Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLliCs week of May 20

Good morning..it got down to 45 last night so I turned on the heat. Sydnie has recitals all day...we are going to the last one at 6. 

I am am so upset over the reactions to the latest shooting...I had a very secure school with metal detectors and I still experienced a couple of incidents.  Since I do not want ourvthread proofed I will be quiet. 

Linda, I think you leave pretty soon.  Hope the weather is better..it has been a rainy, muddy mess out there. I thought the wedding was lovely yesterday..there are a lot of negative people on these boards. I stay away from those threads.

Claudia..hope the weekend has gone well for r.  And perhaps you have enjoyed the break. You have a very full plate. 

Enjoy your day...😘😘

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLliCs week of May 20

Linda..just read your post from last night.

yikes to the water issues where dd is...that would be quite the hardship with her big family. 

Because indomnot snack..I don’t take any..v , however packs granola bars. Lol. And all of my books are on my kindle. I have lots of meds and other things to pack.

hope you find the rash guard ok..if not lands end has easy returns. They do have shirts that provide spf 50...or maybe it is llbean.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  That is very chilly, Barbara.  I am sure my heat would be on as well.  Enjoy Syd's recital.  Fingers crossed the weather won't be a problem when I am in Maryland.  These school shootings are horrible, and I have to believe that there is some solution, but I don't know what it is.  

I am not a big snacker at home, but I have had more than one trips when I was very hungry with nothing to eat.  Finding something at the airport is not always possible or easy due to time constraints, etc., and I have been "burned" a few times buying something that I really did not like and throwing it away.  I don't usually take my Kindle since I take the I-pad (old version), but I may try that since I have started a new book on my Kindle.  I'm sure you take many more medicines than I do, but I take a lot of vitamins, OTC stuff, etc. just in case.   I know that I could probably buy most of what I need when I get to my destination (particularly this time), but it is difficult for me to let things go.  You are definitely a more experienced and better packer.

Happy to report that my Lands End shirts came yesterday, and I wore one this morning on my walk.  Not too hot.  So far, so good.

Not many people at church this morning, nor were there many choir members.  But, it was nice.  

Hope things are going okay there, Claudia, and R and the furbabies are giving  you a little break.

Have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

It is cooler here today. Last night there was a thunderstorm. Good thing I sent R off with a couple choices for keeping his cast dry.. I never thought he'd want to stay at the range since he can't shoot muzzleloader. If I had thought he wanted to camp I would have paid the extra for a waterproof cast.

My sister finally heard from my cousin. We'll meet him at a local firehall Wednesday then follow him to his uncle's (my co-worker's dad). He wants to walk up to the top of the hill behind the house. Better take my cane and wear the walking shoes. His older brother who lives in the Carolinas won't be there.

Linda, I usually pack a number of otc meds. I have found if I need something a store is not always nearby. I learned the hard way to pack a couple snacks. Glad you like the LE shirts.

The violence and shootings are terrible and it can happen anywhere.

Last night the dogs were quiet. Yay! If they had kept me awake a second night I would have been tempted to spend the money and board them.

Enjoy the recital, Barbara. I know  Syd will do very well.

I've worked more on the sunporch and have donations loaded in the car. Garbage is out. I also put out R's folding hunting shelter that is falling apart. It won't fit in a garbage bag so I laid it flat and out the garbage bags on  top. Fingers crossed they take it. I need to start another load of laundry. R didn't put  clothes and towels away so not knowing what was clean, I ended up washing it all. One bin of R's winter clothes made it to the attic.

Respected Contributor

It is a cool cloudy day..rain is expected all, week so my window washing will have to wait.

Syds recital was very long. A dancer in another group fainted and hit her head somthings were delayed until the ambulance came.  Syd was very tire after the competition earlier in the week...and all of of the recitals. The teachers also remarked that it was a long week.

i plan on finishing my scarf today.

m was room mother for a group ofv4 year olds and a little girl told her that she could not touch her because her mommy said that “people like her can’t touch her”. What a terrible thing to say.. the studio said they were going to investigate and the kid would not be dancing there next year,

Claudia...glad you got some organization done..I am so pleased with mine. Glad to hear that r is doing ok. I am so glad Pepper does not bark

Linda..good that the shirts are working out..hope Dh is good for you today..

enjoy your day.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Glad the dogs gave you a break, and you got so much accomplished, Claudia.

