Esteemed Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLiCS -- Week of March 1st

Good Afternoon!  I'm back from church -- really enjoy this church more than any I have ever attended.  They already had my name tag ready, and I had only signed up for one last week.  They also passed out a flier and information about the virus and what individuals and the church could do to help avoid spreading it.  Sensible stuff.

Before all this virus discussion, DD and I talked about how often she washes her hands and how dry they were getting.  She decided to buy hand cream/lotion that she would place next to the kitchen and bathroom sink, and I decided to do the same.  I always kept hand cream on my night stand so that I could put it on just before bed, but it really needs to be more often.

Hope you are feeling okay Barbara and so is V and Pepper.  As Jean says, you two are certainly giving lots of business to the medical providers.  I hope they are successful in helping both of you. 

I get notifications from Medicare and my health insurance via e-mail, and finally got information about my vein doctor.  I was wondering since I hadn't even received something about my first visit in November.  Anyway, I think they have filed all the visits.  While he accepts Medicare rates and between Medicare and my health insurance I don't need to pay anything, he is not considered a "preferred provider" for the insurance company.  So, they will be sending me checks for what I owe him, and then I will need to deposit the checks and write checks to him.  Pretty silly.  I have to do the same with my audiologist.

Fingers crossed your weather isn't too bad, Claudia, and you, R, and your furbabies are feeling okay.  Such a relief that R has his wallet and cards.

Hope both of you have a nice Sunday, and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S.  I discovered they make artificial toe nails, so I might try them before going for a pedicure.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLiCS -- Week of March 1st

[ Edited ]

Good afternoon shopping buddies!

The weather is a typical cool, partially cloudy day with the normal expectation of rain, here in my neck of the pacific northwest.  I am taking it easy today, but yesterday I gathered up clothing and housewares for donation to the Paralyzed Veterans of America charity. 

@LindALatte  I think it's a wonderful blessing that you are enjoying your new church that much! 

Everyone here is being extra vigilant since the COVID-19 is very close to us, with one death having been reported, and multiple active cases, so I have extended my prayer circle. 

