Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLiCS week of February 25

Good morning. We are off to the Renaissance festival in a little while. We were at the zoo for 5 hours yesterday..the kids really enjoyed it. Today will be more of a challenge for me because it is a lot of walking. 

Sydnie did very well at her competition..she won the fabulous feet award for the best tapper but did not win a platinum because there was a boy, who was nowhere near her level and boys always win. But she was very happy. Dance judging is very subjective.

M said they were expecting at least 10 inches of snow. 

Linda, glad you are enjoying your visitors.

Claudia, hope r hears good things on his test results. It was hood that insurance approved the bone stimulator.

enjoy your day 😍

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLiCS week of February 25

Hope you have fun at the Renaissance festival, Barbara, and the walking/getting around isn't too hard on you.  Great news about Syd.  I hope the snow doesn't pose too much difficulty for M.

Not sure if I mentioned it, but DH's older granddaughter has decided to go to the dance school in Austin, TX.  It will be in July, and she wants to fly on her own there.  And, perhaps have the rest of the family come to pick her up at the end and see her performance.  That is up for debate.  While it is one of the less expensive schools, the cost for four weeks (including classes, the dorm, food, etc.) is about $4,000.  DH's DD has asked her to pay part of the cost, and she has decided to try babysitting, etc.  It is really not so much the money as having her feel that she has more of a stake in things.

This morning's visit with DH went well, and I'll be leaving for the gym soon.  I'll go back later and feed DH dinner.  He was less sleepy this morning, thank goodness.  And, I think the family was happy that they visited him.

Hope things are quiet there, Claudia.  Also hope R isn't in too much pain, and you aren't overdoing it.

Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I hope the Ren Festival has some places you can sit, Barbara. I'm sure the kids will enjoy it.

Yikes, 10" of snow.

Hopefully DH's Gd can find some babysitting jobs. It's good for her to have an investment in it, Linda. Good luck tackling the director tomorrow. I can imagine how upsetting it was to see that pt worker there. With her experience there's no excuse for her saying she panicked.

My aunt died last night. 4 days after my uncle. I was surprised to hear the hospice  would have sent her back to the nursing home Monday if she hadn't passed away by then. Certainly different than our local hospice.  A very short obituary for her and no separate one for my uncle. I found that disappointing but it was not my decision and I'm sure my cousins are devastated by the double loss. My uncle was at the Cape during the early days of the space program, then with TWA, and back during the shuttle era.

TT is camped out on the floor by my chair which I've moved to a corner of the room. The sun is out and I think the temperature is in the 40's.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry to hear about your Aunts death, Claudia.  May she rest in peace.  Sending my condolences and prayers.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon...my condolences to you on the death of your aunt.

My kids left at 5:30 this morning and they arrived home at 1 their time. We had a great time....The kids were very good..Vanessa wants to come again. We had a good time at the Renaissance festival..I used a cart which made such a digfference for me. I will do what I need to do to get around. I could have walked it but it would not have been a good time. 

I swept eat up the crumbs from the floor..they are pretty neat eaters and the parents do not leave messes around. 

I do not have to cook for a few days..have lots of leftovers.

nothing else exciting..I have my book club today...the selection was very poorly written and I could not read it. This group seems to like romance fiction or bad mysteries.arghhh.

Hoe your day is going well.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry to hear about the bookclub selection, Barbara.  I really have difficulty reading poorly written books. We are reading a very interesting book this month, "Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI." 

Glad you had a good time at the Renaissance festival and used the cart.  Nice that Vanessa wants to return and they didn't make too much mess.  Also nice that you have leftovers for a while.

As I mentioned on the other thread, DH's facility called while I was in class this morning, and they will not have the questionable caregiver in DH's house next weekend.  They were very apologetic.  And, the other driver's insurance company has provided DGS with a rental car and will get back to him about the repairs.  Fingers crossed they will pay for repairs rather than calling it "totalled"

DH was very sleepy today, but he seemed okay and ate well.  

Hope you are doing okay, Claudia.

Have a nice evening everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

That's great that a rental car will be provided for your dgs, Linda. That will save your DD from driving him. I hope the truck is fixable.

I am glad to hear that caregiver will not be in your DH's "house".

Sorry about the book club choice, Barbara. Hopefully the next choice will be bettere

R had the followup appointment with the surgeon who did the endoscopy. Fortunately he does not have Barrett's Esophagus. Unfortunately the surgeon Is leaving- has only been here about a year. Tomorrow is the trip to the microsurgeon for the bone stimulator. The weather should be sunny and in the 50's.

The paisley recliner I ordered arrived today. So far I'm pleased with It. UPS was kind enough to carry the 70 pound box up the steps and over the threshold. I like my leather chair and ottoman from an estate sale several years ago but it does sit lower and some days I have trouble getting up and out of it. The seat on this is 20" vs. 1 6" for the chair. So far it was a great buy with fast free shipping.

I need to get back to sorting clothes. I never finished going through winter ones because R got sick right after Christmas. Now it's time to put those away and bring down spring clothes.

Respected Contributor

I am leaving shortly for choir practice.. played cards this morning and ended up in2nd place..won $3. Woohoo.

we are to have rain here tonight and tomorrow and I am debating running my errands later because rain here is like ice in minn. lol.

Linda..glad to hear that the caregiver situation is taken care of.good thecdgs will have a rental car..hope the insurance is not too much of an ordeal for your dd. 

Claudia..hope the trip to get the bone stimulator went well. Glad r does not have that esophagus issue.

enjoy the rest of your day.

Esteemed Contributor

Happy R does not have the esophagus issue, Claudia.  At least one less problem.  Hope the surgeon visit went well.  Glad you like the bargain recliner.  

Congrats on the big card win, Barbara.  I'm not looking forward to the rain and wind tonight and tomorrow, and I am a little concerned since the "field trip" to Tubac is supposed to be tomorrow morning.  As you said, rain here can be like ice or snow elsewhere.  

I mentioned all DD's issues on the other thread (water heater, lights, etc.) but just got some very good news.  The insurance company is giving them much more than expected for the totalled truck, so with an addition from me they should be able to purchase a used car.  

I'm off to the gym soon, and I'll visit DH later.  Hope everyone has a nice evening.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

That's great news for your DD and DGS, Linda. I hope there's no rain for your Tubac trip.

A win is a win, Barbara. I was never much good at cards.

We got home with the bone stimulator shortly before R's bowling. Funny thing is he's to use it post surgery which is 8 weeks away. These trips tire me out because I do the driving. Maybe it's because I have to listen to the "driver" in the passenger seat. Lol.

While R Is at bowling I've been paying bills for the first part of March.

It was sunny and 55° today. Rain expected tomorrow. I hope everyone has a good evening.