Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLiCS -- Week of March 1st

Good Evening!  Hope both of you, your husbands, and furbabies are doing okay.

I had a Caregivers lunch and meeting today, and then I went to the gym and bought gasoline after the gym.  

I haven't heard anything more from DH's son, but I am sure he will be in touch when he has news.  DD told me about the visit to the vet yesterday -- pretty awful.  Apparently, the puppy not only cried but bit people when they were trying to get his medicine down.  He has small teeth, but they are sharp.  She was afraid the vet would not want to see him again, but so far so good.

Today I got my State tax refund -- small, but at least a refund.  Both Federal and State agencies were very fast.  DD told me that oldest DGS and his fiance were planning to go on a cruise for their honeymoon, but will probably not do so.  Hope they can go somewhere.  My SIL is taking off at the end of the month, and he and DD are going on several day trips to celebrate her birthday (late, but nice.)  I am happy they are doing couple things since I think it is a good sign for when the kids grow up and move out. 

Youngest DGS made it to Florida okay.  

Nothing else to report.  Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Not much going on here. I did my usual chores and worked on the shelves in the upstairs all. The replacement patterned 2 piece storage (The Camouflage Company) arrived from QVC and I sorted through sheets nd decided what to keep. 2 fleece sets for winter and 2 percale sets for the rest of the year. I really could use another set. I also dropped off 3 bags of donations.

Griffyn gets groomed tomorrow and I must remember to pick Tully's medicine up at the vet's before heading home. R has acupuncture again early afternoon so I'll drop him off on my way to pick up Griffyn.

Linda, I'm glad youngest dgs safely arrived in FL. I think it probably wise at this point for eldest gs and his fiancee to hold off on a cruise. It's nice your SIL is taking your DD on some day trips.

Those puppy teeth are sharp. Hope the puppy gets use to handling by the vet. I have to put Tully's liquid medicine in a bit of milk. Pills go in a softened but of cheese.

Respected Contributor

Good evening..I am having a flare complete with fever, so no choir.

the Home Depot saga continues. They sent a refrigerator, the same size as the one that did not fit..so m refused delivery and she is going to the store with the invoice that says what the model is supposed to be. I am calling corporate tomorrow and will file a complaint with the bbb..I have no words left #$#&*&&##

i was hoping this would have been resolved but not so

Linda...chuckled about dds dog biting the vet...that commonly happens according to peppers vet. Glad you got you tax refund. I am sure dhs kids will get the tax figured out. 

Laudia..hope your day is good.

84 today and warmer tomorrow.

leep well🥰

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon.

I think the Dh mess is resolved. They are giving us one that will fit at the same price as the package. I am still going to file a complaint with whatever higher ups I can find. What a saga.

my wrist is achy..think I did too much today...

it was quite lovely here..perfect weather.

nothing else e citing...sleep well. 😎

Respected Contributor

I'm glad the refrigerator was is straightened out,Barbara. We've had fairly good luck with out local Lowe's. I wasn't impressed with Home Depot which is north of us over the NY state line. Try to take it easy.

it's been a rather gloomy day with the temperature staying at 34°. We may get a bit of snow overnight. Griffyn was groomed and looks very handsome. He was so vaporizer me I had to wait several minutes before heading home. He kept grabbing my arm. Got him home and Tip was delighted. Then I picked R up from his acupuncture.

I hope you've had a good day, Linda. Fingers cross your dh's son gets the financial but straightened out.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening.  Glad things got straightened out about the refrigerator, Barbara.  Sorry about your wrist.  Try to take it easier tomorrow.  Our weather was great too, but I think I have developed some seasonal allergies, so I am taking allergy medicine and using eye drops as well.  I picked up some more of each at Wal Mart that was totally lacking in things like hand sanitizer and alcohol.  Glad I have some already.

Glad Gryff is looking so good, Claudia.  Sounds very chilly there.

DH's son e-mailed that one of the two accounts is okay.  I should be getting a form in the mail that says zero for DH's account.  If not, he will e-mail the notice to me.  The other account is still messed up, but I think it is not an issue for me but the two of them.  

My SIL was approved for unemployment benefits, which is good.  She hopes to start work next week.

Youngest DGS was flying home from Florida today, and my SIL went to pick him up at the airport. 

Meanwhile, DD said that oldest DGS' fiance's mother keeps threatening to not pay for the wedding.  Really strange reasons like wanting to approve the guest list (most of the guests will be her family members and friends).  DD and I decided if they don't have a formal wedding, we will just go out to a fancy restaurant as a family since she, DGD, and I all have dresses and shoes already.  Hopefully, it won't come to that, but.....

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..I am back from the dog park.it was nice sitting out with a breeze blowing..a perfect day.

v is at a bridge tournament all day.i have slowly accomplished a few things.?i am getting better at figuring out how to work with the cast.

v3 is at our place..finishing up some projects. Our real estate agent said m could work at their office when a showing happens.they have an empty office..I thought that was very nice of her. With the improvements, she is going to list it at a very good price. I am happy..even with f it sells for less, itis still more than we expected.

Linda..dgs future mil sounds like a piece of work. I hope she is not one that will interfere once they are married. Hope you had a nice lunch with your friend. I know you told us, but when will the youngest grands complete school?

Claudia..I bet gryff looks lovely. Pepper has been rolling I. The grass at the park so she needs a bath.

have a great rest of your day. 😎😎

Esteemed Contributor

Glad you got out in the nice weather and are learning how to work with the cast, Barbara.  That is very nice of the real estate agent.  Also nice that you will be getting a good price for the house (fingers crossed). 

I had a nice lunch with my friend, and then she treated me to an ice cream sundae at Mc Donald's.  I have not had one of those for many, many years. 

She has a big complication regarding her house.  It is a very long story, but her DH's niece owns the house, and she has a lifetime lease.  But, the niece isn't paying taxes, etc., and would like her to move out.  My friend went to our wonderful estate lawyer yesterday, and she will handle things with the niece from now on.  (The niece had called her the other night and did all sorts of swearing and threatening.)  

Hope V can give Pepper a bath.  Also hope he enjoyed his bridge tournament.

My DGD graduates in May.  I think I forgot to mention that she just got a promotion.  She is now a direct report to one of the Vice Presidents of the company.

Youngest DGS (who is two years older than DGD) is taking a course this spring, and plans to take two courses over the summer and one in the first term of the Fall.  So, theoretically, he will be finished in October or November, but I don't think that he will actually get his diploma until next December.  I am really looking forward to his graduation -- quite an accomplishment for all four kids to graduate from college   Of course, I would really like DD to do so, but I am not even mentioning it at this point.

Hope all is okay there, Claudia, and your weather is tolerable/nice.

Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. I finally heard from Jo Ann, and she will be going to the bookclub meeting on Monday.  Another one of my friends is not coming since it is her birthday, and her DH is taking her out for an early dinner.  She had one cataract surgery and will be having the other done next week.  She was complaining about the restrictions on lifting, need to use expensive drops, etc.   I'm not looking forward to it, but I think cataract surgery is in my future.

Respected Contributor

Barbara, that's good news about the house pricing. It's also nice that M will have a place to work while the house is being shown. I'm glad you're adapting to the cast. It takes some getting used to.

It sounds like a messy situation for your friend, Linda. I'm glad she consulted with an estate lawyer. That's great news about your DGD.

4 kids graduating from college is a great accomplishment.

R found the one extension cord his c-pap and his phone charger were plugged into wasn't working. The cord was plugged in behind a barrister bookcase. I ended up emptying 2 of the shelves so I could move the bookcase out. I think it wasn't plugged in securely. We decided to replace the cord with a surge protector. Finally that's done and everything put back.

We had a late lunch/early supper at The Plaza. The moussaka was very good.