -- sounds good to me.

Hope the grooming visit went okay, Claudia.  Glad Adam seems to be doing well.

Have a nice evening everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Super Contributor

One last thing for you to do on your next trip Claudia. Look into booking a ticket to the Ceremony of the Keys at the Tower.  It occurs around 9:30 pm or so if I remember correctly. You have to book really early as it is so popular. They take reservations I think about a year in advance and they book up quickly. I did that with my youngest daughter I think 2 years ago. We were let in to the Tower well after closing, a short explanation of the ceremony then we went in. We were lined up across from the Wakefield Tower and Traitors Gate.  It was the BEST thing ever that I've got to do in London. Really would advise any one to see this.

Hope every one has a nice evening and sleeps well!