That is a shame about Syd's recital, Barbara.  Reminds me a little of when other players were injured on the football field and everything came to a halt until the ambulance came.  Unsettling and time-consuming.  I can't imagine what that Mom had said to her 4-year old, but it must have been pretty bad.  Hope the studio does take action.

DD said she was finally able to do laundry, and had stacks of it going.  The city nearby is still under water restrictions, and the county may be declared a "disaster area".  Yikes.  More rain is expected tomorrow, so one of my DGS should be mowing this afternoon.  

I'm off to visit one of my friends who is dying of cancer.  Hope that it will be a positive visit for both of us.  DH was doing pretty well today, and I may stop by again this afternoon.  Leaving him, even for a short time, is difficult for me.  But, the trip is necessary.  By the way, I leave early tomorrow.  I try not to say much on-line just in case some troll is looking for a vacant house to rob.  

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

We had a warm sunny day here. The street above us is closed for paving. Since ours is a one block L shaped street exiting onto the street the garbage truck did not pick up today. Hopefully they can tomorrow.

I moved the living room furniture. I like the new arrangement better. Not quite done as R arrived . His buddy has appointments the next 2_days and won't be camping so R came home bringing wet clothes with him. It poured up there and water came into the tent.

Griff was overjoyed to see "his dad". Stood on his hind legs and put his paws on his shoulders.

I ended up doing errands with R and never got back to organizing. We picked up a more powerful battery trimmer at Lowe's. Hopefully I can handle it.

Safe travels, Linda. Hope you have good weather while visiting DD.  I know it's difficult leaving your DH but as you say necessary. I do hope you and your friend had a good visit.

Barbara, what a terrible thing to tell a child. Smh. I'm sure Syd was tired after the series of recitals.

Respected Contributor

Good morning..it is rather cloudy but is supposed to be close to 80 today. Syd had a headache this morning, which is very unusual for her. She is very tired after all of the activities last week.

my usual mundane daily things are happening..I cannot do a lot without sitting for a while..very frustrating. 

Linda..safe travels..hope you have a great visit.  When I visit my friend Dh , wh has end stage cancer, we just talk about normal things...that is the way he prefers it. 

Claudia, glad survived the weekend...too bad you had all of the wet things to deal with. I am sure griff was happy to see him.pepper senses she syd is due Home from school and waits by the door.

need to go change the laundry have a wonderful day.

i finished my scarf. Will post a pic on fb when it is dry from blocking.

😍😍

Respected Contributor

Have a great visit, Linda.

Today was very busy. My friend (from as far back as first grade) and I had a nice lunch. Long enough that we needed to feed the parking meters partway through. I picked Tt's meds up at the clinic along with flea medicine then went to Wegman's for a few groceries and recycled my plastic bottles. Also stopped at the bank.

Once home it looked like rain so I hurried and did yard cleanup plus mowed as much as I could. I should sleep well tonight after that and my daily chores.

R's right knee is acting up. I got his brass headed cane out for him.

It is frustrating having to pace yourself, Barbara. Hope you soon have more energy.

When I was growing up our Boston Terrier and before her Pepper, the Beagle knew what time I was due home from school. They would be on the back of the couch watching out the window. Oops I need to run out and drop off the homeowners insurance payment.

Esteemed Contributor

As you may have read, my trip here was not at all smooth.  Mainly weather issues, plus a very inefficient hotel shuttle.  I am amazed that so many people are traveling with pets these days.  There were therapy dogs on both flights, but there were quite a large number of small dogs and cats in carriers.  I know kennels and pet sitters can be expensive, but I would think long and hard before I put my pet through an airline flight.

DD is on her way to pick me up, but she said it will probably take her at least 1 1/2 hours to get here.  

Sorry you aren't feeling great, Babara.  Hope you are better today.  It is a shame that Syd had a headache.  Hope things are okay there today, Claudia.

My visit with my dying friend went much better than I expected.  Her body is giving out in multiple ways, but her brain is still strong.  And, I think her husband was very happy that I visited (we talked for a while before she woke up.). Hospice was supposed to visit yesterdat, and I was able to share some information that I hope made him feel better.  He said that she is ready to go, and she has not eaten much of anything for the past two weeks.  She told me that her doctor urged her to go to the family Christmas celebration last year, and she was very happy that she could do so.  I think my experience with DH has helped me know better what to say and do in these circumstances.  Progress for me.

Hope both of you have a good day!

Hugs,

Linda