Esteemed Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLiCS -- Week of March 15

Good Morning/Afternoon!  It is certainly a very different Sunday for me.  I'm going to watch the church service on Facebook rather than in person, and the gym(s) are closed here until at least April 1st.  I plan to take a walk and do some indoor exercising later.  

Today was DH's birthday, and a reminder of how much I miss him.  But, also of the good times we had together.  As both of you saw, my SIL took some pictures of DD's (actually DGD's) little dog and posted them on FB -- that certainly brought a smile to my face.  He is a real cutie.

I guess this will be a test of how adaptable all of us are to dramatic changes in our lives.  Hope I pass the test.  Very long story, but one of my bookclub members sent a very nice e-mail after the meeting (another long story) saying that she thought I was a strong woman -- I guess I didn't think of myself that way, but hope it is true.

Sounds like your area is similar to ours, Claudia.  I saw that Wal Mart is shortening hours so that the clerks can clean and re-stock the shelves.  Good idea since the clerks looked very harried when I was there.  Glad you have R's medication.  I would not be surprised if many things are canceled for quite a while.  Hope you, R, and your furbabies are doing well.

Also hope the same for you, V, and Pepper, Barbara.  I was thinking this is not the best time to try to sell a house, but I know many people look on the internet, and maybe those who are really interested will set up an appointment to see the house in person.

I kept going back and forth on the idea, and finally decided to order one of those "elliptical" machines like Jean has.  It should come on Wednesday.  Definitely not a replacement for the gym, but hopefully better than nothing.

Hope both of you have a decent Sunday and sleep well tonight.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLiCS -- Week of March 15

Linda..thanks for starting. A stupid lady, whose dogs have attacked Pepper, brought them on the side we were on, after I asked to wait. Of course, they immediately went after het and I had to use both hands.lso my wrist is achy. I am very annoyed to say the least.

Linda, our realtor thinks this is a prime time to sell..interest rates are very low and people are looking. She had an initial,open house on a home not as nice as ours and she had a bidding war the next morning. I am leaving it in her hands because she is very good.

your dds dog is cute..what breed is it ??  I saw your post on FB about your Dh and I am glad you are remembering the good times. 

Schools in Mn are closed until the end of the month...amie thinks it may be longer. Sydnie is not happy.

i have enough food for at least 3 weeks...we are not big eaters so one prep usually lasts for 2 meals. I am going to quit watching the news.

my friend is returning from her shortened trip to Israel via London. Her Dh said she will have to be quarantined for 14 days. 

Claudia hope you are having a good day.

these are intersting times to say the least.😎😎

Esteemed Contributor

That sounds great about the house sale possibility, Barbara.  I know that the interest rates are very low, but I thought some people would not want to go to open houses at this time.  However, I am used to older people, and the home buyers would probably be younger and healthy.

The little dog is a ChiPoo - half Chihuaha and half mini-poodle.

What a clueless/stupid lady at the dog park.  Hope your wrist won't be much worse.

They announced that future church services will not include anyone but the ministers and maybe a musician.  They are looking into a different way to stream the services and other ideas.

DH's DD called, and her cold is pretty bad.  She normally does not call in sick, but did so yesterday.  There is a lot of doom and gloom in the hospital since they are concerned about a big influx of people and the virus spreading.  Their schools are closed as well, and like Syd, her younger daughter is not happy.  The organization that arranged for foreign exchange students told her older daughter that they will not be forcing them to come home, and she is doing fine. 

She said that her husband's mother and step father (a little older than me) are staying home.  I am back from a walk, and was careful to wash my hands, etc.  Hopefully, I will be able to continue walking at least.  I may hear about the senior lunch program and hospice visits tomorrow, but so far they are still on. 

Very interesting times indeed.

Respected Contributor

Yes, interesting times indeed.I

Barbara, I hope your wrist is okay. That's a rather frightening experience.  That seems good news regarding house sales.

Just finished up a call from Adam. Not much worrying going on in his part of the country. He is getting groceries after work tomorrow and I told him what he might want to pick up. The other day he took our former sil to the er. He had a temperature of 104. Turns out he has the flu. I hope Adam doesn't catch it.

It's too bad DH's daughter had a bad cold, Linda. I'm sure she's under a lot of stress. I'm not surprised to hear about the church services. It hasn't been an easy day for you. You may not think it but you're a strong person.  

I wonder if R will still be able to work out at the pt place.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..no drama at the dog park today. I got most of my pick up order today..no canned soup which s ok because I can make my own.people continue to buy like it is the end of the world. Yikes

we are going on a ride to look at wildflowers tomorrow.we will pick a light lunch.that will be something different to do. 

I have an appt with a rheumatologist her on weds. The office contacted me to let me know they have precautions in place to ensure safety.

Linda..I just heard that San Francisco is on lockdown. Wonder how your dil is doing. Was dgds diagnosis a surprise. I have not heard of any of my friends with fibromyalgia having to see a psychiatrist befor getting treatment. Is your trip gone land still on for May? Hope you are finding enough to keep active since everything is closed down 

Claudia..it is good things are calmer where Adam is. Are you and r trying to stay home?.

i hope you have a good evening.🐸🐸

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Glad your made it to the dog park with no incidents today, Barbara.  Also glad you got your order.  A trip to see the wildflowers sounds nice.

Yes, DGD's diagnosis was a surprise.  She went to a a rheumatologist, and she was the one who suggested the medication that required a visit to the psychiatrist due to side effects of the medication.  I hope she gets some help.

