Super Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOlIcs week of November 19

Glad Turkey day is over! House over loaded with people and dogs! Back to my wacky normal today. Except that husband has decided to replace a shut off on one of the water spigots in the back forty! The temps are at 72 degrees! This weather has run to every extreme possible! Let's hope he doesn't run into any unexpected problems...that can happen around here very easily and prolong the project.

That incident that was reported today in London at the Oxford Circus tube station is wild. I use that station almost every day that I am in London. It's in Soho and a very busy station. Still couldn't keep me away from London!

Hope everyone has a good day and all dogs are being good!

Respected Contributor

We are having a quiet day...no need or desire to go shopping.  M and syd went yesterday and sydnie thought it was much fun, she wants to go again today. Poor m

our dinner yesterday was nice. I sent leftovers home with them because it was way too much for us. I was very achy last night but feel better today. 

It is is going to be hot enough to turn on the ac today. There is a cool down predicted for next week..I am ready to wear some fall clothes.

Linda..glad the dinner at dhs place was good. You are so good with him.

Claudia..nice that you got to talk to Adam. It sounds as if he is doing well.

Enjoy your day.

Respected Contributor

I heard about the Oxford For us tube station, chessielady. I agree- it wouldn't keep me away from London. I tried to convince R we should take a quick trip over but no luck. After years of my trying to convince him the kitchen needs a complete remodel he's finally convinced. So I will try to remain focused on that.

72°- wow! It almost reached 50° here. I'm sure the hunters aren't pleased at the lack of snow. R decided no hunting or hunting camp this year as there's too much chance of falling. He's having difficulty walking more than a short distance.

We had breakfast at Bob Evans - timed it just right. After we were seated a lot of early shoppers turned up. Afterwards we went to WM for cat food and new extension cord. Timed that right too as it wasn't packed. There aren't many local choices for shopping so I do most of mine online.

Esteemed Contributor

Glad you had a nice talk with Adam, and breakfast and shopping went well today, Claudia.  I love travel, but I think I'd focus on the kitchen remodel as well.  Like Barbara, we are having very warm/hot weather here, but it should be cooler next week.  I guess I am fortune that the house isn't hot enough to require AC.  In fact, it is quite comfortable.  

Happy you are not as achy today, Barbara.  Also glad your Thanksgiving meal went so well.  I don't envy M or my grandsons who are busy with the Black Friday shoppers. 

I agree with you chessielady.  That incident at the tube station was pretty weird, but if we worried about every incident we would probably be stuck at home forever.  I'm counting on your travelog from London.  Glad things have quieted down there.

DH was sleepy again today, but he did eat several donut holes and lunch.  They put him to bed for a nap before his DD called back, but we will try again tomorrow.  

I started decorating yesterday evening and I'm continuing to do so today.  I either got rid or more things that I thought or haven't found some things yet.  Still have plenty of decorations.  I like the new small tree I ordered, and I used ornaments from the larger, but still small tree to decorate it.

DD said that they were expecting the vacation pay from my SIL's old job, but it won't be arriving for two weeks.  Looks like I will need to send more money.  Oh well....

Hope everyone has a nice evening.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

It's a shame your sil's vacation pay is delayed, Linda.

I may get a few decorations up eventually. Holidays are difficult for R. With just the 2 of us here I don't pull out all the decorations like I did when one of both of the kids were nearby. Also anything I put out has to be dog proof.

Hope your DH is able to talk with his daughter tomorrow.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon...for some reason, this is. Difficult day..I need to get some energy up to sing tomorrow.yikes..

v is watching college football the floors need to be cleaned but he can do that tomorrowhile I am at church. He is not going because he cannot keep himself from falling asleep and it is a little embarrassing. He got into that habit when he was young and it has really gotten bad as he has aged.

i just turned on the ac...this heat is nuts. 

M got all of her shopping done...usually she goes out around dec 22 soiam pretty impressed.

no word on whether she got the tree up.  

Claudia..I have very few decorations here and have been putting up fewer at our other home.

Linda hope your day is going well.  

Chessielady,..sounds as if you had a busy turkey day.

enjoy

Respected Contributor

Good for M. Most of my gift purchases will be money or gift cards as that is preferred.

I hope you get an energy boost, Barbara. Sorry it's a difficult day. Poor V falling asleep.

Mother never knew what embarrassing situation might arise when she was singing. It could range from dad showing up in mismatched plaid to us kids trying not to to laugh when dad (a former Baptist) decided to kneel and the kneelers were up to Rich loudly saying "when I was little my mom and dad got married but now that I'm big they're not"). Where he dreamed that up from nobody knows.

50° today but due to the wind it felt colder.

Linda and chessielady, hope your day has gone well.

I have some more clothes to sort and several cats eager to help. A certain newfie went over by R's chair in the back room and without being noticed helped himself to the small plastic container holding some putty for squeezing in his hand. Darn good thing I noticed TT had something when I walked into th living room a minute later and the kid was still on. He still has that mischievous streak he had as a puppy.

He reminded me of years ago when we were at mother's for Christmas. Our dog at the time, Cookie Monster stole the shepherd's bone, hid it in her mouth so we didn't find it till we got home.

Esteemed Contributor

Good evening!  Hope you feel better tomorrow, Barbara.  I have had rare stomach issues today, which have made things less active than normal.  Good for M with the shopping.  Like Claudia. my gifts are almost all gift cards or cash, so I don't have to worry about shopping for others very much.  Sorry V has problems staying awake at church.  I had that issue when DH kept me up so much at night, but fortunately not now.  

Your dogs certainly keep you busy, Claudia.  Sounds like singing at church was a challenge for your Mom.

Hope your day went well, chessielady.

It is warm/hot here, but the house is still very nice (low 70's).  

DH was very sleepy today, but he ate pretty well, and we were able to talk to his DD.  She is thinking about bringing the girls for a visit around New Years, and asked me what I thought.  I asked her to wait until I see if he is awake more.  It would be pretty boring for them to sit around watching him sleep.  The swearing lady was out of control yesterday when they tried to give her a much needed shower.   Today, another lady was acting up -- grabbed and scratched the caregiver, and then went without her diaper (refused to wear) and urinated all over.  I sure don't envy the caregivers.

Need to get things done here.  Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Yikes, Linda. Those caregivers have their hands full. Sorry you weren't feeling well. Take it easy and feel better soon.