I hope everyone is well, and enjoys the remainder of their day!

~~~All we need is LOVE💖💖

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..made it to church to sing. I tried a music stand but that was awkward..I have a lightweight black binder that I use when I do solos so will try that next. 
m had a breakdown last night, so I spent a lot of time this afternoon calming her down. All of the stress with getting the house ready plus dealing with little miss mouth, aka Syd, are difficult for her. I told her not to take Sydnie so seriously..She is a typical 9 th grade know it all.

i think things are ok for q while. I also reassured that the house will go on the market when it is ready. She misinterprets a lot of what she thinks she hears. Yikes

Linda..glad you like your new church. I love where I go here also.i plan on continuing my life as it is..I wash my hands a lot.m was kind of freaking out about it and I told her to settle down.

Claudia..Hope yiur day has been good.

nontsv for me..

Sleep well. 💕

Respected Contributor

Here in north west PA it was an overcast day. At least it was warmer than the past few days. The snow is melting again.

I did go out and pick up some otc medicines plus some hand sanitizer. Given R's multiple medical problems I refilled necessary prescriptions. The store was crowded and I noticed otc meds were not in great supply. I do have plenty of kleenex. Other than that I'm not making any changes.

I overdid the household chores today and am taking it easy. R is happily watching Outlander.

I'm glad M is doing better after your talk, Barbara. Sydnie is at that age. I hope your binder will work well for you.

I hadn't heard of artificial toenails, Linda. That might work for you. I'm glad you are so happy with your new church.

Respected Contributor

somehow I hit post before I was ready.

I have a bag of donations started. I decided to go through my purses. Now it's on to other items. We have a limited number of places to donate, SandySparkles.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  So far, it is partly sunny and cool (but not cold) here, but they are predicting rain for this afternoon followed by cooler weather.  Later in the week, it should be warmer.  

Sorry M was so upset, Barbara, but I am glad you were able to help her calm down.  I know DD has been through some issues with her kids (smart mouth/back-talk) , but I only hear about it on occasion.  Boys tend to be that way older than girls (in my experience), so it was later than 9th grade for at least two of them. I haven't heard much about the younger boy which may mean he isn't as bad as his brothers or she just has learned to deal with it.  I'm sure moving is adding to M's stress.

Glad you enjoy your church so much and were able to sing.  Hope the new music arrangement works better.  Also hope you, V, and Pepper are doing well.

Hi Sandy Sparkles -- your area is certainly making the news a lot, but I think the virus will probably pop up all over the country once more testing is done.  Hope you continue to stay safe, and glad you got so much sorting for charity done on Saturday.

I don't blame you for stocking up on supplies, Claudia.  I was in Wal Mart yesterday (mostly picking up some food), but saw the cleaning/disinfectant area was getting pretty empty as was the OTC medications.  Hope you, R, and your furbabies are doing okay today.

I'm back from "strong bones" that went well, and I plan to go to the alterations place soon.  DD thought the artificial toenail idea was good, and suggested I order the child size since my toenails are quite small.  

If possible, I would like to visit my hospice patient this afternoon.  Nothing else of note.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I hope you had a chance to visit your hospice patient this afternoon, Linda. I read about your dress alterations. That's a great price.

Adam never gave us much backtalk  but his sister definitely made up for it.

I picked up the dog food this afternoon plus Griffyn's prescription and have him scheduled for grooming Friday. I hope the good weather continues. The snow we had is mostly melted and I caught up on yard cleanup. We did have some light rain. Bills are paid and our tax refund should be deposited tomorrow.

I'm sure the virus will continue to show up around the country too. It certainly is showing up in your area Sandy Sparkles. I'm afraid the nursing homes may be hard hit.

Hopefully I can keep R healthy.

My classmate who was so ill was finally discharged from the hospital and is in a local nursing home until she regains her strength.

Barbara, I hope you and V are doing well and Pepper is behaving.

Respected Contributor

Oh my, I wrote a lengthy post yesterday but it did not post. I am in a cast for 4 weeks and hopefully it will heal..if not more will have to be done.8i was very happy with the dr..The cast is annoying yo say the least. I cannot get my earrings in or out nor can I blow dry my hair.i have small studs in and will use alcohol to clean them. My hair is naturally wa y so it is manageable..I am going to get it trimmed tomorrow which should help.

m continues to be very stressed..vs brother and sil just moved very close to us, so they are going to come this afternoon to supervise the installation from Home Depot.i hope that will help her.she has a lot of pressure from work.

m called me at supper time, asking where pepper was. Apparently she slipped out when I was watering my plants and wandered to the neighbors behind us. I hopped in the golf cart and she was being held on the patio. Yikes.

hope you have a good day.😘

Esteemed Contributor

Glad your friend is out of the hospital at least, Claudia.  Like you, I am concerned about people in nursing homes, etc.  A lady who volunteers at the senior lunch program when she is here (winter visitor from Canada) said her husband went to three stores and could not find any hand sanitizer.  I have some, but try to use soap and water if possible.  I read an article about how difficult it is not to put your hands on your face (which is recommended), and I totally agree.  I'm trying to do so less often, but.....

Hope you, R, and your furbabies are doing okay.

So very sorry about your cast, etc., Barbara.  What a difficult time with not being able to do so many "regular" things.  While I did not break anything when I had my accident, my arm, ribs, etc. were very sore, and I could not do things like pull a top over my head.  I had very few blouses with buttons at the front.  Fortunately, my work buddy went to the thrift store and found some for me.  

Glad you were able to find Pepper -- little sneak.  Hope that M will be less stressed soon.  My work buddy went to the doctor about her anxiety, and he put her on some medication.  Hopefully, that will help her because she is very anxious.

As you may have read on the other thread, I am having problems with a couple of tax forms sent to DH.  It is extremely complicated, but I was on hold for three hours (no joke) with the broker yesterday only to have unsatisfactory conversations for 30 minutes or sobo  I was upset enough to lose sleep last night.  I called another section of the broker this morning, and I think things will work out, but I may need to do a conference call to the broker with at least one of his children, and that will be difficult to arrange.  And, then the broker will have to do some work to straighten out this mess.

Another thing that had me worried last night was an e-mail from my SIL.  She had a mammogram followed by a sonogram, and now the doctor wants her to have a biopsy.  However, her insurance ran out, and the new insurance won't be in place for three months (I don't know why it takes so long).  She said the COBRA (spelling?) for her insurance would be nearly $800 a month.  She is trying to get help from a charity and/or her doctor, but I felt she was hinting that I should pay for the insurance.  And, that isn't going to happen.  I could be wrong, but.....

I saw my hospice patient yesterday, and it went okay.  But, I have to say it is not as easy as my other patients.  She asks the same questions over and over plus tells me all sorts of stories about her life and family.  I know other Alzheimer's patients do this, but it is new for me.  

The gym went okay, and I was able to talk with Larry who is having surgery on Thursday.  He went to the hospital today due to chest pains which they thought were probably due to being worried about the surgery.  

DD said their puppy still had giardia, and gave her three pills for him.  He put up such a fight that she took him to the vet and they struggled to get him to take it and swallow.  And, they gave her a can of food which she will try to give him tonight (no pill) and tomorrow morning (pill).  If that doesn't work, she will run him up to the vet again.  What we won't do for our furbabies.

Hope both of you sleep well, and you feel better, Barbara.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I do hope the cast works, Barbara. It's so difficult when you can only use one hand.People's middle name should be trouble. What a little sneak. That's nice that will have some help from V's brother and his wife.

No wonder you couldn't sleep, Linda. The tax forms would have kept me awake too. I'm sure things will work out It's just a real pain to get everyone on a conference call.I

Fingers crossed for your sil.  A lot of companies don't provide insurance til after 3 months. As I recall when I was still working new employees had no coverage for a certain period of time. Being on hold that long sounds like a real nightmare.

Your hospice patient sounds much like my mother. It's not easy by any means.

When I checked FB this morning I saw Jules post about Nashville so messaged my brother there. Also messaged my sisters to see if they'd heard anything. Anne telephoned him and finally got a call back. His neighborhood had no damage and his workplace is ok. The photos he sent of a neighborhood he frequents are terrible. So much damage and lives changed.

I was heading home with the milk after stopping at the bank to see if our refund was deposited. Near home I noticed the car was driving odd and found the left front tire very low. I managed to get to the house and that tire was definitely flat. We tried the air compressor but the tire deflated again. Ended up having the car towed to the shop we use. As I thought the tire needed replaced and since the other 3 would soon need replaced we ended up with 4 new tires. Ouch. The newer cars do not have a spare or a jack. Just an air compressor with sealant. We dropped our AAA coverage as no one locally will accept it due to low reimbursement rates. Still $88 wasn't too bad for taking the car to the shop. We were able to get the car back a short time later. I'm sure glad it didn't happen when I was taking Griffyn to the groomer which is scheduled for Friday. That would have been a real nightmare.