Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLiCs week of March 25

Good morning. I am back from the church marathon...it is a very nice day. We may hit the 90s by the end of the week.

we will have a quiet afternoon..I need to work on some music for next weekend . The house should be cleaned a little, but I can do that tomorrow.

we have the show this evening..our friends went and said it was very enjoyable. 

Hope me your day is going well.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLiCs week of March 25

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Glad you survived the church marathon, and hope you enjoy the show.  It is supposed to be cooler for the next few days, but back in the 80's by Thursday.  Glad you are having a quiet afternoon.  

Hope all is going well with you, R, and your furbabies, Claudia.  Seems like you always have something going on.  Also hope you are taking care of yourself.

Church was good, and I'm headed to the gym soon.  I'll visit DH later.

Hope everyone has a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Enjoy the show, Barbara. A quiet afternoon sounds nice.

It was sunny and in the mid 40's today. No jacket needeneededd just a wonderful turtleneck. I got a number of things done today. Pippen is eating a little bitbit on his own. Not much but it's progress. He ate some of the cats regular dry food but turned his nose up at the special kidney food. He drank a bit of milk but ignored the moist food.

Hope your day went as planned, Linda.

I did an errand at WM. As soon as I got to the produce section where the cut flowers are I started sneezing. It was horrible. Every 15 to 20 seconds another sneeze. Luckily the further I got from that section the less sneezing.

Respected Contributor

Mr. Pippen Sylvester continues to eat. He doesn't eat a lot but it's progress. I am feeling more optimistic about his recovery.

The temperature reached 51° today. Griffyn was dancing about. Spring has sprung and so has the pyr. TT though was not up to playing.

I would like to get the old cat tree taken apart and put it out with the garbage a bit at a time. R, however, thinks it just fine. Oh well, it can just continue to take up space in his work room.

I hope you enjoy the show tonight, Barbara.

Linda, I hope your DH is doing well and you've had a good day.

I'm starting to work on the sunporch, gathering the winter things up and storing them. Once one area gets finished it's on to the next room.

I hope everyone has a good evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Glad it was warmer there, and Pippen ate a little, Claudia.  One day at a time for that cat.  Hope you get that cat tree in the trash -- sure you will eventually, but.......  Also hope R, the other furbabies, and you are doing okay.

It has been a pretty wild day for me. While I was in "strong bones" class,  I had a text from the hospice nurse that DH had a blister, and she and her boss were planning to visit him today.  I got there while they were working on him.  He had a huge blister on one of his heels, and he was sleeping away.  Anyway, they put on a big bandage, and I sat while he slept.  Eventually, I took a short walk, and the caregiver got him up so I could feed him a little.  He just had yogurt and milk, and it was difficult to keep him awake, but I was happy he ate a little.

I stopped by the grocery to pick up some produce, had lunch, and took our materials to the accountant.  On the way home, I stopped by the park (it was developed by the garden club, and is totally neat).  Got home, and found a revised tax form for one of DH's accounts.  I rushed back to the accountant's office, and then decided to check back to see how DH was doing.  He was in bed, but he was somewhat awake.  The caregiver told me that the blister burst when they were changing him, and I should let the hospice nurse know.  I called her and left a message, and then I talked to the caregiver about giving him dinner.  I don't know what they planned to do, but I think he could eat okay.  Anyway, I was on the way to the gas station, and the hospice nurse called.  She had finished work, but she said she would stop by and see what was happening with him.  No call since then, so I guess she decided the new bandage could wait until tomorrow.

I'm tired, and I haven't really done much of anything.  Yikes!  It didn't help that I had a phone call last night when I was sound asleep, but.....

Hope you had a good day, Barbara, and both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good morning...I wanted to post before the day got away from me, which happened yesterday.

Cavalia was outstanding on sunday night. I am very glad I got premium tickets because we were front and center in perfect seats. The horses were beautiful and to see them with their handlers, riders was amazing. The costuming was beautiful ....it had elements of cirque de soleil, but was very much its own show.

yesterday was busy....book club, cocktails at a friends house. I was on the phone a lot with both Amie and M. And I ended up on FaceTime with syd last night trying to give her ideas on how to be less robotic in her solo.