No word about the trip scheduled for the end of May.  I am waiting for the tour company to cancel or make it easy to cancel.  They said they are extremely busy, and they are helping the nearest trips first.  Based on what the President said, I am guessing the trip will be canceled.  I am also concerned about DGS' July 4th wedding.  What a headache for his fiance's family.

DH's DD is in Oakland, so I don't know if the San Francisco lock-down would apply.  Even if it does, I think they would make an exception for a doctor.  Her cold sounded very bad yesterday, and she was only supposed to go to a meeting today.  She was having trouble reaching the airline (Panamanian airline) since their "spring break" flight (later this month) had been canceled.  Not inexpensive tickets, and she had been calling for three days with no answer.

I thought everything had been canceled, but a few minutes ago I got an e-mail from hospice saying that we could visit assisted living places if they did not object.  As far as I know, my patient's home does not object.  But, I am thinking it over since I know at least one other patient was coughing loudly when I was there last Wednesday.  I might be out of range from him, but my patient probably is around him (meal times, etc.), and I really, really don't want to get sick. 

Since the senior lunch program was open today (closing for at least two weeks starting tomorrow), I took them some of my Irish Soda Bread (which I had made for tomorrow).  There were only two people there at the time.  I also gave them a can of spray disinfectant that I didn't need (didn't like the citrus scent, and had bought my regular type a few weeks ago.)  I thought one of the caregivers might need it.  Then, I stopped by the food bank and dropped off some cereal and peanut butter I had purchased for them.

Took a nice walk this afternoon and did my "strong bones" session here.  Not as active as usual, but I think I am doing okay.

Hope Adam didn't catch the flu, Claudia.  Also hope you, R, and your furbbies are doing okay and both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I didn't plan to go out today but had to mail a hospital bill. Just before I left we heard all non essential business were to close and restaurants except for takeout. I had planned to pay the rest of the car insurance Wednesday but instead decided to pay it today.

I also decided to pick up additional pet food. Tractor Supply was mobbed. Carts were piled high with pet food. I managed to get a bag of my usual cat food plus one for the young feral. Also filled up the gas tank. Gas has gone down to $2.56 for regular.

My groomer's rescue posted that some people are surrendering their pets to shelters or asking to euthanize them afraid their pets will give them the virus. Such misinformation out there.

I am appalled. The local bowling alley has decided to ignore the closing. R thinks there's no problem with going to senior bowling. Maybe he can live at the alley for 2 weeks. Lol.

Your DGD is young for fibromyalgia, Linda. Mother had it for a number of years.

I'm with you Linda. I really want to avoid getting sick if at all possible.

A little road trip sounds lovely, Barbara. Enjoy it.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon...we took our little road trip..pepper enjoyed getting a car ride. Otherwise, I have accomplished little today.

m said there is quite a food shotyage in Mn.,she did an online order that she cannot pickup for over a week. I really hope people get a grip soon. Our community is being closed to outside visitors..

what??.

Linda..I was thinking of your dgd..was she checked for rheumatoid arthritis. I would gues she was but was wondering. 

my friend got back from Israel but has to self quarantine for 2 weeks.

Claudia..there are many rumors floating about the virus. I wish the federal government was more direct about it.

enjoy your evening.💜💜

Respected Contributor

I'm glad you enjoyed your road trip, Barbara. Pepper too.

I picked up the farm milk at the small market. As of this morning they had a good stock of groceries. They had been closed 10 days for vacation and just reopened Monday. Thought I wouldn't be going back out again but R was out of an otc medicine and needed it. Here I thought we had everything we needed and had been congratulating myself. Lol.

Locally there's talk that if the hospital runs out of room they will use space at the nearby state hospital. I've read there's no local cases but 9 people met the criteria for testing and results aren't back yet.

Young feral showed up this evening requesting more food. Mornings I find him on the porch silently meowing that he would please like some breakfast.

We had corned beef and cabbage for dinner tonight.

I had read online grocery orders are backlogged for a week or more in some areas.

Esteemed Contributor

Glad you had a nice little road trip, Barbara.  It was pretty windy here today, but I had a nice walk.  As you probably read on the other thread, I decided against visiting my hospice patient.  Everything else is cancelled.  They just decided to close all of our libraries which was one of the last places still open.  To be honest, I was surprised that they were still open.

That is terrible about the food shortage in MN.  Just what M and Syd didn't need.  I picked up my two lunches from the senior lunch program.  I have food here, but they (group up in Tucson) went out of their way to supply the lunches, so I didn't want to waste them.  I ate the bean and cheese burrito for lunch, and it was good, but filling.  They will be sending four more meals on Thursday to last through the weekend.  So, I don't think I will need much food at least.

I don't know if DGD was tested for rheumatoid arthritis, but I guess that a  rheumatologist would do so.  She was busy on a conference call when I called, and my SIL was on a conference call in another part of the house.  DD didn't have any place to run, and it was difficult to talk.  

That is terrible about people abandoning their pets due to unfounded fears about the virus, Claudia.  Too many false rumors out there.  Glad you were able to pick things up at the store.  Hope you and R enjoyed the corned beef and cabbage.  Hope things work out with the hospital if it comes to that.

I really hope they will continue to let us take walks at least, but I know some areas are forbidding even that except for going to the pharmacy or whatever.  

Today I received the mini cycle I ordered (like Jean's), and I could not get a nut off one pedal so could not put it together.  I talked to the company, but I fear it will be a while before they send me a new pedal.  Really weird since the nut for the right pedal came right off, and the left one just will not budge.   At least I have some exercise DVD's that I can use.

Another form for DH's account came today.  His son has decided to wait until all of the forms arrive before going through the process with the broker to straighten things out.  Probably a good idea.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda