Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLiCS -- Week of March 15

I agree with you Claudia.  Crazy time to take a trip, especially taking the boys.   I'm not surprised at the closures and cancellations in your area.  I think Arizona is much less restrictive, but things are closing down right and left.  As of yesterday evening, no restaurants in the county can have sit-down meals -- take out is still okay.

I'm trying to be relaxed about all the changes -- which no one can help, but I am having some "issues" (psychological).  I did use my yoga DVD yesterday evening, and I was happy that I did better than before I had yoga classes.  Speaking of which, OLLI sent out a notice that someone who had attended a class on the last day I had yoga class was presumed to have the virus -- not tested yet, but has the symptoms and had been in an area where the virus was present.  They are under quarantine for two weeks.  Glad they were not in yoga class or the same room as we used.  

Really hope things pan out with that couple, Barbara.  Glad you got rid of the bees.  Interesting about your SIL.  My eye doctor's office has closed.  Fortunately, DD and DGD were able to get into their doctor, and both got prescriptions for the medications and were able to have them filled.

Oldest DGS will be paid for two weeks, but they are not saying anything about after the two weeks.

"Army DGS" said security was extremely tight on the base when he went to the commissary yesterday or the day before.  Long story, but the base where he goes is involved in all sorts of research, and the Defense Secretary was there when he was.

I got some gasoline, and found some groceries at the two grocery stores and Wal Mart (my usual Friday shopping).  They were out or low on many, many things -- for example, no eggs, little or no bread, etc., etc., but I should be okay for a week or more (except maybe for eggs and milk.)   The lines were quite long.

Our weather is nice -- lots of clouds, but it made it up to 70 degrees.  I had a good walk.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Barbara, I'm glad to read the bee situation is taken care of. It certainly would be nice if the house sells quickly. The eye doctors around here have closed.  

Our restaurants have been open for take out only all week. Bread is difficult to find locally. I did get eggs earlier this week. I may look for yeast and bread flour.

Linda, I'm very glad the person with the presumed virus was not in your part of the building. The local hospital is asking for donations of N95 masks. Gas prices as of today are down to $2.35 for regular. A drop of at least $0 .50.

Today started out rainy but warm (for us 63°). Later it got quite windy. Lots of power outages and surges around the area. So far we haven't had any.

I shot down R's idea that we should buy another camper or tent and go live in the woods. Smh.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..quite a lovely day here. We are slowly doing some cleaning. I can't do my usual,things and, though helpful tends to be slow. Lol. And I am not complaining.

Today is Syds 15th birthday..hard to realize she is that old.m is going to do take out from Olive Garden for dinner. She has to go back to the orthopedic dr because her ankle remains very swollen.

our realtor thinks that all real estate sales are going to be temporarily halted. We are in no big hurry to sell..it will happen eventually. Plus it takes stress off m

Linda...hope you are able to find some things you enjoy doing. My friends here have been visiting by gold cart..now that it is warmer, one sits in front of the house and the other on the golf cart. Lol. I have started re reading one of my favorite Phillips Gregory series, The White Princess. Plus we watch Amazon prime and Netflix, I read on the other thread that your trip may still be on.

no tsv for me..with my streaming service I cannot watch qvc at all. 

Claudia..hope you are doing ok.unbelievable about whit taking a road trip. 

I am glad that I know how to cook from scratch...I told v that I am going to get fresh veggies to grill, and see what grains I can find. I made asparagus last night..broiled with a bit of olive oil and it was good. We drink no fat milk and that always seems to be around.

try to enjoy the day..this too shall pass. 🙏🙏

Respected Contributor

Linda..I think of you a lot...you are alone and that has to be difficult.you can always call me. 💖💖

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Glad R didn't push the idea of purchasing another camper or tent.  I saw on FB that Mike (Michelle's widower) is planning to drive out to New Mexico tomorrow.  I mentioned that places he wants to visit may well be closed.  They are closing many places around here -- even parts of the parks, etc.

Happy Birthday to Syd, Barbara.  I can't believe she is that old -- yikes!  What a bad time to have a birthday.  My ex BIL turns 80 tomorrow.  Even before the virus mess, I decided to send him a card and a little money since I know he is depressed and not feeling well plus has very little money.  He e-mailed me today saying how grateful he was -- that was nice.  Sorry she needs to go back to the doctor.

I would not be surprised if they stopped real estate sales for a while.  Where is M planning to move when your house sells?  Glad V is helping out, and you have plenty to do.  I have lots to do as well, but this isolation is bothering me big-time.  Thanks for your offer -- I will remember to call if I need to talk.  They didn't have milk of any type when I went to the grocery stores.  But, I think Wal Mart did have some.  I usually buy the skim, but I will take !% If I need to do so.  Sprouts' bins with bulk grains were mostly empty -- rice, pasta, beans, etc. seem to be in short supply.  Fortunately, I have plenty.

Imagine you really don't want to watch QVC, but if you might want to sometime, I think it is possible.  My streaming service and antenna do not get the Q, but there was a way to get it on Roku.  I imagine that it is available on the Fire stick as well.  It is more of a hassle than with cable, but the one app has QVC1, 2 (and maybe 3) plus at least two channels of HSN. 

I really don't think my trip to England and Scotland will happen at the end of May, but they have not cancelled yet.  I owe the rest of the money by the 30th of March, and I keep hoping they will cancel so that I don't need to send in the money.  But, I think I will end up having to do so only to have them cancel later.  Hopefully, I can take the trip next year.

It is very pretty here, but it was a bit windy on my walk -- had to hold on to my sunhat.  As you know, I enjoy cooking a lot, but since I have the meals from the senior lunch program, I have cut back my cooking.  I did cook some asparagus, etc. for dinner. 

I went through my closet and re-arranged things, but I only found one pair of pants to donate.  If I had to move or give up my closet space, I could get rid of a lot more.  But, it is hard tor me to do so when I have the room.  I was happy to see my summer/warmer weather things waiting for me.  (I'm sure that sounds silly). 

Hope you, R, and your furbabies are doing okay, Claudia and both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Barbara, it's hard to believe Syd is 15. The time seems to speed up. The exception of course is this quarantine. It's good she has the doctor appointment since her ankle is swollen.

it wouldn't surprise me if real estate sales were stopped for a while .

My college roommate 's birthday is Tues. I mailed a card.

Apparently Tuesday's VA appointment is still on as we got a reminder call.. I refilled R's weekly pill box and put refill orders in for a couple meds. Also notified the VA about 3 prescriptions that need renewed.

I've not been real motivated today. I did what had to be done. I haven't watched the QVC shows in a long time. I just check online for what I'm interested in.and look at recently in the air.

That's unbelievable Michelle's husband is heading west with his camper, Linda. Not a good time. I'm sure the daughter who is a nurse is not happy about it. Whit is extremely intelligent but common sense is not something she has.

It was very kind of you to send your former bil a card and money. I'm sure it was much appreciated..

Judy's part of Montreal is under a state of emergency. Someone who attended a wedding at the synagogue came down with it and passed it to a grandparent at a geriatric home. Another person contracted it and went to the mall.

I feel sorry for the shelters and rescues. Many are full and no transports to our of state fosters and adopters isn't going to happen.

I suspect you are right about your trip not taking place this year, Linda. I have doubts R's reunion in August will happen but I'm not saying that to him.

If be happy if my warm weather clothes were in a closet. Unfortunately they're packed in the attic.

Pippen's special food arrived today. I feel better now I have a 2 month supply for him.