Linda, hope dhs problem on his foot is taken care of. Hope your dgd gets some help with her ear. That was a good pic you posted of the clouds.

Claudia..glad pippin is eating. Hope r is feeling better.

we play cards this morning and I have a 3 hour choir practice tonight.

enjoy the day 😍

Respected Contributor

Wouldn't you know that revised tax form would arrive after you had dropped everything off to the tax preparer, Linda. At lea,at you had time to tax it there.

Sorry about your DH 's "blister". I hope it heals quickly. Fingers crossed that earplugs help your DGD.

Pippen was not pleased at getting his medicine. I had to follow around the room. I figure it's a sign he feels better. Now If I can just get him to eat the special food.

You certainly had a busy day, Barbara. Im glad you enjoyed the performance Sunday and had such good seats.

Today was rainy and cold. I got a few things done but not what I hoped. I worked on the simplest earlier. There's more to do but TT has positioned himself against the door. When 200 pounds doesn't want to move the best thing is to go d something else to do.

Esteemed Contributor

You have been one busy lady, Barbara.  Glad the Cavalia show was so good, and you had great seats.  I bet you will be tired this evening.

Apparently, DGD's ears are better.  She and oldest DGS went to a concert in DC on Saturday night, and DD was nervous about the noise, but it worked out okay.  

No word on DH yet, so I'll just wait until I get back from the gym to visit.  The senior lunch program went okay today.

Much to my surprise, DD sent an Easter gift to me -- a lovely Easter-themed scarf and a candle.  Nice.

Hope things are going okay there, Claudia, and Pippen is improving.  My lunch buddy was upset since her kitten (I think less than a year old) has learned how to climb their palo verde tree in the backyard.  She could not reach the cat even with a stool, but her DH could do so.  I don't think she plans to let the cat out unless her husband is home from now on.  They have an older cat (I think 12 or 13) who has been ill off and on, but seems to be doing okay.  They don't have children, so I hear lots about their cats.  I think she would have a nervous breakdown if she had as many cats as you do, plus dogs, and a husband who needs a lot of attention.  Please try to take care of yourself.

Off to the gym now.  Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. Any Linea purchases this time, Claudia?  He certainly has some lovely things, including the jewelry. But, I'm still trying to resist clothing and shoe purchases.  I've failed on the shoe part, but.....

Respected Contributor

Back in the early 70's I brought a kitten home from college. I had driven down for a student teaching meeting and got stuck there due to a blizzard. The girls who had him were going to go home for Christmas and just put him outside. I never did get Whisky back from mother who often referred to him as "Baby" . One time he climbed the apple tree and did not know how to get down. The old grey cat was circling the bottom yelling at him trying to tell him how to get down. Dad had to get the ladder out to go rescue "Baby".I

Linda, Im glad DGD's ears are better. Such a pleasant surprise to get an Easter present.

R is at bowling which will end in a week or so. Then there will be 3 bowling dinners to go to along with all the upcoming medical appointments.

I watched the Linea show on my Kindle Fire. So many tempting items. I ordered the maxi dress In petite plus the wk tanks to go with the "duster".t

Recently i ordered a saucony walking shoe and it's made walking more comfortable. I'll call that a need instead of a want.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..it will be a very nice day here. I did my Easter grocery shopping..we are going to have a simple meal...ham, scalloped potatoes and grilled asparagus with another couple.

nothing else exciting today...if I get my energy up. I may go to the pool

Claudia..that duster looked nice as did the dress. I am trying not to buy anything but necessities. The amount of clothes I have is ridiculous.

m is happy, one of the best tap dancers in the twin cities is going to work with Syd...he knows her and thinks she has a lot of potential. 

Linda, glad dhs bluster is healing. You do such a good job with being there for him. Hoe the new caregiver works out. Nice that dd sent you a gift.

i have some over ripe bananas that I need to do something with. Think bread is going to happen..

enjoy💜💜