Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLiCS -- Week of March 1st

Glad your brother is okay, Claudia.  So far, my friends in TN are checking in okay, but so many deaths and damage -- sad.  Thank heavens you made it home and were able to get the tires replaced.  I really don't think that is too bad for towing, but towing plus four new tires -- ouch.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..it is lovely here. Today is vs birthday. He was making an angel food cake last night when the mixer went out and did something to the circuit. So he tried to hand beat it. The cake is maybe 3 inches high..lol. I will try to make one after I get a new hand mixer.

good news..the electrician got the stove out and we hired a plumber who will install it .i called Home Depot to get a refund on the installation and the old stove hauled away. All I can say is omg..every other professional who has come in has bad mouthed . Never again.

i think m has calmed down because things are getting finished. Hopefully the house can go on the market by the 20th.

Claudia..I agree with what dhs son said,,they need to deal with the tax stuff because it is no longer yours. I cannot imagine your sil expecting you to pay her health insurance. Yikes. Are you still planning on going to England?? I just had friends cancel a cruise to the British isles in May. 

Claudia..glad you got the tires replaced. Also happy your brother s ok. That was a terrible storm. Hope r is feeling ok. The Great Pyrenees has been at the dog park mst times we are there. Pepper barks at him and it takes one giant woof to chase her of

by the way her breeder always called her trouble.

i am FB to get my hair a bit more manageable. I have a good stylist here and I am sure he can figure out.

enjoy your day.😎😎

Honored Contributor

Barbara @sydsgma1   This is for V

Image result for happy birthday cake gif

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

I hope V enjoys his birthday in spite of the 3" cake , Barbara. It's good the old stove is out and new set to be installed. Things are moving along. We were pretty fortunate when Lowe's redid our kitchen. It is a chilly wet day here. Yesterday we had lots of rain and wind. At least we no longer have the wind. Yesterday when I was getting the car the door of the service center was nearly ripped out of my hand by the wind.

I was up earlier than I liked this morning. Today was recycling pickup. Usually I put things out the night before but last night was too windy. The truck can show up anytime from 7 AM to 5 PM. I was out at 6:30 setting out the bins and cardboard and they turned up just after I finished. When I opened the front door to put things out the young feral cat was impatiently waiting.

After a light breakfast I tried going back to bed but no luck. Maybe it was due to 15 pounds of Mama Boots deciding to lay on my hip. I don't need a weighted blanket. Lol.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Happy Birthday to V. Barbara.  Sorry about the cake, but....  Glad things are moving ahead with the stove and the house will be on the market later this month.  Don't know if I mentioned it, but my house sale was delayed by a tree falling on the house.  I was out in Arizona trying to arrange to have the tree cut down and disposed of.  While it didn't hurt the house, I didn't think too many people would want to buy a house with a tree on it.  Glad M is doing better. 

I think Home Depot and other stores hire people to do installation who don't always know what they are doing.  I had very good luck with my dryer installation, but not great with other appliances.

I'm still planning to go to England and Scotland.  If the tour is canceled, I hope that I get my money back from the tour company.  I did buy insurance and my flight is through them.  I am not panicked at this point since the trip isn't until the end of May.  

My SIL did not ask me to pay for her health insurance, but I thought (not sure) it was a hint that I do so.  Hopefully, things will work out for her to have the biopsy done earlier than in three months.  I didn't know that it was common to have to wait that long for insurance to kick in.

DH's son has been busy trying to straighten out the tax form mess, but has not been successful so far.  Going back and forth between the companies and the broker is such a hassle.   Hopefully, he will have better luck tomorrow.  By the way, the broker told him that the assets were transferred out, and I should not have gotten the K-1's, but.....  The companies said that the assets he received were listed as "gifts" -- yikes.

We have the same recycling day, Claudia.  Our trash company is a little better about the timing most weeks, but....  I don't know what type of receptacle you have for your recycle, but mine is a short milk crate type (no lid).  I noticed a neighbor up the street had made a sort of lid for his recycle bin -- a board that fit over the trash with a handle.  I was jealous because when we have windy days, it is difficult to avoid flying trash.  I used big rocks, but there were not enough.  Anyway, I happened to mention my admiration of his invention to my neighbor's wife, and he just made me one!  I was so thrilled that he did so.  Not sure if that would work for your trash, but maybe R could make one for you.

Your weather doesn't sound nice, Claudia.  Sorry you couldn't get back to sleep after getting up early.     

It is lovely here, and I think I will go for a walk soon.

DD's little dog had a bad reaction to his medication and was up all night.  She took him in today, and they gave him the medicine by injection plus anti-nausea medication by injection.  She said there was a lot of crying going on.  Poor little thing.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama  Bernie thank you so much. He thought that was very sweet of you

Respected Contributor

Linda and Claudia..he also said thank you.

Respected Contributor

Linda, the receptacle for paper has a lid. Sometimes I have to weight it down. I also have 2 open round bins for cans and plastic. The boxes are placed beside all that. It's picked every 1st ful week and then again the 3rd week so some months there are 3 weeks between pickups. I recycle as much as I can as we have an extra charge on our garbage bill for recycling.

R had said he'd be up early and do it but I wasn't sure he'd remember. Good thing I was up early as he had reflux much of the night and couldn't help.

Esteemed Contributor

Glad you were able to take care of getting out the recycling, Claudia.  I know DD's recycling is picked up less often, but so far they are doing it every week here.  I'm sure storing it up for two or three weeks would make for a lot of recycling.  But, it is good that you are doing as much as possible.  

Here, we pay one company for both services (trash and recycling), but in Maryland, it depended on where I lived.  One location, these charges were included in the property taxes, and the other place took care of recycling through property taxes, but trash was from a private company.  I know recycling is becoming more and more of a problem.