Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLIcs. Week of February 18

Good Evening!  Glad the bone stimulator was approved, Claudia.  Hope you like your new furniture, and the dogs don't do any damage to the mirror, etc.   You and R must get tired or going to the doctors, etc.  But, I guess it is all necessary.

I saw the nice pictures of the zoo trip on FB, Barbara.  Looks like the kids were having a great time.  Hope you were okay and used the cart.

DH was very sleepy today, which was disappointing, but I know he was happy to have his family here. 

I was most upset because the caregiver I had trouble with last Sunday was there when we arrived in the morning.  I went home to get some laundry started, and she had left by the time I returned.  However, I found out that she was returning at 3:00. 

The girls couldn't decide on pizza, so we went out to lunch after I fed DH his lunch.  We were planning to come back for ice cream, but he was sleeping when we returned.  So, we went out to the park, which was nice.  When we returned, he was already having dinner, so I finished up feeding him, and then we had ice cream and cookies in the special room.  We sang Happy Birthday since they will not be here next month when he really has his birthday, and he was trying to sing along.  Very cute. 

Anyway, after that he fell asleep in his wheelchair, and we were just sitting around.  The caregiver never said one word to me, and I was getting more and more angry.  So, DH's DD gave me a ride home, and they picked me up to go out to dinner.  The assistant caregiver said she was leaving at 7:00 p.m., and they wanted to put him in bed since it took two people.  Dinner was nice, and DH's DD dropped me off and took his son with them to the hotel.  She will be driving him to the airport at 10:00 or so.  And, I plan to meet his daughter and granddaughters there tomorrow morning.

Now I'm back to doing the laundry, and trying to de-stress.  I can't talk to the manager and his deputy until Monday morning, and they will be getting an earful.  At minimum, I believe the caregiver owes me an apology, and I am very disappointed that they scheduled her in his building again despite my request that she be transferred to another building.  

I guess you can tell, it isn't easy for me to calm down about this, but I am trying.

Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda