Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLcs week of May10

Good afternoon..the heat is coming back for the weekend, but it will cool a little after that. We had a great time last night..we were in their Az roo where they have a table big enough to keep us at least 6 feet apart...there was a breeze blowing through .i think we were ok...we are all very careful. 

my knee is hurting today..it needs to stop soon..lol..

Linda..I think it is going to take a while for the stores to open up. I am sure your dgs will have to do a lot to get it ready. I hope you will be able to get back to your activities soon. 

Claudia..I have had many times when the last bid never came In. It sad that there is not a lot f help in rural areas for home care. Someone was walking their big, shaggy dog in the heat the other day. I felt sorry for the dog.

i got a trial subscription to audible and started listening to Michelle Obama..it will be great for the trip home..but not when I am driving. 🤪

have a good rest of the day. 

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening.  As you may have read on the other thread, DGS store will not be opening for a while (not sure how long), since the county regulations are stricter than the State.  Things are certainly confusing.  At least he is still being paid.

Hope you were able to visit your neighbor, Claudia.  Also hope the third contractor showed.  I have never lived in a rural area, but I know there are both advantages and disadvantages.  It is a shame that getting caregivers can be difficult or impossible.  However, I know from experience with my Mom as well as DH, it isn't easy to find reliable, good caregivers regardless of where you live.  I sure hope things work out for Jean.  I noticed on FB that some of her friends did not have an easy time with recovery.

Like your area, it is supposed to get pretty hot over the weekend, and then be back to more normal temperatures here, Barbara.  How do you listen to Audible -- on your phone?  Glad you had fun with your friends, and hope your knee gets better.

Very quiet here.  I did buy gasoline for the first time in more than a month, probably a month and a half or more.  I still had 1/4 of a tank, but decided to go ahead.  Then, I went up to the food bank and dropped off a donation.  

I called my friend, Jo Ann, and found that her son is picking her up next Wednesday to drive her to CA.  Her house is sold, and she is selling her car to one of our mutual friends.  The facility she plans to move to is not saying if they will be ready for new people on June 1st, but she needs to be out of her house by then.  She is leaving the furniture for the new owner.  They are keeping their home in Illinois.

She didn't want to live with her son and family since they live in a small condo, but there is really no choice at this point.  She sounded good, and I am glad that I finally was able to talk to her.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. I love what you ordered, Claudia.  That video of Louis was great.  He looked like a famous actor (can't think of who), and it was nice that both he and Jac were so appreciative of his QVC fans/family.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Third contractor never showed so we'll be choosing between two. Rain started this afternoon and it's been heavy downpours at times. We ordered take-out from Plaza and had it delivered.

I haven't been over to see Sheila yet but waved this afternoon when her daughter and sil were taking her and the wheelchair to the car. She was managing the steps with help. I hope to get over tomorrow.

R has totally irritated me. He found his old military gas mask and was wearing it around the house claiming he could use it as a face mask. I told him he looked like an overgrown ant eater. Early tomorrow he has to be over the NY border for a Co-Vid 19 test. It's required before his scope on Tuesday.

Linda, I try not to let the gas tank get below 1/4 of a tank. The lowest our gas has been is $2.159. I saw its back up to $2.199 a couple days ago. I'm glad you had a chance to talk with Jo Ann. It's good your DGS is still being paid. When his store is able to reopen he'll certainly have a lot of work getting it ready.

I liked the top in black too but really wanted the blue I ordered.

sorry your knee is acting up, Barbara. R was told by the VA that using 2 different arthritis creams can help. Various patients reported it helped.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Hope your knee is better today, Barbara.  Also hope that you, V, and Pepper are doing okay.  It is currently 95 degrees here, so I am hiding in the house.  It was nice on my early morning walk.

I didn't realize R needed a COVID 19 test, Claudia.  Hope he wore a regular mask rather than the gas mask.  Also hope the test wasn't too bad.  Some of the people being tested were not happy with having those swabs stuck so far up their noses.  I do not envy them, but I guess it is necessary.  Did you have a chance to visit with Sheila? Good that she was able to get up the steps with help.

Very, very quiet around here.  I guess dull and safe is better than lots of action with the chance of getting infected.  They are opening our library on Monday -- limited hours.  No checking out the stacks, limited numbers entering, and encouraging pick-up outdoors.  While I have an internet connection, I know others (some winter visitors/renters) who do not.  They are letting people use the computers for 30 minutes, but even when they were closed, they announced that you could use their Wi Fi from the parking lot.  And, they provided information on accessing materials/movies electronically.

Hope you, R, and your furbabies are doing okay, Claudia and both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..back from taking pepper out..it is hot here..100 but there was a good breeze. I had a nice talk with a man I know out there. There is a big kerfluffle about the restrictions on our pool from some of the newer residents. They have no idea about how powerless they are because we all sign legal contracts when we buy. We are a land lease community so the only thing we own is our home.i am not going for any reasons but it will be interesting to read the notes.

Linda, I get audible on my phone and iPad..I have a month free and then a monthly fee. I doubt if I will pay that. The ac is keeping us comfortable. In spite of things opening, I am not going anywhere except to get my hair trimmed..?but I will wash it myself and not have it styled. Glad your friend, Joann has her move figured out.

Claudia..I have heard those Covid tests are pretty annoying. Glad you got to see your neighbor.since a lot of people have left, there is much less golf art, bike and dog traffic so Peppers barking has diminished. She prefers the tile floor when it is hot.

i found disposable face masks made in us on Amazon, so I ordered more. In the heat,mi breathe easier with those rather than cotton

peace 💕💕

Respected Contributor

R's test was needed in order for him to have the endoscopy on Tuesday. It didn't take long and he didn't complain after it so I presume it didn't bother him.

After so much rain yesterday it was sunny and in the low 70's today. The young couple to the right of us have a small dog and are dog sitting friend's puppy which happens to be a Gt. Pyrenees. Tippy was smiling at him through the fence. Griffyn not so much. Their cat, Jinx, was hanging around outside our house much to the annoyance of the young feral. I think Jinx felt there were too many small dogs in his house. Little did he realize our house is worse.

R got a call that his muzzleloader rendezvous will be next weekend after all. If he goes I hope he's cautious. The right hip is now bothering him and at least once he almost fell.

We haven't turned the air conditioner on yet but it's warm enough that the fleece sheets are coming off the bed tonight.

As far as I know our library isn't opening yet. I'm glad your early morning walk wasn't too hot, Linda.

I imagine Pepper finds the tile floor very comfortable, Barbara. Hope your knee isn't too painful.

Have a good evening.